EQUILIBRIUM

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to my lovely readers~My love for every single one of you guys goes beyond the stars━━━★

T W E N T Y - F I V E

E Q U I L I B R I U M [ee-kwuh-lib-ree-uh m, ek-wuh]: defined as the state in which all matter has reached the perfect state of stillness (see: their situation)

“This is the last time you get to sleep in my bed,” I growl at Jungkook from my side of the bed, hopping slightly to get into my tights. The idiot boy chuckles, pulling his shirt on and before threading his belt through the loops of his jeans. I slide on a pair of jean shorts before turning to openly glower at him.

“My bed next time?” He has the nerve to ask. I hiss at him as I grasp my mass of tangled hand and shove it into the hood of my jacket before zipping it up all the way to my throat. For some reason, Jungkook decided that he would wake me up this morning at seven. A good five hours before I was actually planning to wake up. And when I asked him why the hell he wanted me to function this early he threatened to steal one of my bras and string them on the flag pole outside the school.

I harbored absolutely no doubt that he would do exactly that if I didn't get up.

“I hate you,” I snarled, grabbing my phone from the mess of blankets and sticking it into my pocket, “The sun isn't even up yet.” I point out, scowling. My frown only lights his face with glee as he skirts around the bed towards me. At first, he's getting so close I think he's going to kiss me and hopefully this whole “six-am” thing would end with us curling up under the covers again. But all the bastard does is land a quick kiss of my temple before brushing past me and through my bathroom door.

“Seriously?” I bark, trailing after Jungkook so I can warn him off my toothbrush. He laughs, obviously amused at my agony and runs a hair through his dark magically perfect disheveled hair. I follow his gaze and glance in the mirror and realize that my hair resembled a beaver dam a promptly distracted myself, “Damn, my hair looks like .” I search my bathroom's slightly messy counter top for a comb. He chuckles, a smirk sneaking onto his mouth.

Jungkook hands me my familiar ivory black comb before leaning down to check under the sink, “Do you have an extra toothbrush?” He asks, fishing around the contents of the cabinet. I roll my eyes.

“Yeah, one sec,” I drop the comb and walk over to the tall cabinet next to the shower where I stored my towels. Jungkook hovers behind me, as I reach inside and look around. I distinctly remember a couple dozen packs from Costco in the spirit of a sale, but I had no idea where they went. Leaning down, I check behind my massive basket of tampons. “Baby, hold this.” I offer the basket up to Jungkook, who takes it without really knowing what it is.

I've just found an open industrialized size package of toothbrushes when I hear Jungkook's, “So, is there a reason that you have enough tampons to swim in?” He asks, amusement evident in his voice.

“When the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm going to sell them for fifty bucks a pop,” I reveal casually, “There's not a lot of things a girl on her period wouldn't do for a tampon.” Jungkook shakes his head as I take the basket from him.

“You're a weird one,” he takes the heavily packaged set of new toothbrushes.

“Here,” I motion towards the package, “Good luck getting an actual toothbrush out. I always end up cutting myself.” I return to the counter and pick up my comb.

He actually manages to pull out a navy blue toothbrush with the usual ease and grace he does everything, which pisses me off. “You still haven't told me, why you thought it would be appropriate to wake me up at the crack of dawn.” I remind the shifter beside me, who looks ridiculously good doing something as human thing as brushing his teeth.

Leaning over the sink to spit, he rinses out his mouth then tosses the toothbrush into a coffee mug that holds mine, “You make it sound so romantic, love.” He turns to lean against the counter and watch me struggle to pull the comb through my tangled messy hair.

“Yeah?” I ask, dragging the comb with some difficulty through a particularly big knot and wincing at the sharp pain that echoes from my scalp. Jungkook takes the comb from me, ignoring my sound of protest and gently spins me around so he can run it skillful through my hair. Bouncing the comb patient to pull it through tangled areas, significantly better than how I brush my hair. My wolf purrs, liking his gentle actions.

“Yeah, and I'd tell you but that'd ruin the surprise.” He snickers.

I almost whirl around and smack him, “I despise surprises.” My voice is vapid and harsh. His eyes widen in surprise at my utter disgust.

“And why?” He asks, taking another lock of my hair and running the comb through it.

“I hate not knowing,” I wrinkle my nose resist the urge to hiss at him. In the mirror, I see his lips tip up into a smile as he sets the comb back down on the counter top, done. “Thanks.” I grumble and snatch my hair up into a low ponytail and shoving it into my hood.

Jungkook grins, resting his hand on the small of my back to lead me out of the room, “Come on.” He grabs his phone off the bedside table and shoves it into his pocket. And right when I think he's going to lead me out the door, he veers off the right and proceeds to start making my bed.

“Cute,” I raise an eyebrow. Jungkook grins up at me, grabbing handfuls of the blankets, he spreads snaps his wrist and the comforter floats down perfectly. “What are you doing?”

“Making the bed, love,” he said patiently, fluffing the pillows. I pretend to throw my phone at him.

“I know that , why?” I roll my eyes.

“Dad's always taught me; if I sleep in the bed, I make the bed,” I bite down on my tongue to keep from asking him just how many different beds he's slept in. Jungkook smiles as if he can hear my silent question, “Charming right?” He straightens up.

I snort, and as I walk past him I smack his back dangerously close to his . “I thought you had a surprise for me.” I prompted, unlocking and opening the door to my room. I glance behind my shoulder and see Jungkook's open mouth.

“Did you just slap my ? Again?” He practically yells, I'm sure that everyone in the house hears him. My eyes widen, slamming the door shut as I hear Jaron wake up immediately in his room down the hall. “Holy , you- you vixen!” Jungkook announces loudly, a wicked smirk replacing his initial surprise.

“Shut up, oh god, I so did not touch anything,” I growl, terrified as I hear Jaron throw himself off his bed. My heartbeat speeds up in utter mortification. Any minute now I'm sure he's going to come investigate. “-important.” I conclude and herd him over to the window. He complains, resisting for a second, he mock-innocent smile gracing his face.

“Aaemi, I don't think that I'm just ready yet to take that next step,” he simpers. I snap my teeth at him and jerk the window open. Freezing air blasts into my room but I ignore the chill and pull closer.

Swearing fervently in Mandarin, I lock eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter