Cha Hakyeon: Babysitting

[HIATUS] ROOM VI

 

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END. PLEASE READ.

 

。。。。。

Hakyeon was in a good mood. He received a phone call from his sister last night, asking if he was free today and if he could babysit. Hakyeon had never said yes to a favour so fast. His sister had to go to Busan for a day to settle some work and since her husband was overseas, Hakyeon was the only person she could count on. "That's the whole point of having a baby brother, right? Exactly for times like these", his sister reasoned last night. It was only 8 in the morning and Hakyeon had already showered and everything, elated to see his nephew.

"What are you doing up so early, and on a Saturday at that?" Taekwoon questioned. Taekwoon had always been the only early riser in the house, the other boys would usually show their faces in the afternoon, usually to demand food. He would only see them in the am during weekdays, when they had to wake up early for Uni. So to see Hakyeon already dressed and face already fresh so early in the morning when he had no classes whatsoever, was nothing but strange to Taekwoon. His question was answered with a smile that looked way too off to Taekwoon so he decided not to probe any further, slightly afraid of the consequences. Taekwoon took out a carton of milk from the fridge, poured it in a glass and gulped it down in a beat. He washed the glass and made his way back to his room to shower, wanting to stay ignorant to whatever it was that the oldest was up to. Hakyeon watched Taekwoon's retreating back with a smile, knowing the emotionless boy would completely change his demeanour once his nephew arrived.


The doorbell rang and Hakyeon hopped up from the couch and made his way to the door. He opened it and let his sister come in, his nephew snuggled in her arms. "He's still sleeping", his sister said while passing Hakyeon a bag filled with toiletries and whatnot, "it's still early for him, he'll wake up soon". Hakyeon nodded and signalled his sister to put her son down on the couch. He watched as his sister laid his nephew down and barricaded the couch with pillows as a safety measure. "You can feed him breakfast later, and I've already washed him this morning" His sister supplied, still rearranging pillow, making sure the pillow barricade was really safe, "and make sure he eats his veggies, and tell him to wash up before he sleeps" she continued. "Do I look like a maid to you?" Hakyeon asked with an edge. His sister turned around and smiled sweetly, "Younger siblings are only born for that sole purpose, Yeon", she said, her hands on her hip, as if lecturing him. Hakyeon rolled his eyes, "Aren't you already late or something?", he asked. "Yeah yeah I'll get out now, I'll be back tomorrow morning, I expect my son to still be in one piece when I pick him up" his sister continued nagging. Hakyeon made a face and told his sister to get out quickly, "Okay bye, have a safe trip" he said, waving her away before closing the door shut.


Hakyeon went back to living room to see Taekwoon sitting on his knees, looking at his sleeping nephew with adoration filled eyes. Hakyeon cleared his throat and Taekwoon turned around. "Who is this?" Taekwoon asked, eyes narrowed. Hakyeon scoffed and pulled Taekwoon up, not wanting to distract the sleeping boy. He dragged Taekwoon to the kitchen before taking a deep breath dramatically. "I found him outside and decided to take him in, I tried looking for his parents but I didn't see anyone" Hakyeon narrated and Taekwoon gaped, his jaw dropped. "And like, I don't know what to do now? How much do you think he would sell for? I'm kinda broke" Hakyeon continued nonchalantly, his hand gestures emphasising every word. He was internally smirking at Taekwoon's panic stricken face. The latter was looking at him as if he had lost his mind, face white and eyes bulged. "Hello? Earth to Taek." Hakyeon said while waving his hand in front of Taekwoon's face, trying to get a reaction out of him. Taekwoon snapped back into reality and screeched, "ARE YOU INSANE? YOU WANT TO SELL HIM OFF?!", Taekwoon stated angrily. He wanted to lecture the out of his friend for being so immoral. He wasn't a saint himself but human trafficking was a no go. "Look, I'll go find the kid's parents myself, just don't sell him off, okay?" Taekwoon said, almost too fast for Hakyeon to catch. He was panicking, Hakyeon noticed. "But I need money?" Hakyeon said purposely and Taekwoon sighed in response. "Dude, I'll lend you some, just leave the boy alone", Taekwoon said, his voice dead serious. Hakyeon smiled at his friend and lifted up his pinky, "Promise me you won't go back on what you said" Hakyeon made sure and Taekwoon willingly complied. He'd rather sacrifice some cash than his morals.

"Alright, now that you've promised me that, I just want to tell you that the boy's my nephew" Hakyeon quipped before dashing out from the kitchen. Taekwoon sighed in response, a bit relieved that his friend wasn't going to commit something illegal. Something in his mind suddenly clicked, finally taking in what Hakyeon said last. He rushed out from the kitchen huffing and ran to the direction Hakyeon had went to.

。。。

Hakyeon's nephew finally awoke from his slumber and was currently gobbling up food Taekwoon had prepared. Hakyeon was watching the boy in admiration, occasionally wiping his mouth with a cloth. Taekwoon had reprimanded him for lying earlier but other than getting glared at every two minutes, Hakyeon was not at all bothered. He basically won, in a way. Taekwoon now had to lend him money. He watched as his nephew shove food down his throat and patted his back, making sure he wouldn't choke.

"Why is there a monster in our apartment?!" Hongbin screamed. He just woke up and after brushing his teeth, he got out from his room to eat. He missed his dinner last night so he was starving. He had expected to see his breakfast laid down on the counter but when he came out, he was astounded to see a toddler gobbling up what could possibly be his breakfast happily. Hakyeon looked at the intruder and narrowed his eyes immediately, "Excuse me?", he said with an edge, clearly offended with Hongbin's exclamation. Hongbin ignored Hakyeon's remark, "Whose child is this? And why is he eating up my breakfast?". Hakyeon opened his mouth to explain but Hongbin was suddenly smacked at the head by none other than Taekwoon, "Don't be so rude this early in the morning, and in front of a child at that", Taekwoon lectured and Hongbin hissed at the impact of his head being hit. "Your breakfast is in the microwave", Taekwoon waved off before sitting next to the toddler, cooing at him immediately. Hongbin scoffed at the sight before making his way to the microwave.

 

"Why..", Hakyeon pondered quizzically. His nephew had been on a tantrum for 10 minutes and it was absolutely frustrating. He didn't know what his nephew wanted, and he already tried asking but all he got was more screaming in return. He really really really loved his nephew but maybe not that extent where he would willingly go deaf for him. Hakyeon sighed before plopping his body onto the couch and looked at his nephew who was seated on the floor, his hands flailing, legs thumping, and his mouth loudly wailing. Hakyeon looked at the scene in front him sighing, it was only 2 pm and he already felt like giving up. His nephew was never bratty but now that he had grown a bit, his demands too followed. He had heard the stories of tantrums thrown by his nephew from his sister but this was his first time experiencing it, and it was not only terrible, he also didn't know what the toddler wanted and how to deal with it, so Hakyeon decided to just watch his nephew wailing in despair, he himself wanting to throw a tantrum too.

"Oh my god"

Hakyeon turned his head to the sound and sighed in relief when he saw that it was Ravi, who was currently standing while gaping at his nephew who was still crying. "Help me", Hakyeon whined and Ravi gave him an incredulous look. The younger plopped down on the floor and picked the even more younger boy onto his lap. Ravi cooed while rubbing Hakyeon nephew's back in a soothing manner and the toddler calmed down at the gesture. Ravi sighed and turned his head to Hakyeon, who was currently looking at him like he was some godsend angel. "Whose kid is this?", Ravi asked, hands still busy calming down the toddler. "My sister", Hakyeon answered shortly, he was still in awe. Ravi rolled his eyes, "He's your nephew and you just let him cry on the floor helplessly? What kind of an uncle are you?!", he reprimanded. Hakyeon gasped at the accusation before stuttering out an excuse, "I tried, okay! He didn't budge", the oldest said with a huff. "Knowing you, you probably nagged at him instead of asking him", Ravi snickered before turning his attention back to the little boy on his lap.

"What's your name?", Ravi cooed at the boy.

"Yo-yoggeun", the boy hiccuped back, his voice raspy and raw from all the crying.

"Oh. That's a nice name for a nice boy. And a nice boy don't throw tantrums, right?", Ravi reasoned and Yoggeun nodded at the fact.

"So why were you?", Ravi asked, his voice still calm but Hakyeon could hear the sternness in it.

"I- I want ice cream", Yoggeun sniffed back hesitantly and Ravi patted the boy's head.

"We'll go buy ice cream, okay? But first go wash up your face in the bathroom", Ravi told him while patting his back, encouraging him to sit up. The toddler fervently nodded before dashing off to the bathroom.


Hakyeon watched the interaction in awe, surprise and a little hint of jealousy. "How the hell did you do that?", he asked and Ravi shrugged. "I have a younger sister, and I had to babysit her sometimes so it might've stemmed from there", Ravi explained before getting up. He looked at Hakyeon pointedly, "I'm leaving to Uni so I can't bring him to the convenience store, you go and do it. You need it", Ravi said before patting Hakyeon's back and the latter scowled at him.

Yoggeun trudged back from the toilet while hopping, "I want ice cream!", he said joyfully. Ravi smiled at him before squatting down to his level, "Uncle Hakyeon will take you, okay? I have to go to Uni", Ravi explained and the boy just nodded. He didn't really mind who would take him, just as long as there was ice cream. Ravi ruffled his head, "Don't throw tantrums again. If you want anything, you tell your uncle and he'll give it to you but only if it's reasonable ok?", Ravi said and Yogguen nodded at him. Ravi smiled at his reaction before tucking out his pinky, "Promise?" and Yogguen clasped his little pinky with Ravi's, "Promise! Can I get ice cream now?" and Ravi just chuckled before directing him to Hakyeon.

。。。

They had just eaten dinner and Hakyeon was glad the day was almost over. He had never thought taking care of a toddler would be this hard and tiring. After a quick trip to the convenience store, his nephew occupied himself by watching cartoon shows on the television and had napped a bit after. When he woke up though, he had told Hakyeon he wanted ice cream again and knowing that it was a bad idea to give so much sugar to a kid in one day, he declined Yoggeun's request. And of course that didn't end well. Yoggeun started wailing again and Hakyeon panicked but thankfully, Ken was home and he somehow managed to bribe Yoggeun into eating fruits instead of bad sugary sweets.


Hakyeon was now in his room with Yoggeun, the younger busy playing with his Gameboy on Ken's bed. The latter wasn't home since he had some kind of sleepover at Yixing's and Hakyeon honestly thought it was for the better.

It was 9 pm and that meant bedtime.

"Yoggeun, stop playing that and go to sleep", Hakyeon said slowly, internally hoping the boy would comply.

Yoggeun surprisingly nodded and yawned before putting his Gameboy back in his bag. He finished packing everything up and looked at Hakyeon hopefully.

Feeling watched, Hakyeon looked up from his phone and raised a questioning eyebrow, "What?".

Yoggeun looked at him warily, "Can I sleep with you? I'm scared of the dark", he said nervously, his fingers fidgeting.

Hakyeon chuckled, "You're a big boy, though", he playfully teased and Yoggeun looked at him dejectedly.

"But still! I'm in a foreign room so the dark is foreign too so I'm even more scared", Yoggeun reasoned with a huff.

"The dark is the same everywhere, though", Hakyeon said with a straight face.

"Monsters aren't", Yoggeun snapped back.

"There's no monsters here"

"How would you know that?"

"It's my room!"

"That just means you're used to them! I'm not!"

"There's no monsters to even get used to! Stop talking nonsense and go to sleep"

"Uncle....."

"Don't you usually sleep alone anyway?"

"Yes but I'm used to my room. I'm not used to this one", Yoggeun answered back, his hands making a circle around the room to further emphasise his point.

Hakyeon snorted. "You sure know how to use that mouth", he said before patting the spot next to him.

Yoggeun's face significantly brightened, "I learned from the best!", he said while making himself cozy under the comforter.

"And who is that, if I may ask?" Hakyeon probed.

"Ehhh, I wouldn't want him to get arrogant now", Yoggeun teased before hiding under the blanket, pretending to be asleep.

Hakyeon chuckled at his nephew's mischievousness before turning off the lights and the two dozed off to dreamland.

 


 

 

Hello! This is Hakyeon's chapter, the last of the member focused 'saga'.

And omg we reached 50+ subscribers o<-< I know it's not a lot but to me it is!! Like... 50+ irl people actually read this garbage of a story??? Ridiculously amazing.

So to those who have been here from the start and to those who just started reading, THANK YOU.

As a form of gratitude, I've decided to take requests only this once. If you'd like to see VIXX dealing with certain situation or in certain situation, pairings or whatever, leave a comment or you could privately PM me if you're shy. I know a lot of you are silent readers (I am personally one myself so dw). Again, thank you so much! :-)

Edit: Regarding requests, idol groups crossovers are accepted too n_n