A summer day

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The strenuous summer continue for Seungcheol. He didn’t have a choice anyways since his dad goes off to work in the morning and goes home late at night. Getting adapted to Seoul wasn’t easy, and it won’t be easy. Seungcheol hasn’t finished unpacking himself and yet he has to fix the shower and clean up all the leaves on the rooftop that has been left there since last fall. The boy managed to climb up on his rooftop on a ladder then look down on his balcony in agony.

 

“Aw man.” He sighed and realized that he left his flipflops on the balcony and had to walk around the dirtiest rooftop he has seen in his life.

 

“Choi Seungcheol.” He turned his head to a girl that looked at him confused,”What are you doing up there?” Areum stood from her balcony and stared at the depressing boy.

 

“Trying to clean this ocean of leaves up here. Hey can you do me a favor?” He replied.

 

“What is it?” Areum hopped over to his balcony.

 

“I need my flipflops, they’re right under the ladder, it’s disgusting up here.” He looked at her desperately.

 

“I got you.” She picked up the pair of footwear and climbed up the ladder like a dude,”Can I help? I’m like super bored at home.” She handed him the flipflops.

 

“Sure, that’ll be great actually.” He slip on the flipflops and Areum climbed up on the rooftop.

The pair worked hard under the hot summer sunlight, brake then shoving leaves into a big trash bag. It wasn’t easy but a couple jokes made it a little fun.

 

“Seungcheolie.” His mom made her way to the balcony with a smoothie in her hand and Areum greeted her from the rooftop,”Gasp. Our Areumie  has been helping the entire time, here honey have this smoothie, I will make one for Seungcheol now, he can wait.” The middle aged lady handed the smoothie to the girl who’s half way down the ladder to receive it.

 

“Wow my mom loves you.” Seungcheol stared at the smoothie, refused to believe that his mom made him wait for his smoothie.

 

“After all, I am a lovable girl.” She said, sipping on her smoothie.

 

“Heosae(*)” He ruffles her hair. (*It means “Bluffing”)

 

“Let’s go grab some icecream after this.” She laughed and continue the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter