Worst Graduation

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Donghyuk.” Bobby called as he looped his tie around his neck.

 

“Hm?” He replied.

 

“You alright? You look...stressed.” Bobby tried to confirmed.

 

“Bobby, I’m going to tell her.” He sighed.

 

“Tell what?” The other boy looked confused and blanked out for 10 seconds, “You’re not….by any chance….”

 

“Yeah, what’s the worst thing she’ll say? I need to tell her, either be with her or get over her.” Donghyuk sighed and stood up to grab his vest.

 

“Donghyuk, you know you can ruin my cousin’s relationship right?” Bobby tugged on his arms.

 

“This might sound shallow, and it is shallow, but I’ll risk it.” He slightly pulled his arm out of Bobby’s grip, “I won’t be able to ruin it if they really love each other.”

 

“Hey, you’re my best friend, but if something happens to my baby cousin, I won’t let you off.” Bobby sighed and stated.

 

“She needs to know my feelings so I can easily move on.” Donghyuk buttoned up his vest.

 

Bobby had mixed feelings about it, somehow, he doesn’t feel well about it. But Donghyuk is more hard headed than he thinks. He sighed and putting on his vest.

 

“Just. Donghyuk. Just don’t hurt her.” Bobby firmly said.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Babe hurry up!” Seungcheol jogged up to her room and nagged.

 

“Hold on I only got one eye lashes left to glue.” She replied and he smiled as he noticed her new dress which covered her back and front.

 

Seungcheol crept behind her and hugged her tightly, “You’re so cute.”

 

“What? I’m cute looking like a monkey putting on makeup?” She laughed and nudged him.

 

“You’re always cute.” He kissed her forehead and let her finished the last touch of her makeup.

 

“Let’s go, last day of high school.” She stood and grab his hand before walking out the door.

 

“So your cousin is coming?” Seungcheol’s hands turned the steering wheels and asked.

 

“Yup! Donghyuk too but the other boys aren’t” She nodded.

 

“Why is he coming, I don’t despise him but why is he?” Seungcheol sighed.

 

“I don’t know, he usually tags along with Bobby I guess” Areum said.

 

“I have a-- actually nevermind.” Seungcheol said but sighed and stopped.

 

“Don’t worry too much.” Areum assured him as she got off the car.

 

“HEY!!!! WE’RE OVER HERE!!!!!” Seungcheol turned around to the rest of the hooligans standing on the other side of the sidewalk.

 

“It’s our last day guys” Aeyoung frowned and clinged onto Jisoo.

 

“Wowowowowow, what’s going on here?” Seungkwan pointed at Aeyoung and Jisoo.

 

“You’re late, they’re official now.” Mingyu smacked Seungkwan in the back of his head.

 

“How come I’m the only one who doesn’t know this?!?!?!?!!?!?” Seungkwan hissed.

 

“Well you left the group chat” Wonwoo shrugged.

 

“I wouldn’t have left if y’all didn’t roast me everyday.” He glared and the boys cracked up.

 

“Okay children, enough, let’s go in.” Areum laughed and said.

 

“Hey! Jang Areum!” Bobby called from behind as he shuts his car door with Donghyuk on the other side.

 

“Hey! You guys came! Let’s go in so we can find a good seat” Areum smiled and lead them into the arena.

 

The more friendly she is, the more uneasy Donghyuk is. Even if both of them is used to being friendly, he can’t help. He grew up with her and suddenly she’s in the arms of someone else. Maybe if he mustered up his feelings 2 years ago, he would be in Seungcheol’s place. He sat behind her and his heart is fighting against him. The wind from the Han River blew against the nape of his neck and he shivered.

 

“Are you still sure about it?” Bobby said, but this time he doesn’t really look at Donghyuk.

 

“If I don’t do it now, I’ll never do it.” He looked down.

 

“I want you to never do it. But I can’t control you.” Bobby shook his head.

 

The ceremony goes on and on and at one point, she is there, on the stage in front of him with the diploma in her hand. But instead of  walking back to her seat, he looked at her walking out the arena full of people. Unconsciously, he followed her out despite the fact that Bobby tried to talk him out of it.

 

“Hey, congratulations.” Donghyuk appeared behind her and smiled.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter