Saturday Shenanigans

[HIATUS] ROOM VI

 

"Do you think I should cut my hair?" Ken asked no one in particular. He was in the living room with everyone else, it was Saturday so everyone was at home, relishing on the fact that they all had no extra classes that weekend. Ravi who was seating next to Ken on the couch glanced at the latter and hummed in response. "Is that a yes or a no?", Ken asked, tilting his head to look at Ravi. "That was a yes" Ravi replied looking at Ken in the eyes and looked away quickly, he was never fond of direct eye contact. "Yeah, cut it already, you look like a shaggy dog" Hongbin supplied from the floor, grinning mischievously at Ken. The latter looked at Hongbin who was donning a pale yellow short with a red tank top and snickered a reply "Shaggy or not, at least I have a better fashion sense". Hongbin's grin faltered.


"Hey can you help me with this?" Hyuk asked, shoving his book to Taekwoon. They were both sitting on the floor, conquering the coffee table with study materials and everything was scattered messily, but it didn't bother neither of them. The latter looked at the book, it was Psychology, his favourite subject. He skimmed through the question and asked Hyuk if he had even read the journal. "Uh, no? I don't read those usually" Hyuk answered airily, not even bothered. "Read the journal", answered Taekwoon, "this question is from the footnotes", he finished and continued doing his assignment. "Ah, just tell me what it is so I can move onto the next question already" Hyuk whined in response and looked at Taekwoon, pleading. Taekwoon just shook his head indicating a no and plugged his ear with earphones, which made him oblivious to Hyuk cursing at him. Hyuk groaned and looked around the room looking for his next victim but no one else took Psychology so being the smart boy that he was, he just googled his answer and with that, he moved onto the next question, smiling to himself.


Hakyeon was comfortably sleeping on the three seater couch when his face was suddenly whacked with a pillow. He hissed, took the pillow away from his face and got up from his sleeping position. He looked up to see Ravi rubbing the back of his neck and sheepishly smiling at him, but even before Ravi could mutter an apology, he too, was whacked with a pillow and Hakyeon continued his slumber. 


"Anyways, the girl was so cute" Ravi stated dreamily and Hongbin looked at him in disgust. Hongbin wasn't anti love, but talking about it sure was nauseating to him. Ravi snapped out of his love thought and looked at his best friend who was currently frowning at God knows what, "so, who do you like?" Ravi asked. Hongbin pretended to think and answered "no one". Ravi snickered, "yeah right, I saw you talking to Irene last week, you guys match well" he said while watching Hongbin attentively, looking for any giveaways but he was met with none. "We were just talking" Hongbin answered nonchalantly while flipping through the tv channels, "besides, she has a boyfriend, I think?" Hongbin finished. "Oh so you're jealous?" Ravi asked, excited. This could be a love triangle and he could use some drama in his life. "No, but you know what I'm jealous of?" Hongbin answered sickeningly sweet, turning to Ravi who was currently confused at the former personality change. He raised his eyebrow, waiting for Hongbin to continue. "Your idiocy", the dimpled boy replied and Ravi just slumped on the couch.


"Hey" Taekwoon was jolted from his concentration and looked at Ken questioningly, the shaggy boy (yes he had heard the conversation earlier) better had a good reason for his interruption. "I'm hungry" Ken whined and wrapped his arms onto Taekwoon's toned ones. Taekwoon just sighed and flailed his arms, making Ken's arms loosen completely and went to the kitchen silently. Shaggy boy just smiled at Taekwoon's retreating back and gave Ravi (who was currently watching them like a hawk) a thumbs up.


Hyuk was finally done with his assignment and was now looking at Hakyeon's sleeping form. The older boy was currently sprawled on the couch that was way too small for him, making his legs tangle at the end of the couch. His arms were crossed on his abdomen, and it made him look like he was dead, almost. Hyuk tilted his head and took out his phone from his pocket, ready to snap a picture of his hyung. I want to instagram this and caption it #nofilter, he thought. But even before he could open the camera app, Hakyeon's eyes snapped open and narrowed them immediately at Hyuk. The younger boy smiled, flustered from being caught and slowly retraced his steps and assuming that he was far enough from the older boy, he ran to his room. Hakyeon's wrath was not something he'd like to experience today.


"Everyone! Lunch time" Taekwoon shouted from the kitchen and in no more than one minute, all of them were already seated at the dining table, hungry and highly anticipating. Taekwoon smirked rather evilly and placed the hot pot in the middle of the table. "This smells like heaven!" Ravi said, salivating. "A devil wouldn't know that, would he?" Hongbin deadpanned and Hakyeon snorted. Hyuk, whose attention was on the pot frowned, "What'd you make?", he asked Taekwoon who was sitting next to him. The latter just smiled and answered with an "open it". Ken who was directly in front of the pot and therefore the closest said "Don't mind me!" and lifted the lid.

They all groaned. Taekwoon excluded.

Ramen. Of all things he could cook. He cooked ramen.

 

 

 

 


 

Hi! Thank you for subscribing to this garbage of a story OTL. This story won't have a definite plot, at least not atm.

Do let me know what you guys think of it so far x_x