The blond boy

The Next Door Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mom, Dad, I’m home!” Areum skipped into the house with bliss, it’s finally summer, a long year finally came to an end.

 

“There’s food on the counter if you’re hungry honey!” Her mom replied from the laundry room.

 

 

 

Areum grabbed the mac and cheese plate and drag her heavy feet upstairs to her room, ready for a long nap today. The girl threw herself down flatly on the cold bed, she grabbed her phone and sighed.

 

“So he hasn’t text me back.” She whispered to herself.

 

The part that the most during this summer to her is that she won’t see her lifelong crush, Mingyu. Mostly becauses she will be staying at home, her parents began their shifts as an ER doctors and they won't have the chance to go on a vacation this year. For 4 years, she managed to to keep it lowkey about the fact that she has a crush on Mingyu, he’s a popular guy with many girls admiring so she doesn’t even see the point of letting him know that she likes him anyways. It's not that they aren't friends, in fact, they're good friends, but because of hanging out with the 12 so called hot boys at school, she doesn't have any female friends. All the females in the school either look up to her or plotting to kill her so Areum much prefrer to not get killed by dating one of the boys.

 

 

 

 

Areum threw her phone aside and throw her blazer on the floor, she gets up to turn on the AC then change into her oversized t-shirt and a pair of running shorts before tiredly walking to the bathroom to take off her contacts. She began to eat the mac and cheese and scroll through her social medias to check for any updates before taking the longest nap of her life.

 

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

 

The townhouse next to hers has been banging on the wall ever since she stepped into her room and the sound of it isn't very pleasant. Areum was gonna let it pass by, hoping that they'll stop sometimes soon, but she her impatience took over her. She plugged in her headphones and try to block away the annoying sounds coming from the wall alongside her bed, but no matter how high she puts on her volume, it had no use.

 

“Our balconies are close enough to climb over...let me try and knock on their door.” She mumbled to her self and took off her earphones then opened the door to her balcony and step out, she look at the fence that divides the balconies and hesitated about whether she should climb over or not.

 

 

 

Areum decided to stay on her balcony after deciding that the door is close enough that she could knock from her side. The noise still goes on for a little while then paused, she took the chance and knock on the door, hoping whoever is inside can hear. She was greeted by a blond boy about 5’8 tall walked out with gloves on and a pencil in his left ear.

 

“Oh hi. Sorry to bother you. Could you please tone down on the noise? It’s really loud on this side.” Areum smiled and try to be as friendly as she could so she won’t scare the poor boy away.

 

“Uhm yeah sure, sorry. I just moved in recently and I didn’t realize that the walls aren’t soundproof here. Just trying to hang some of my certificate on the wall.” He casually said.

 

“Oh then it’s fine, maybe you should go ahead and finish hanging them, I can deal with it for awhile.” She replied.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter