Camping Gone Wrong

[HIATUS] ROOM VI

 

Hakyeon yawned for the fifth time that morning. It was way too early for him to be up but Taekwoon had went on a roll call and woke everyone up. He wasn't so sure what was the purpose of it, he was a bit dazed (and still were) when Taekwoon explained why. He yawned again, looking at Hongbin who was looking much worse than him. The boy was staring ahead, physically there but mind clearly elsewhere, and he looked like his soul had been out from his body. He was just staring at nothing in particular, his eyes droopy and eye bags dark. Hakyeon moved his gaze from the dimpled boy and looked at the slumped body next to him. Ravi was sleeping (and snoring), his hands pillowing his head on the table and he looked like he had just been dragged from hell itself. His hair was pointing in different places and his face was void of energy. He also had drool smeared around his lips and chin. He looked like , and it wasn't a pretty sight. Hakyeon looked at Ken next, and the boy looked the most refreshed. It wasn't a surprise to him as he had once dragged Ken to Changwon with him and even though they left the house at dawn, Ken stayed chirpy throughout their 2 hour journey. Hakyeon was positive Ken didn't have an off button for his mouth, or his energy for that matter. The youngest tenant was nowhere in sight. Hakyeon didn't know where Hyuk was at, but he was sure that the boy had fled off, not wanting to participate in whatever Taekwoon had planned. It wasn't the first time Taekwoon had done this. The last time he did, they were all forced to go hiking.

Taekwoon emerged from his room with a bag pack almost as big as him. Hongbin, who was earlier in a daze gaped at the size of the bag. He squinted his eyes to take a better look and his stomach dropped. It was a camping utility bag. Taekwoon clapped his hands, effectively diverting the boys' attention to him. "Let's go camping!" Taekwoon said, he didn't sound elated, but his voice was a little higher than usual, and that alone was enough confirmation that the boy was indeed, excited. Ravi groaned, he never liked outdoor activities, it was just not his cup of tea. Hakyeon glared at Taekwoon, he didn't want to go camping, it was not like they were 12 and were in school still, so he didn't understand why a camping trip together was even necessary. Ken on the other hand looked excited. But admittedly, you could show Ken a frog and he would get over excited over that.

Hongbin raised his hand, as if asking for permission to speak. Taekwoon looked at him and nodded, giving him the chance to speak. "What are we going camping for?" He asked, his voice controlled. He didn't want to sound too annoyed nor interested, as he was trying to get his way out of this. "Just because", Taekwoon answered simply, further proving that the camping wasn't at all necessary. Hongbin raised his hand again and this time he didn't wait for Taekwoon's permission before speaking, "I'm out, then", he stated and bolted out of the living room before Taekwoon could process what he just said. Ravi, who was watching the scene intently followed Hongbin's footsteps, and fled away as well. Taekwoon's jaw dropped at the sight and he rubbed his forehead. He looked at Hakyeon pleadingly, internally communicating with him. The latter shook his head and left. Taekwoon looked at Ken, who in turned smiled at him. The last time he had gone on a trip with Ken with just the two of them, he developed a nonstop headache so he wasn't going to risk it again. "Camping canceled", Taekwoon grumbled, before dragging his big bag back to his room. Ken stayed at the living room, looking confused.


Hongbin furiously typed on his notebook, his face moulded into one of annoyance. Hakyeon looked at the younger boy warily, not sure if he wanted to meddle. Hongbin stopped typing and started tapping his chin, his eyes still glued on his laptop and face still contorted. Hakyeon let out a cough, announcing his presence before plopping down next to the grumpy gremlin. Hakyeon shifted closer to Hongbin, trying to subtlety look at his screen. "What do you think you're doing?" Hongbin asked, tilting his notebook slightly to his side, away from Hakyeon. The latter looked up and smiled at Hongbin, he quirked his eyebrow towards the laptop and Hongbin raised an eyebrow. "Why are you so nosy?" He snapped before puffing his cheeks, a habit he did whenever he was irritated. Hakyeon shrugged and decided not to pry anymore, since Hongbin wasn't budging. Hakyeon moved away from Hongbin, distancing himself from the latter and picked up the remote control. He flipped through the channels endlessly before settling on Running Man, pretending as if nothing happened.


Ravi came out from his room and went straight to the kitchen. Taekwoon had prepared a feast that day. According to Taekwoon's plan, all of them were supposed to stuff their faces in the morning before leaving the house, because the trip to the campsite would take 5 hours and he wasn't planning on making any pitstop. His plan backfired when everyone refused to take part, so now they had heaps of food laid down on the dining table. Ravi sat down and started gobbling up Taekwoon's speciality, chicken fried rice. It was a relatively simple dish, and Ravi was sure he himself could make it. But his logic was that why bother cooking when Taekwoon would? He ate the fried rice and stretched his hand to grab some fried chicken when he was suddenly smacked at the back. He turned around to see Taekwoon looking down on him. "Oh so you want my food but refuse to go on trips with me?", Taekwoon sarcastically asked. Ravi looked at him sheepishly, "Ah but you know I hate doing outdoor activities!", Ravi reasoned. Taekwoon shook his head and patted Ravi's back, telling him to slow down a bit, in case he ended up choking. "No one passed CPR in this house", Taekwoon chided. Ravi paled at thought of him dying from choking and his friends helplessly watching. He could imagine Hongbin saying 'this idiot literally died from eating fried chicken'. Ravi frowned at the thought before slowing down.

"Slow down, you glutton" Hongbin said, before plopping himself down in front of Ravi. The latter glared at him and continued eating, purposely ignoring him. Hongbin rolled his eyes, "There's barely anything left, how long have you been here, eating everything?", Hongbin chided. Ravi looked around the table, there was still a lot of food left which meant Hongbin was just trying to rile him up for fun. He finished swallowing his chicken and hissed at his friend, "Why are you here?" Hongbin snickered, "To save myself some food before someone inhales everything, obviously", he finished with a smirk. Ravi glared at him.

"I'm so annoyed" Hongbin suddenly said and Ravi glanced up from his food and looked at the former. His friend's face was scrunched up and Hongbin looked really bothered. "What's up?" Ravi asked. Hongbin let out an annoyed sigh, "I have a group assignment and my group mates are nuts." Ravi tilted his to one side, "nuts in what sense?", he asked. "Our project is due Monday, and we haven't started ", Hongbin started, "and I'm the group leader, so if the project's undone by Monday, I'm doomed". Ravi laughed out loud, "Who the hell assigned you as the leader?!". Hongbin hissed and glared at him. Ravi settled down from laughing before talking again. "Dude, complaining's not gonna take you anywhere, talk to them and start giving them work", Ravi seriously said while looking at Hongbin in the eyes. Hongbin groaned and continued eating his fried rice angrily, shoving the spoon into his mouth with much gusto. "You're a wreck of a leader, but I'm sure you're more than capable to boss them around. That's like your specialty, no?" Ravi finished, smirking. Hongbin threw some of his rice at Ravi and the latter skilfully evaded every piece of grain, a skill he had developed recently.


Hyuk came home right before dinner with two boxes of pizza hugged close to his body. Hakyeon looked at the boxes, his eyes bulging. Hyuk grinned at the older boy and plopped the boxes down on the dining table. "I have pizza!" Hyuk said ecstatically. "Never mind the pizza, where have you been all day?" Hakyeon asked. Hyuk sheepishly smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sungjae and I had an adventure?", he answered, his face confident but his voice unsure. Hakyeon quirked his eyebrow, obviously not buying Hyuk's excuse but decided to let it go, for now. Hyuk let out a relieved sigh before shouting he had brought back food. All the other tenants rushed out from their rooms noisily.


"Wah, I'm so full" Ken stated before burping out loud indecently. He was currently in bed, laying down. They had just finished eating the pizzas Hyuk had bought so now all of them were in their own rooms respectively. Ken moved up his head slightly to the front and looked at his room mate. Hakyeon was currently sitting at the study table, his back facing Ken. Hakyeon had told everyone during dinner that he had a test to study for, so he had left to his room earlier. Ken assumed that he was studying but Hakyeon's body was sitting too still, and his hands were dangling by his side. It was weird, Ken thought. If Hakyeon was really studying, wouldn't he be sitting more comfortably and looked less like a robot? Ken got up from the bed and made his way to the study table curiously. He stopped right behind the boy and poked out his head beside Hakyeon's. The latter was actually sleeping with his mouth slightly opened, and he was drooling. Ken let out a 'tsk', before holding up his phone to take a picture.

 


 

Hello n__n

If anyone's confused (or forgot haha) about their room arrangement, it goes like this ->

Hyuk + Leo

Hakyeon + Ken

Hongbin + Ravi