3PM

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “Wanna go get lunch or something?” Seungcheol came out of the bathroom after taking a long shower, he leaned against the door frame and look at Areum who’s now observing his medals and awards hanging on his wall. Seungcheol tried to act as natural as possible as if the little peck between them never happened.

 

    Maybe I should act that the that peck never happened. Areum thought before replying.”Yeah hold on, let me go back and wash my face.” She said before looking away from his wall and turned around,”I’ll take at least 15 minutes just so you know.” She shrugged and he nodded.

 

    Areum jumped back to her balcony in lightning speed as it’s starting to get a little chilly outside even though it’s noon. It’s already November and she couldn’t believe it. Splatting luke warm water on her face in the shower, she sighed at how she couldn’t stop thinking of what that kiss, or should i say peck meant. The girl brushes her bangs after drying her hair and slip on her Adidas training pants and Nike free runs.

 

    “Right I need a sweater.” She mumbled and opened her closet to quickly grabbed the Lakers sweater she had.

 

    “Wow you girls take a lot of time, half an hour.” Seungcheol invaded through her balcony door and shut it behind him.

 

    “Wait I need to put on my contacts!” She paced herself and ran over her desk to pick up her lense cases before the boy who sat on the desk grab her wrist to stop her.

 

    “Uhm yeah you look cuter with your big rim glasses and I’m pretty hungry so let’s go.” He said then jump down the desk and pulled her downstairs and out of her house.

 

    “When will your parents be home?” She asked as they walk through the streets.

 

    “I don’t know, probably in 5 days?” He shrugged,“I’ll starved to death by then.”

 

    “Pshhh, my parents would feed you until the day you turned into a pig.” Areum stuck her tongue out at him

 

    “We’re here, let’s go in and eat.” Seungcheol turned and head into a restaurant nearby him and pulled out a chair for Areum.

 

Ding.

 

From: Mingyu

11:24 AM

I need to talk to you, I'll pick you up from your house at 3.

 

"Mingyu said he wants to talk to me." Areum looked up to Seungcheol and he immediately stopped eating.

 

"Say what now?" Seungcheol choked up, this is something he can't just stop,”Do you really have to go see him?”

 

“Well, let’s see what he has to say.” Areum sighed and Seungcheol hesitatingly nodded.

 

He walked her home with a heavy heart. Part of him didn’t know what to do, he doesn’t know what Mingyu will say to Areum but it seems like it won’t be to his advantage. He can only smile and nodded to the things that she’s blabbing next to him but in reality, his head is not there, it’s flying elsewhere. Seungcheol was sure that by now, she knows how he feels, but apparently she acts like this and he just get more and more confused with this.

 

“Seungcheol, hey, hey.” She smacked his arms a few times and he turned to her.

 

“Huh?” He snapped back to reality.

 

“What are you thinking, you’ve been zoning out since we left the restaurant?” Areum stepped in front of him.

 

“Nothing, don’t worry about it.” He sighed and reassured her.

 

“Is it about….Mingyu?” Areum carefully said, making sure she won’t screw things up.

 

Taken aback from her straightforward question, he reluctantly choosing through a million answers that popped up in his head.

 

“You’re hesitating again, so you are.” She made it clear to him,”I doubt that he likes me.” She looked in another direction.

 

“I don’t doubt it like you do.” He said and avoid her gaze but some how his tomato red ears successfully sent butterflies to her stomach without her knowing.

 

"Do you want to come with me to see him then?" Areum opened to offer out of nowhere.

 

"Nah, I think he'd preferred to talk to you alone." Seungcheol smiled faintly and shook his head.

He continued to suppress his feelings as their footsteps are getting closer to their house. The teenagers has been out for an hour or two, and going home just means that time will fly and Mingyu will be here soon to pick Areum up, and Seungcheol clearly told himself he was going to be okay but it looks like he might have to rebel against his brain again. He has been sharper than usual and it seems like Mingyu finally came to a conclusion that he has started to like Areum. Mingyu is rather irresistible when it comes to girls and Seung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter