Epilogue

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum’s Point of View:

 

“I say no! You’re not going to be friends with that kind of girl.” I turned around and firmly said.

 

“But Mom! I can’t just stop being friends with her! That’s rude!!!” The 15 year old girl whined.

 

“BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH A GIRL WHO WOULD STEP ON YOU FOR A GUY.” I rolled my eyes.

 

    The lock of the door suddenly ticked and the handle twisted open, “Wow, I can hear both of you down the hall.” Seungcheol walked in and placed his shoes on the racket.

 

    “Dad! Mom doesn’t let me be friends with this girl in school!” She ran into Seungcheol’s arms.

 

    “Ahyoung, honey, if your mom said so, there must be a reason why you shouldn’t befriend her.” He ruffled her hair.

 

    “Yeah but…” She frowned, “You also take mom’s side!”

 

    “Ahyoung, do you like Jiseok?” I softened down my voice.

 

    “Yeah...but she likes him too...plus mom, it would be weird for me to like him because he lives next door and he’s your friend’s son.” Ahyoung dropped down on the couch and sighed.

 

    “There’s nothing wrong about that.” I sat down next to her.

 

    “Mom, what about me? Can I have a girlfriend? I like Boram. Can we buy her ice cream sandwiches too????” A little 8 year old crawl on the couch next to me.

 

    “Seunghyun come here.” Seungcheol sat down on the floor and pick the little boy up, “You like Boram??????????”

 

    “Look here my little daughter, it doesn’t matter who’s the person you like or what he does or where he lives, you can’t deny your feelings for him.” I fixed her hair, “And about that girl, if she knows it as well as you that you like Jiseok, and she still goes after him then she doesn’t respect you okay?”

 

    “But wouldn’t you guys hate if I like someone who lives next door and who is like 2 years older than me??” Ahyoung said.

 

    “Trust me hun, if we hate it we would hate ourselves.” Seungcheol laughed as he knocked down Seunghyun’s toy.

 

    “Oh right, you two used to live right next to each other. Ain’t that just nasty.” She stuck her tongue out at us.

 

“Sure thing, now come and help mommy prepare for lunch.” I stood up and head to the kitchen and the doorbell rang.  

 

    “Babe! Aeyoung is here.” Seungcheol picked Seunghyun up and opened the door.

 

    “OH MY GOD. JISEOK IS HERE?!?!” Ahyoung freaked out and dashed into her own room and I stood up to find Aeyoung and Jisoo with Jiseok behind them.

 

    “Come in. Is Aera not coming?” I scanned around.

 

    “Nah, she got a soccer tournament, she’s not even gonna be home until like the end of this week.” Jisoo shook his head.

 

    “Hi Ahyoung.” Jiseok dropped down the couch and my daughter opened the door of her room and got out.

 

    “Hi Jiseok…………….” She nervously walked towards the couch and I pushed her forward and she turned around, “Mom!” Ahyoung hissed at me.

 

    The four of us sat down on the table and poured out some wine.

 

    “Is Bora and Hansol not coming?” Aeyoung picked up her glass and sipped.

 

    “Yeah they are, they’re busy with Bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter