Thirty

ACE.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“MINHO’S POV”

 

Soccer. It is my life. I have trained myself for so long just to achieve what I achieved right now. I got drafted and now, I am on a training camp. I feel bad for leaving my sister and my girlfriend behind but this is my dream and I am very thankful they are so supportive of me. I know, this is the first time you will hear my thoughts so listen and don’t miss every single word.

 

We were a normal family. I have a cute little sister which I adored instantly when she was born. She got this round brown eyes that I love so much. But I can never see our resemblance that’s why people mistake us as a couple these days. So anyway, when I was a teen, I never seen that the love of my parents are slowly fading. They never showed us. All I thought was everything was going so well. Until it was not anymore. But I can see it in my father’s eyes, he never looked at my mom like before. I always notice how he looked at him and just smiles when she talks. I always say to myself ‘Ah, this must be how love works’

 

I met Onew when we were kids. I think I was still in elementary at that time. Yeah, I always see him around. Maybe you wonder how we even became best friends. Well, all I can say is I always hated him. He was such a big jerk. We always end up glaring each other when we see each other and we never spoke our thoughts but I know he feels the same for me. When mom and dad decided to get divorced, I always end up in fights. My classmates teased me telling me stuffs I don’t even want to hear about my family. Even teacher gossip around and it was so sick. The place was so disgusting to even breathe. Our parents got divorced when I was in my last year of elementary. My mom took care of us before deciding to work at another county. She stayed until I was 18 or 19. Enough to take care of my sister.

 

So the fight I was talking about happened 2 months before my elementary graduation. My mom just dropped me off and as I was walking, I heard this kid saying my mom might probably cheating cause his mom saw my mom at a café with another man. But I know, it wasn’t true because that was her lawyer for the divorce. I looked at that kid but didn’t do anything. I have been holding myself back. Good thing my sister didn’t come to school today because she was sick for two days now. She got the cold and fever. I always think about her when I hear these kinds of things. But I know she is strong, she can just punch them in the face. I just need to keep walking and ignore these s when someone just punched this kid until he was crying on the floor. I looked at him and he was mad, it was Onew. He punched the kid and the story goes on. In the end, we both were bruised in the face and was called at the principal’s office. We were sitting in front of her as she keeps on nagging at how fighting does nothing good

 

“Mrs. Principal, this is lame” Onew said and I looked at him. Don’t talk to her like that or we will be dead

“What is that you said?Keep your Gameboy in your pocket!”

“I mean, you keep on telling us what we did was wrong but even your own teachers are so into gossips that it is not a good example to us kids anymore.” How old is this kid?

“I don’t need your smart mouth now Mr. Lee”

“Mr. Choi, I know you are dealing with a lot right now—“

“You know principal, my friend is right. You should teach your own staffs to gossip less about other’s family especially their students. This place is sick”

“Yeah, this place . Imma just going to transfer to another school next school year”

“YOU TWO! ONE WEEK SUSPENSION! NOW GET OUT”

 

When we got out, we stared at each other and laughed out loud. Suspension was such a funny punishment. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter