J PoV pt.3

cynical romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dedicated to: LitaOktaviany, lady-in-red, HyukjaeLover, wist-ful, WolfAvatar, Ohatsu, dibyooongs, 10strawberri, AnnaAtha, Sakura_99 & nynahong for their kindness in choosing to upvote

 and a HUGE thank you to LizardKing my newest editor~ Damn girl, I seriously appreciate everything you did for just that one chapter-- Thank you, love

And AS ALWAYS to all of my lovely readers who got my story up to 14K views- I love you guys

V I G I L A N T (their first date)

I smiled Taylor, the last Blake to leave the room, before turning my gaze back toward the fuming Aaemi sitting in front of me. She was so adorably angry; arms crossed in a way that made her look even smaller, wrinkled nose and deep scowl. She glared at the door that her cousins had exited out of while furiously trying to disentangle our legs from underneath the table.

Aaemi was a strong wolf shifter, but I gritted my teeth slightly and kept my grip on her firm. No way in hell was I letting go.

Finally, Aaemi turned to me, "Let go of my legs," she ordered, her voice as dry as the Sahara desert. My mouth quirked into a smirk that I knew she pretended to hate and she began trashing her feet. Out of her view, I gripped my chair tightly so she couldn't see how my thigh strength this was taking me and kept my face blank of any emotion but amusement.

"Nah, I like this," is all I say. I seemed to be achieving the look I was going for because her frown deepened.

"Let go," this time, when she repeats her order, her Current flares up around her and I can tell Aaemi's the kind of person to get her way. Unfortunately, the feel of her normally intimidating Alpha Current doesn't have the effect on me that she's hoping and I'm glad that the table we're sitting at hides everything under my torso.

I smile at her, a private smile even though we're the only ones in the room, and lean forward in my chair so that I can place my elbows on the table.

"You know, your Alpha Current doesn't affect me," I say, seeking out her eyes and I watch as her brows furrow in confusion. "Well, at least not in the way you want it to. It feels kind of nice." I say, tilting my head.

“Uh-” She says, sounding speechless.

“But let’s talk about what Jaron wants to us to talk about,” I say, saving her from having to respond. I pull the sleeve of my shirt up to my elbow to show of the marks that mirror her own, “You’re my mate.” I bite down on my tongue to keep the accusation out of my sentence.

Her eyes trace up the inky black swirls up my arm in a way that had me swallowing.

“I know,” she says quietly.

“How long have known?”

“Not long,”

I’d known since the second she ran into me in the hallway, I couldn’t say anything for Aaemi but I had a feeling she’d known since the moment we’d met. She’d just never brought it up, or maybe she’d tried to back when she wanted to talk to me right after running into me. Her packmates had got in the way and she never said anything about it. But then again, we’d known each other for all of, what, three days?

I blinked, realizing I was staring at her.

“So, where do we go from here?” I ask, wanting to fill the silence, “How do you want to do this?” Aaemi’s gaze immediately dropped to her hands and my eyes followed her, watching as her slim fingers began to fold shapes out of the napkin. Her fingers shook slightly and she dropped the tissue like it was on fire.

“Jungkook, my pack-”

“So would you prefer a tropical or city honeymoon?” I said, unable to watch her struggle with my question anymore. The second the words are out of my I want to smack myself for saying something so lame but the look on her face makes me glad that I did.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter