JOYRIDE

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to: mellisa24 for her lovely upvote! It means a lot luv, thanks!

another chapter for Bubble4ever1221 for leaving a rocking comment and very intuitively guessing my favorite subject correctly~

And as always to my lovely donut holes who have brought my novella up to 3K reads!

me-> 

Enjoy~ This chapter is for you guys!

F I F T E E N

 J O Y R I D E: a ride in an automobile when the vehicle is driven recklessly or used without the owner's permission (see: driving for their lives)

 

I don't know how it worked out but somehow I ended up in the passenger seat, Aaron in the driver's seat with Jungkook, Jace, Connor, and Hunter squeezed in the backseat. But at this point, I don't really care. Adrenaline and fear mixed, shooting what felt like liquid courage through my veins and kicked my alpha instincts into high gear.

It would really bad if the Four pack we'd spotted caught up with us. Like really bad.

“Drive!” I order, yanking the parking break out of its place. Aaron jams the keys into the ignition, fluidly loosening on the clutch and the car purrs to life.

“Hyung, I swear if you crash my car-” Jungkook threatens, going all macho 'I-am-man' on Aaron's . The shifter in the drivers seat has the nerve to shoot his alpha an easy going grin from over his shoulder.

“They are literally right behind us,” Hunter speaks up, breaking their silent glaring contest. I whip around in my seat to catch a glimpse of two twin Range Rovers that I knew immediately harbored the Four members in. Discrete. I watched as almost took out a boy on his bike.

“Damn, how did they even find us? How did they even know? , Aaron, drive.” I command again. Aaron must silently agree because he quickly shifts into reverse and jerks out of the parking space, narrowly missing a baby blue Prius.

“Aaron,” Jungkook growls in warning. Paying his alpha no heed, Aaron pulls on the gear shift and guns the engine. We shoot forward and fly over a curb before he maneuvers out the tiny parking lot. “My tires.” He whines before everyone in the backseat begins yelling at once in a mix of English and Korean. I pick up bits of English street names, guessing that they're fighting over turns that Aaron should take.

The driver himself was yelling back at his packmates as he swerved through traffic.

What. The. Hell.

“I swear to god, if you guys don't stop backseat driving, I will massacre you. Then raise Satan with your bloodied corpses as offering so I can resurrect you and kill you again.” I hissed, my alpha current flaring brightly to match my annoyance and anger. Jace, Hunter, and Connor snapped their mouths shut obediently.

“That sounds like an awful lot of work,” Jungkook comments in amusement like he finds my threat cute. I turn back around in my seat and pin the idiot with my best 'raising-Satan-is-nothing-compared-to-what-I'm-prepared-to-do-to-you-if-you-don't-shut-your-trap'. His grin widens.

I catch a glimpse of the two Range Rovers in the trunk window, they weave expertly though traffic. I return to my seat just as Aaron, swerves wildly and my arm gets slammed painfully against the door handle.

“You're a driver,” I say, grabbing the thin handle mounted to the ceiling to keep from swinging. Behind us, the four shifter males squeezed in space only meant for three, curse loudly. A loud, furious sounding horn blasts behind us.

“Whatever,” Aaron concentrates on the road, jerking the wheel again as he makes a crazy turn on a red light so fast the tires screech.

“Holy ,” I hear Hunter explodes in a pained voice, “Connor, you bastard, you just elbowed me in the-”

“Shut up!” Aaron yells, jerking the wheel again into another terribly thought out left turn, “I can't concentrate. Where are we even going?”

I roll my eyes, checking behind us only to see the two dark cars getting ever closer, “Aaron, who cares, just gun it!”

“Holy ing . Jace if you don't get your ing of my ing lap I'm going to tell your mate that you tried to give me a .” Connor yells. Jace yells back in Korean.

“I am!” Aaron forces his foot down on the gas and the engine roars, but the speed doesn't increase. I glance down at the stick shift, wrinkling my nose when I realize what's wrong.

“You're in the wrong gear dip,” I screamed, reaching down and shifting the gear up. “I want to drive.” I unbuckle my seat belt, making a snap decision to take matters into my own hands, “You're a crap driver.”

“Now, don't get fidgety,” Aaron starts, “I-whoa!” He yells as I practically throw myself into his lap, slipping foot down to plant firmly on the gas pedal and knocking his hands off the steering wheel.

“Get in shotgun,” I order, bracing on foot on the floor so he can scoot out from underneath me. One growl from Jungkook and he moves like his has been lit on fire.

I maintain speed for a moment, pulling the seat forward so my feet can reach the pedals and adjusting the rear view mirror. Glancing back at the two cars in hot pursuit, I grip the steering wheel firmly with one hand and the gear shift with the other.

“Everybody buckled up?” I yell over my shoulder, but only hear a few disinterested responses from the passengers in the backseat. My survival instincts kick in, as I slam on the breaks roughly to make a sharp right turn, that our tailing cars don't expect coming and can barely make.

Swearing loudly, I shift gears and floor the gas. Behind me, I hear groans of pain and beside me, I catch a glimpse of Aaron pulling his seatbelt on in thoughts of self-preservation. I hear the same sound of the seatbelts locking into place from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter