Han River

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is yall up or nah who takes a nap at 9PM?” Jeonghan screamed to the bluetooth device attached to his ear.

 

Bora groaned and sat up, rolled her eyes annoyingly at the unexpected phone call.

 

“Guys get up, Jeonghan and the boys are waiting.” She shook the two girls.

 

“How is it a good idea to exercise at such hour in such weather are these boys nuts?” Areum growled and dragged herself up.

 

“Is your shining armor up yet?” Bora asked and grabbed the brush on top of the dresser.

 

“Seungcheol? Who knows probably--” Areum replied and was interrupted with a bang from the other side of the wall and a boy winced,”Okay maybe he is.”

 

 

Areum laughed and opened her closet, the least thing she would want right now is uncomfortable clothes out in the obviously cold winter. She was set on her training pants and windbreaker, well she could careless right now.

 

“Guys, we have one bike.” She gave the two girls a gentle reminder.

 

“Seungcheol has one doesn’t he?” Bora replied lifelessly.

 

“Yeah, but we have 4 people?” Areum raised a brow.

 

“Simple, two on each. We have extra seats for a reason.” Bora shrugged.

 

“Talking about that, your twin sister is still asleep.” Areum turned to the girl on the floor.

 

“AEYOUNG.” Bora slapped her with a pillow and the short girl sat up, well her hair sat up along with her.

 

“Fine fine I’m getting up.” The girl unwillingly stand up and get dressed.

 

Seungcheol was already out and waiting, he leaned against the wall outside her house, staring off into the night sky before turning over to the directions of the hands that covered his eyes.

 

“Hey.” Areum smiled.

 

“Hey.” He smiled and replied.

 

“Areum, do you wanna ride your bike? with Aeyoung?” Bora suggest and covered , realizing a dumb idea that she just gave.

 

“Do you want Hansol to kill you or me to kill you?” Areum glared at Bora and mumbled to herself.

 

Seungcheol chuckled, pretending he never heard what she just said to herself after Bora took back her words.

 

“You go with Seungcheol girl I’ll be riding my man’s bike later anyways.” Bora shrugged and hopped on the other bike.

 

The teenagers biked out of the alleyways and into the street. Endlessly chatting as they reached the Han River and smiled as they spotted a neon green windbreaker belongs to Soonyoung from afar.

 

“Jesus, you all took 10 years.” Jeonghan scrunched up his nose and blankly stared at the children that arrived merely seconds ago,”Anyways I need to make an announcement before these hooligans gettin all lost and stuff.”

 

“What is such announcement?” Aeyoung asked.

 

“Well, my housewarming this thursday, be there or die.” Jeonghan answered and hopped on his bike.

 

They biked through the evening, enjoying the view Han River gave. It was rather a relaxing night, with no much thoughts and no dramas after Mingyu apologized to Jeonghan and Bora. Everyone was simply enjoying the ride, except for the odd couple Seungcheol and Areum, who decided to take a walk instead and gave their bike to Jisoo since boy rode here with Jeonghan. On top of that, they aren’t exactly interested in racing down the riverside simply because who knows Seungcheol might just run over Wonwoo down the hill when the poor child slowed down to save this lungs.

 

“Are you hungry?” Seungcheol casually asked the girl walking next to him.

 

“Nah, are you?” She shrugged.

 

“Eh, just asking because you seem to be hungry 24/7”  Seungcheol said and moved 20 feet away from the girl, expected a something he called a wrath that’s coming from, yes, the girl that he adored.

 

“Just wait you’re not getting any sleep tomorrow, I’ll annoy the out of you” Areum glared and puckered her lips on the straw of her milk shake.

 

“I mean doesn’t that mean you’re not getting any sleep either since you’re annoying me in my sleep which is around the time that you sleep then you must me up and if you’re up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter