Best friends

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The teams from different class started to rehearse their dance after signing up for songs. Jihoon went ballistic over a festival, his school spirits soared through the roof. He  made the rest of the kids cover up the classroom's windows while they're rehearsing.

 

"Can I be in the middle as Yeri for Ice cream cake chorus?" Young ki asked.

 

Young Ki is rather a chubby girl, about 5'1. She isn't really sociable and consider everyone in her class a except for the top ranking girls in class. Hong Sera is opposite, an attention seeking social butterfly that is stick skinny and a whole foot taller than Youngki.

 

"Uh yeah sure." Aeyoung said and shrugged.

 

“I call Joy since we are both model like and tall” Sera said and flipped her hair.

 

“Oh...okay” Aeyoung said and wanted to roll her eyes.

 

We soon divided all the parts in the dance rooms and all the guys went in. Joshua ran over to Aeyoung and bought each snack from the snack machine.

 

“You didn’t eat lunch so here you go” Joshua said.

 

“How sweet of you but you didn’t have to do that” Aeyoung grinned and drank the banana drink he bought for her.

 

“BOOOOORAAA BABE” Hansol came running to Bora and Youngki glared and ran over to Hansol.

 

“Oppa did you come to see me?” Youngki nudged Hansol.

 

“Uhhh I came to use this room to practice but since you girls are using it I’ll just wait.” Hansol sneered and walked away and Youngki followed.

 

Bora just huffed and got ready to practice.

 

“1-2-3-4 hey Youngki Sera did you guys not watch the dance video at all these are pretty easy to follow” Bora said annoyed.

 

“What are you talking about all of your moves are literally so weak  can’t you be any bolder?” Sera said and scoffed.

 

“We’re following what red velvet actually is doing this is a dance cover duh” Areum said with a glum expression.

 

The second time we practiced Hansol was cheering on Bora and Youngki purposely pounces on Bora making Bora pounce back it was frustrating because these two girls kept trying to outshine and it got in the way of making this a good performance.

 

After a while of practicing trying to get the choreography right and the pitch right, the girls were drained. Hansol ran to Bora with 5 different drinks in his hands and a cute designed tissues to wipe off her sweats. Areum got goosebumps at Hansol's actions and decided to rewatch the music video. Areum glanced over to whatever is happening with Hansol and Bora, Youngki is pulling Hansol forcefully to her and Bora rolled her eyes.Joshua is some what having a conversation with Aeyoung and you can tell Joshua is a gentlemen. Just then someone comes up to Areum and it’s Seungcheol.

 

“If Jihoon sees this mess you guys will be blamed when we lose in the festival” Seungcheol said.

 

“Hey we have a separate dance routine just for us and they’re ruining it I literally can’t take them anymore and it’s the first day. But we will slay the second one without these snobby rats." Areum ranted.

 

"Chill, here's some bubble tea." Seungcheol handed her the cup and she took a sip.

 

“ Look at how both of them are treated like princesses and I only get one bubble tea” Areum replied grumpy.

 

“Just kidding you know my favorite flavor so you didn’t have to buy me different kinds of bubble tea” Areum said and sipped on her bubble tea some more.

 

Practice finally ended and everyone drag themselves home to study for the science test tomorrow. Areum's ankle haven't completely healed yet and it gave up on her after dancing. She sighed and sat on the bench alongside the school gate, she'll have to wait until the pain goes away before she can walk home, Seungcheol left a bit earlier since his mom needed some help at home.

 

"What are you still doing here?" Mingyu stopped, hands in his pocket and asked.

 

"Gotta wait until my ankle doesn't hurt as much so I can walk home." Areum replied, her heart is beating out of her chest.

 

"How do you usually walk home then?" He added another question.

 

"Seungcheol." She shrugged.

 

"Here I'll take you home, I'm not doing anything anyways, get on my back, Mingyu takes off his backpack and hand it to Areum and kneel down low enough for the short girl to climb on his back.

 

 

Areum's cheeks was gonna explode but thank god he couldn't see it.

 

"Just do fundraising stuff if you can't dance woman." He scolded.

 

"Nah, you know I've always been part of the performance team every year." She shook her head.

 

The two walked to the corner of a block, about 3 blocks away from Areum's house. A familiar figure with grey hoodie walked towards them. Seungcheol.

 

"Hey kid, was about to head to school and pick you up." Seungcheol said and ruffled Areum’s hair as they stop to meet each other.

 

"Mingyu you can let me down, Seungcheol can take me home from here. " Areum said and the tall kid let her down,"I'm probably heavy, thank you a lot though" She smiled at him.

 

"Nah it's nothing." Mingyu scratches the back of his neck and grinned.

 

Automatically, Seungcheol took off Areum's backpack a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter