The Yes

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum’s Point of View:

 

I contemplated myself as I threw some necessities into my luggage and deciding on what clothes to pack for the annual vacation trip that’s happening in two days. Without Aeyoung and Jisoo, the four of us will head to a resort instead.

 

“Hello?” I snatched my vibrating cellphone on the kitchen counter with Bora’s name on the screen.

 

“Areum, can I drive over to sleep at your house tonight?” Bora asked me with a somewhat trembling voice.

 

“Why? What’s up? Where’s Hansol?” I flooded her with questions.

 

“He..he isn’t home right now..I’m on my way to your house…” She replied to me and hung up.

 

About 10 minutes later, the doorbell of our little townhouse rang and I made my ways to the gate. Bora stood in front of me and her whole body was shaking and she completely leaned on me.

 

“Babe, who is it?” Seungcheol appeared behind me, “Bora! What’s up? Why are you here at this hours?”

 

“I...need help..” Bora told us, her eyes pleaded and pleaded.

 

We brought Bora in and sat her down on the couch, her face painted white, she seemed somehow scared but also embarrassed. She gripped onto her purse and released the tension from her fingers.

 

“What’s going on? What’s wrong?” I placed my hands on her shoulder and gently shook the girl.

 

Bora hesitantly opened her purse, “Here.” She handed me a pregnancy test with a positive results.

 

“Oh my god, is it Hansol’s?” Seungcheol blinked about 20 hundred times.

 

“I have to marry him...But my sister just got married, me being pregnant will do nothing but giving me the wrath of my mother..” She pressed her temples with her index finger.

 

“Dear lord, does Hansol knows about this?” Seungcheol rubbed his eyes.

 

“No..I just found out about it..” She lowered her voice, “What am I gonna do?”

 

“Well, first thing first, the trip...you shouldn’t go, it’s nowhere for a pregnant woman. And if you love the child, which I assume that you do, then you should keep it.” I said gently, hoping that she’ll keep the life inside of her.

 

“I’m going to talk to Hansol for you, it’s gonna be fine.” Seungcheol reassured her and left somewhere with his phone as I try my best to comfort her.

 

About half an hour later, Hansol dropped by our house to pick Bora up. I sighed and hoping that she’d be alright, and he would be to. Seungcheol wrapped his arms around my shoulder and I sighed for their sake.

 

“So many things happened lately, early and quick.” I turned to him.

 

“I know, but maybe it’s happening because it will be better for all of us.” He kissed my forehead and I smiled, “But it’s alright going on a trip all by ourselves for once right?”

 

“Of course!” I smiled, definitely because I don’t mind spending time with Seungcheol for the rest of my life.

 

We headed back to pack our things, maybe we’ll plan on a longer trip this time. It’s funny how the first summer we ever spend together, we spent it at home. I shoved the last pair of pj’s into the luggage and dragged it out to the car.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

5 hours of driving early in the morning, I was knocked out from packing all night after Bora left. I let Seungcheol slept because he was going to drive. I remember my 5 hour dream vividly. Something like Seungcheol and I breaking up. I shook the dream off and stretch as we parked behind the hotel. Seungcheol insisted that I head into the room to “rest”, it was somewhat shady because he refused to get off the phone. I don’t know what exactly they were talking about, his replies were vague. I thought he was speaking to a girl, I freaked out more as I remember what I dreamed about. I shook it off and left to the hotel anyways. I need some more sleep.

    “Babe.” I heard Seungcheol’s voice as he shook me gently.

 

    I opened my eyes and turned to him, he looked like he just woke up, “We passed out for 3 hours.” He informed me.

 

    “I’m hungry.” I said, “Who were you talking to on the phone? Another girl?”

 

    He laughed, “So you figured it out.” He said and my eyes widened, “Just kidding, it was Hansol.”

 

    I sighed, “Am I supposed to trust you on that?” I rolled my eyes.

 

    “You can check my recent calls. Let’s call room service, I’m hungry too.” He said and I picked up the phone.

 

    We ordered a course of meal and quickly fill ourselves up with the amazing food they have here at the hotel we’re staying in. After we eat, I put on a comfortable sweater and pull Seungcheol out of our room for a walk around the chilly nice weather.

 

    “We haven’t spend time alone for so long, we’re always at home and do our own thing.” Seungcheol swings my hand back and forth.

 

    “I know right, we’re always next to each other every night but we’re on our laptops and not saying a word.”

 

    “We’re gonna go on a mountain tomorrow, probably gonna take all day, we’ll probably gonna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter