Finally

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday. It’s here. Areum sighed and sat up, she peeked through the curtain behind her balcony door, grey skies. Not a ray of sunshine. Sighed, she picked up her phone and clicked the weather forecasts, whelp, gonna be a rainy and cold day. Areum made her ways down the stairs, and to the fridge. She has no idea of what to make for breakfast. Her parents are gone, on their all night shifts. Today is the last day of the break and she has no idea on how she’s gonna spend it.

 

“Guess this gotta do.” She mumbled and pull the hot chocolate packet out of the drawer and pour it in the mud.

 

She brought the cup back upstairs and to the balcony, it’s chilly but she’d still like some fresh air. Sipping on the hot chocolate drink she made, her mind wandered off somewhere, she started thinking about the things Mingyu told her days ago at Jeonghan’s house, and whether she has the guts to push past it. Areum jumped at the sound of the opening door from the house besides her, a sleepy black haired boy walk out in his usual sweats and smiled at her.

 

“You’re up early.” Seungcheol smiled and hopped over to her side of the balcony.

 

“Just you know, it’s the last sunday before school starts again, and tomorrow we’ll know which college we’ll be attend.” Areum sighed again and stared off into the dimmed sky.

 

“Stop talking about college.” Seungcheol said softly with his morning voice and proceed to squeeze her from behind in his manly arms.

 

“I know, I should stop but,” She hesitated,”What if we won’t be going to the same university.”

 

“So? I’d still drive over to see you.” He replied as if it’s something that can’t be avoid.

 

“But.” She sighed again, maybe it’s just her, she’s making this whole thing complicated, he was right, they can still be together regardless.

 

She puts down the mud and shivers, she’s been thinking way too much about college, mostly because she’s worry as hell that she won’t get in the school she wanted to. Seungcheol rested his chin on top of her head, closed his eyes and wait for the next words to come out of .

 

“I guess you’re right, there’s no reason for me to be worried even if we don’t end up in the same school.” She turned around facing him and he finally smiled and ruffled her hair.

 

“Don’t think too much about it.” He said.

 

 

Areum nodded and Seungcheol leaned in for a kiss, he didn’t hesitate at all, she didn’t either, somehow it felt natural, like they’ve been doing this for decades.

 

“Aeyoung, look.” Bora whispered and peeked through the curtains.

 

“They’re literally so cute.” Aeyoung whispered back and both took out a phone to snap the glorious moment.

 

The girls fell back into their blankets and giggled as they proceed to send the images to both Seungcheol and Areum.

 

“OMG Seungcheol they’re awake.” Areum shrieked as she pulled her phone out to see the darned picture taken by the twins.

 

“Whatever, let them see us.” He pulled into his arms and Areum flustered a bit.

 

She nodded and agreed that she shouldn’t be all scared of what’s going on anymore. She likes him, and there is no reason why she should hide it from anyone, if anything, she’s hurting herself and Seungcheol, not anyone else.

 

“Do you wanna go somewhere today?” Seungcheol said with a sleepy tone.

 

“It’s gonna rain later, you wanna go somewhere?” Areum replied.

 

“Nah, if you go then I will, otherwise, nah.” He shrugged.

 

“Eh, kinda wanna stay home and snuggle in my blankets instead then do homework later.” She smiled.

 

“Oh,” Seungcheol chuckled.

 

“What?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter