Figuring

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the whole squad finished eating breakfast they decided to see how Seungcheol’s doing since they haven’t got any updates from the boy nor from Areum. Early in the morning, the guys gathered in front of Areum’s house and the morning mess Bora and Aeyoung came downstairs to let them in.

 

“The only way we’ll get to his room is to climb over the balcony.” Bora said and opened up the balcony door,”Jeonghan and Mingyu, you two should climb over first with me because ain’t nobody tryna fit 15 people on the balcony.”

 

Jeonghan nodded and hopped over the other side then pull the tall boy who’s having trouble controlling his long legs. Bora pushed in the door to Seungcheol’s room and it’s pit black inside.

 

“No wonder they’re not awake yet.” Jeonghan said and pull the curtain over for some sunlight in the room and Areum’s b ack is against Seungcheol with her in his arms.

 

“Oh.” Mingyu rolled his eyes.

 

“Areum.” Jeonghan shook the girl lightly to make it less awkward and the girl opened her eyes.

 

“Hey.” She cracks her morning voice then break away from Seungcheol’s embrace,”He just needed warmth okay don’t get the wrong idea.” She stated then shook Seungcheol.

 

“Yeah right, why would a boy who has a fever needs warmth.” Mingyu muttered lowly and Bora elbowed him right in the stomach.


 

“Are you feeling better?” Areum asked, more in a worried tone.

“Yeah I am.” Seungcheol smiled and held up a hand has Jeonghan and Areum pull him up.

 

“Well, get washed up and take your medications and we’ll make something for you to eat.” Bora said and Seungcheol nodded, he stood up a little bit weak but he can walk and stand up now.

 

Bora hopped over back to the balcony telling the rest to come over while Jeonghan dashed down the stairs and make some porridge for the sick boy that’s taking forever to shower. Areum sat down on Seungcheol’s familiar couch in his living room and made herself at home while the 14 hooligans are taking over the house. Hansol on the other hand won’t leave Bora’s side, he tries to pull her into his arms whenever he has a chance.

 

“So are y’all like official now?” Wonwoo raised his brow.

 

“Uh…....” Both Hansol and Bora left him hanging and continue their lovey dovey acts.

“Actually are we official?” Bora turned around and quietly asked Hansol the question.

 

“We’ll talk about that later.” Hansol beamed and kissed her temple look away with the plan full of surprises he has in store for Bora.

 

Seungcheol walked down the stairs after freshening up and he greeted some of the boys then sat on the dining table next to the living room eating the ribs porridge that Jeonghan made. He slurped on the soup and unknowingly looking at Areum. It’s something that’s resistable about her. He thought. But he sighed at the thought that it is what it is, the only guy that can possibly make her waver is Mingyu and he shuts his train of thoughts down before she came and sat down in front of him.

 

“You’re zoning out.” She said and Seungcheol snapped back into his senses.

 

“Oh hey, thanks for taking care of me yesterday.” Seungcheol said and continue to slurp on the porridge.

 

“Haha, you’re welcome, I didn’t realize that I’m a great pillow.” She laughed softly.

 

An awkward tension arose between them and to be honest, only Jeonghan noticed what really is going on. He has been looking out for them for awhile now, the fact that he sees something between those two and how it will someday sparks. Jeonghan rinsed the cup of water and placed it in the dishwasher and a tall boy walked over and stood next to Jeonghan.

 

“I know what you’re thinking, just give up.” He said without looking at Mingyu.

 

Mingyu heart sank at Jeonghan’s words.”I’m kinda not okay that her bestfriend isn’t me.”

 

“And who’s fault is that?” Jeonghan glared at the kid.

 

 

“Thanks.” He said sarcastically but mentally cursing himself for realizing his feelings too late and never really truly cares about how Areum feels or how she is before.

 

“Seungcheol, we need to talk.” Jeonghan nudged the blond boy who’s putting his bowl down on the sink, he was soon dragged up his room by the long haired boy,”I want you to rethink about your feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter