SMOTE

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to: SprintingForward, Shinspirit1326, BangtanTrash_97 & ZeldaNarutoLovaer11

Thank you guys so much for the upvote~ 

also to Labyrinth- regarding your comment: I really do need to thank every single reader, subscriber, commenter and upvoter because you guys are such amazing people. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my story. Thanksgiving was two days ago but I'm so thankful for you guys~

My love for every single one of you goes beyond the stars━━━★

T W E N T Y - S E V E N

S M O T E: to strike or hit hard, with or as with the hand, a stick, or other weapon. Past tense of smite. (See: Aaemi’s reaction)

 

The decision was unanimous. Nicole’s fighters stood silently, still in their wolf forms, milled around Jaron’s protectively. Their tails lashed, chests puffed in a display arrogant pride. There was no need for a vote, no majority rules, and certainly no vetoes.

The meeting adjoined quickly after her pack’s appearance and I waited patiently until all of my pack had taken off. It was just Mark, Jungkook, Nicole, her pack, and me on the field. Clenching my fists, I strode up to Nicole and hit her across the face so hard she rocked back on her heels and instinctively lowered her center of gravity to avoid falling off the car. My knuckles stung, but the pain was a triumph.

I hadn’t been this angry in a long time.

“Nicole, I swear to god,” I hissed, shoving my hands inside my pockets to keep from hitting her again. My wolf snarled angrily, snapping her teeth and tugging at my self-control. “If you ever pull like that again, I will punt you off the face of the earth,”

Nicole’s entire pack rushed forward, but one look from her sent them back. In the corner of my eyes, I could see Mark’s face, an utter storm of confusion. His wolf was torn between his mate and his alpha and for a moment I was almost sorry for hitting Nicole.

And then I took one look at the twenty something wolves and anger flushed me again.

I feel Jungkook’s warm hand on my arm, sending a comforting warmth that did little to tame my temper.

No one said anything for a moment, Nicole just looked at me with an unreadable expression and I couldn’t bear to look at Mark.

“Dammn,” Blake (or Baekhyun), Nicole’s beta, and the only person who looked like he was enjoying this situation, “I’ve got to say, you’ve got quite a punch love, what was your name again?” I turned my critical gaze on him. The last time I’d seen the young man was back in Vegas in the night club and I he was working behind the bar. I’d also slammed him into the marble bar. I’d known he was good looking, but in proper light holy he was good looking.

In Vegas, because of the lighting, I’d thought he had dark hair but in the sun of midday I notice his hair was blue.

Blue. A dark, inky blue.

Jungkook growled behind me and I snapped out of whatever daze I’d found myself, “Shut up, shouldn’t you be making me a drink or something?” Blake smiled as if I’d said something funny but didn’t say anything, “And you-” I turned to Nicole again, “-explain your actions. Now.”

Nicole sighed, “I just had to make sure-?”

“Make sure of what?” I interrupted, slightly irked she actually had an explanation. I didn’t want to hear her excuse, I just wanted to yell at her. “My pack is in no position to refuse help from anyone. Anyone.” I jumped onto the hood of Mark’s smoky purple color and kicked the small silver piece mounted on the hood. I’d feel bad about that later.

I whipped around to glare at the tree line. I heard Jungkook drop off Jaron’s car and move to lean against Mark’s car

“I know. I apologize. It’s just that-” Nicole starts again.

“Your actions were utter disrespectful and superficial. You know we can’t afford and you dare force us-?”

“I didn’t force you or your pack to do anything,” Nicole’s voice was sharp and I turned to face her in time to see her eyes flash. My temper spiked and all I wanted to do was launch myself of the car and knock her out.

“Not in so many words but you put us in a situation where refusing isn’t even an option.” I snarled. My eyes were glowing, I could tell.

“Weren’t you the one the said you can’t afford to-”

“Shut up,” I spoke, biting down every word, “Don’t twist my words. True, we’re the desperate ones in this situation but don’t think for one second that I won't drop your on the curb if you so much as look at my pack with any lapse of respect.”

Turning to Nicole’s pack, mustering to settle my composure as I directed my words in their directions. They hadn’t done anything wrong, it wasn’t their fault their alpha was acting like a-

“You are welcome to the lodging on their property, we have several spare rooms if you don’t mind sharing,” And then to keep myself from slamming my fist into to something else, I dropped off the car and stormed to my car.

★ ★ ★

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter