Laxatives

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    As everyone gather to the awards ceremony and take a seat in front of the stage, Aeyoung and Bora walked down the red carpet that the school laid out just for the performers, boys from other schools started whistling and endless compliments about their performance, the girls decided to wear strapless bodycon dresses and a pair of high heels for a vintage look.

 

    “Where’s the other girl in the bangs can I get all your guy’s number?” A guy from another school asked.

 

“Sorry our parents only let us use our phones for emergencies so no time to talk much” Aeyoung replied and gave him a half smile.

 

“Do you all want to be thrown into the Han river or killed in your sleep by a goat you decide.” Hansol glared and slightly pushed the guy away before pulling himself next to Bora.

 

“Hey who’s your do you even have one?” Hansol asked Bora.

 

“It’s Chan he agreed to be my .” Bora said and glared at Hansol.

 

“Why him?? HEY AREN’T WE BASICALLY A COUPLE HOW COULD YOU DO THIS??” Hansol sounded a little hurt.

 

“Yeah ok sure then you would also allow Youngki to follow you places and I see all the gifts she left on your desk don’t act like you don’t have a thing with her!!!” Bora replied and stormed away.

 

“NOOO IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS I ONLY HAVE MY EYES FOR YOU” Hansol said and followed her off.

 

“H-hey Aeyoung I’m sorry about my friends last time I just want to know you more one on one why don’t we go somewhere fun on friday night once the exam scores are out?” Jisoo asked shyly.

 

“Yeah you’re so stiff with me!! I feel bad we’ll definitely get closer” Aeyoung said and patted his shoulder.

 

“Alright I should get going” Jisoo said and ruffled his hair.

 

“ Wait-- I don’t have an and you’re one of the decent guys so can you be mine” Aeyoung asked and grinned.

 

“Uh-- course I would be honored” Joshua said and Aeyoung clinged her arm with his arm.

 

    Seungcheol leaned outside the girl’s waiting room as it’s taking forever for Areum to get ready. He checked his watch every 5 seconds as he take off his blazer and hang it on his shoulder. He agitatedly knock on the door of the waiting room while yawning.

 

    “Come in!” A voice inside echoed out and he pushed the door in.

 

    “Are you done?” He asked with a disinterested voice.

 

    “Yeah, I am now. Just go first, Jeonghan is picking me up in a few minutes” Areum curled the last strand of her hair and sprayed it with hairspray then stated.

 

    “Jeonghan?” Seungcheol questioned the girl with her back facing him.

 

    “He supposed to be my for the night I think.” She hesitated.

 

    “Oh.” Some sort of unwillingness and mixed emotions arose within Seungcheol,”He isn’t around, I think he’s escorting someone else though?” Seungcheol said, as he secretly texted Jeonghan to go with the rest of the boys instead.

 

    “Oh. really? The rest of the girls are escorted out I think.” She didn’t think much and replied to him.

 

    “I’ll you out to your seat for now.” Seungcheol stated and Areum turned around with full makeup...more dramatic and chaotic in a way, but some how it makes Seungcheol’s stomach tingled.

 

    They headed out as soon as Areum is finally completely ready. The boys who weren’t performing and the ones came from other school stood alongside the field in front of the stage. Seungcheol carefully get everyone out of the way was he forced Areum to wear his blazer.

 

    “Oh my cousin and his friend is here!” Areum stopped as she spotted Bobby and Donghyuk on the line.

 

    “Wow my baby cousin is practically a star huh?” He said and fist bump the girl.

 

    “Hi Donghyuk I haven’t seen you in awhile!” She gave him a tight hug since they have been friends for quite a long time.

 

    “Let’s hurry and go to our seat Areum.” Seungcheol said lowkey with annoyance as he smiled and nodded at Bobby signalling a hi but wasn’t at all satisfied with how Donghyuk’s hand was right on her when they hugged.

 

         Just to add more oil into the fire Mingyu caught the whole thing from far away and he hated the fact Seungcheol had the nerve to even asked Areum to be her . Mingyu wasn’t worried about Jeonghan because he’ll somewhat manage to throw Areum off the stage and walk off like he’s a runaway model.

 

         All the girls were chit chatting with their escorts and as you can see Aeyoung and Joshua looked like a real couple, Jeonghan was fixing Areum’s hair, and Bora and Chan were trying to think of something cute and playful to do on stage. And to the right of them Mingyu,Seungcheol, and Hansol were looking devastated and left out.

 

       “For our rap line award I’ve decided to hold the award” Mingyu said.

 

       “No I decided to hold it though.” Seungcheol replied and scoffed.

 

       “Well I called it first so you can say the speech” Mingyu said and glared at the same time.

 

        “You guys are killing me I’ll hold it and say it” Hansol said and rolled his eyes and glared at everyone in the room,”Bora is making me miserable enough”  

 

    “You’re not the only one here.” Seungcheol mumbled.

 

    “So are you or Jeonghan escorting Areum up stage?” Mingyu sarcastically said.

 

          “Definitely not you” Seungcheol fired back and on his tongue.

 

He proceed to head towards the girl and the long haired guy next to her and tried to start a convo as me intentionally eyed Jeonghan. Jeonghan smiled and nodded at Seungcheol's intention.

 

"When are yall going up there?" Jeonghan turned to Areum.

 

"In 20 minutes." She nodded.

 

"Ew the so late. I need to eat, Seungcheol if I won't be back in time then her." Jeonghan flipped his hair and walked right out.

 

The eventful night soon started as the girls sit sit down with their escorts and Jeonghan managed to sneak to the back to sit with the rest of the boys. Areum seemed somewhat more awkward sitting next to Seungcheol, Areum didn’t know why things were getting awkward and why her feelings changed about him. Maybe it’s what others said that made her feel nervous Areum thought. As they both sat there in awkward silence Mingyu was hiding the fact that he wasn’t hurt about it. He looked uninterested and on his phone but in reality he was raging.

 

“Yay we finally got our handshake down” Bora said and fistbumped Chan.

 

“Hehe yeahh” Chan look towards Hansol’s direction to see Hansol giving Chan the eye and mouthed "i will kill you"

 

Bora looked over towards Hansol and rolled her eyes.

 

“Let’s get away from this playboy mess of a child” Bora said.

 

“ Bora you’re misunderstanding me I never even actually had a full convo--” Hansol was cut off as Chan and her exit the auditorium.

 

“ Oh her temper” Hansol said and groaned.

 

Aeyoung and Jisoo were actually talking about random stuff and people and Aeyoung even sang to Jisoo.

 

“ Look at Jisoo all infatuated” Seungkwan teased and that got a glare from Jisoo himself.

 

The ceremonies begun and one by one everyone accepted their awards. Seungcheol and Areum accepted their leadership awards both together which was a coincidence since they were both leaders, they gave their small speeches and one person in the crowd asked if they were dating and that got a glare from Mingyu and Areum was taken aback at the question.

 

Bora accepted her award for coordinating and organizing and gave her small speech thanking everyone and showed off the cute handshake she made with Chan when exiting the stage. The whole time when the awards ceremony was going, Mingyu had a fixed stare towards Areum. He didn’t understand why he didn’t realize his feelings sooner. Aeyoung soon came up to the stage for best female vocalist award and Jisoo looked like a total gentlemen next to Aeyoung though he was really quiet. The award show soon came to a close. As Areum walked out the corridors, her cousin Bobby came up to the girl with a group of his friends.

 

“So you’ve met Donghyuk right? Of course you did, I also brought Hanbin and Jinhwan” Bobby sheepishly said.

 

“Oh hi nice to meet you guys” Areum greeted them.

 

Bora came closer to who Areum was talking and spotted a guy with a sharp nose and wide smile.

 

“He’s cute” Bora mumbled to herself.

 

“Not as cute as me” Hansol said and rolled his eyes.

 

“Do you want him to be thrown off a cliff by Hansol?” Areum smiled and said quietly to Bora.

 

“He’s too much of a playboy.” Bora wrinkl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter