STORM

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to: DaraZara & _pikwangchu_ for their kind upvote~

And for my lovely readers~My love for every single one of you guys goes beyond the stars━━━★

T W E N T Y - O N E

T H E - C A L M - B E F O R E - T H E - S T O R M: a quiet or peaceful period before a period of war (see: the return of Nicole Storm)

For the next week, well, things were good. Better than good, really.

I met Jungkook's family, and I instantly clicked with his year old sister Jade as well as his older brother Nathaniel, or Nate as he liked to be called, who immediately decided I was the perfect match for Jungkook after he watched my flip his younger brother over my shoulder. I'd like to say that I got along with his father, but Jungkook's dad was only in the room long enough to introduce himself before rushing out of the room.

“He's been into internet dating, recently, “ Jungkook had whispered to me as he grabbed a falling lamp out of the air to keep Jade from breaking it, “He's determined to find someone.” Which is currently what we were doing, flipping through his father's online dating profile that Nathaniel had found after hours of looking through various websites. I honestly wondered if what the Lee brothers did in their free time was healthy or not.

We sat in the massive living room of his house, in front of Jungkook's open laptop staring at a picture of his father from ten years ago.

“You know,” I turned back to look up at Jungkook. I sat cross-legged on the floor, my propped against the couch that Jungkook sat on, holding Jade. His younger sister was honestly the cutest little Asian baby ever. Chubby cheeks, shining eyes and an infectious giggle that made everyone smile. Not only that, but the child could barely keep still, constantly crawling or staggering around, making it one of the brother's constant responsibility to keep tabs on her.

“Your father is pretty good looking.” It was true; his father, Jack, was older but had a quality to his face that made it obvious he was prettier when he was younger. Of course, he was probably still pretty, just not in a way that my eighteen year-old-self classified as attractive.

Jungkook wrinkles his nose as he juggles a frigidity, giggling Jade in his arms, “That's disgusting Aaemi.” He catches his little sister around the waist and returns her to his lap, whereupon she grabs his necklace pendant and stuffs it in .

I shrug, moving the cursor to click on his profile picture. An entire essay appears on the screen of Jack's careful answered to the websites compatibility questions. “I've been wondering,” I lean back a little so I can rest slightly on Jungkook's knee, “Who Jade's mother is?”

The whole 'dating' thing was a whole lot easier now. After getting over the initial hesitation, I found myself naturally matching my pace to Jungkook. Or maybe he matched his pace to mine, either way, we didn't fight as much as we used to and my sense of impending doom towards our relationship was quickly fading. I liked being around the shifter just as much as my wolf liked it.

Granted we hadn't done much besides arguing, hold hands and snuggle(which was lukewarm water compared to all the kissing that was going on before our relationship status), but the slowness of our relationship wasn't frustrating. I appreciated it, and his patience. I didn't really know what Jungkook was thinking, but it was nice to know he respected my boundaries.

“Jade's adopted,” I whip around, eyes wide.

“Really?” I ask.

Jungkook nods, trying to keep his energetic little sister from falling off the couch again.

“A!” Jade squealed, reaching her cute tiny hands out towards me as she struggles against Jungkook, “Mi!” She couldn't say my name together, but unbelievably cute anyways. Jungkook lets go of his sister and she promptly falls into my lap. I gather her up in my arms and snuggle my nose into her hair. I hate kids, but something about Jungkook's little sister was just so freaking cute.

“Yeah, one of his old friends and his mate were murdered. Jade was left under the care of the mate's mother, but she was old and couldn't take care of their daughter. So she asked around and somehow found my father. Dad couldn't say no.” Jungkook explained, I watched him lay out on his side on the couch, reaching for my hair to tangle his fingers in it.

Jade fisted one of her hands around my index finger and immediately calmed down, happy to be free of her brother, “She likes me better than she likes you.” I announced.

Jungkook's grin falls, “Does not.”

“Does too,” I say, wincing a little as Jade bites down on my finger. I pry my hand away from then reach to drag the open laptop closer to the edge of the coffee table. We both fall silent as we start reading through his father's profile.

“Okay, my dad has never touched a golf club in his life, what's this bull about him being a professional golfer?” Jungkook squints at the screen, “And this thing about fifty voluntary community service every week? As if, Dad doesn't even buy girl scout cookies.”

“Does he really speak Spanish?” I widen my eyes but my voice becomes skeptical as I continue to read, “And Italian? And French? Never mind, he answered his own question.”

Jungkook laughs and Jade shrieks in response. Jostling her in my lap absently, I scroll down on the page, “Oh my god, your dad has almost five thousand hits.” I click on the link that pulls up all the profiles of women who liked his page. I moved down the page as names and pictures load.

“And they're all middle aged crazy cat women,” Jungkook grins as he finds a picture of a rather pretty redhead wearing a massive sweater with the face of a tabby cat printed on it. She poses for the camera with her three cats and, at least, half a dozen kittens.

“What's wrong with cats?” I ask and  turn around to face Jungkook's gorgeous face, “I like cats. They listen to you.” Hair falls over one of his eyes as he reaches out tucks some loose pieces of my ponytail behind my head. His dark eyes smile at me, not matching the wicked smirk on his lips.

“It's all about obedience with you, isn't it?”

I scoff and detach my hand from Jade's to smack him, “Baby, would you shut up? I'm hardwired to like things that listen to me, can we get back to the fact that your father is claiming to the current prince of a small island off England?”

Calling him 'baby' was an accident at first, but he reacted to negatively to it; calling it an 'endearment' that the name kind of just stuck. I was happy with it, way better than sweetie or honey and after awhile Jungkook didn't seem to mind it either.

Jungkook bursts out in laughter, “Seriously?” He props himself on his elbow and examines the profile more closely. I get up with the squirming Jade, who seems fed up with my attention and rearing to be let go. Holding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter