Horror Night

[HIATUS] ROOM VI

 

Taekwoon groaned, and he had lost count on just how many times he had done so in the past 30 minutes. He was currently in the living room, sitting on the two seater sofa and on his left sat Hyuk. The younger boy was currently curled next to Taekwoon, a little too close for comfort. Hyuk's hands were placed on top of Taekwoon's thighs, gripping them tightly every now and then. Taekwoon had slapped them away a few times but Hyuk remained persistent, and Taekwoon knew it was a lost cause. To make matters worse, someone decided to latched himself on Taekwoon's right side. It was a two seater sofa, but Hakyeon had somehow managed to squeezed himself in. The latter's body was pressed tightly to Taekwoon's, his head resting on Taekwoon's broad chest and he had an iron grip on Taekwoon's shirt.

Ken on the other hand was huddled next to Ravi, the latter squeezed in the middle with Hongbin on the other side. The three of them weren't as tightly pressed next to each other as the other three were, since they were fast enough to occupy the three seater couch, but they were almost there in proximity. Ravi, who was in the middle had his hands clasped on his thighs, and Ken's hands were circling his arm. Hongbin on the other hand decided to keep his hands all to himself, not really liking the idea of holding Ravi's. He was aware of the fact that Ravi didn't shower often so Hongbin was not going to risk holding Ravi's probably unwashed hands. But still, his lonely hands were shaking terribly.

Each and every one of them had their eyes glued on the tv, and when the person on screen let out a hysterical scream, all six of them jumped and screamed together.

 

6 hours ago

 

"Are you going out today?" Hakyeon asked Hyuk who was busy fiddling with his phone. Hyuk looked up from his phone and glanced at Hakyeon warily. The latter never really engaged himself in small talks so Hyuk thought it was a bit odd that Hakyeon asked that. Especially when Hyuk was still in his pyjamas even though it was already 2 pm in the evening. And if that didn't scream 'I have no plans' then Hyuk didn't know what did. "Uh," Hyuk hesitated, "no?", he finished unsure. "Great!", Hakyeon said cheerily, "don't leave the house today, I have something planned". Hyuk tilted his question but even before he could ask what exactly was planned, Hakyeon had left to Hongbin and Ravi's room.

 

"Not like that!", Hongbin said exasperatedly. Ravi, who was on the receiving end grunted annoyedly. Hongbin was currently trying to explain Calculus to Ravi. The latter had caught a terrible flu and was bedridden the whole week, making him missed all of his classes. Ravi had asked his lecturer for help but he was brutally rejected. He wasn't surprised though, Mr Kang was famous for being uncaring towards his fellow students. Ravi then tried asking Kai for help since they shared the same classes, but he found that maybe asking help from a brick would be better than to ask the latter. It had been 3 days and Kai still hadn't replied to Ravi's desperate text, and his message was unread still. So that left him Hongbin, whom Ravi knew was more than capable to tutor him since Hongbin was a math whizz. But here Ravi was, sitting on his bed with Hongbin in front of him, both frustrated with each other. "How can you still not get this?!" Hongbin asked snappily, his hands flailing around to further emphasis his anger. This was their fifth question and they were all from the same topic and thus formatted similarly. The only thing that varied were the numbers given. Hongbin had explained to Ravi that the formula used was still the same from before, so he just needed to tweak the numbers a bit, but the latter kept making the same mistakes, mistakes he couldn't afford to make. It was driving Hongbin insane, and his patience had thinned out. "Ughhhh", Ravi groaned, he was starting to regret asking Hongbin for help. "How about you use that time whining to solve this question!", Hongbin scolded and Ravi glared at him in response. "Easy for you to say, you're not the one dealing with this!", Ravi snapped back with a huff. Hongbin rolled his eyes and was about to retort smartly but their room door opened and in came Hakyeon.

"Bicker louder you two, I don't think the people in China could hear you", Hakyeon deadpanned. Both Ravi and Hongbin glared at him before asking "What do you want?" simultaneously, their voices edgy. "Aw", Hakyeon cooed, "look at you two, so in sync, very bff like", he finished sarcastically. He was immediately met with deadly glares. Hakyeon let out a snort, "Just come out of the room at 8 pm", he said before leaving the room. Ravi turned to look at Hongbin confusingly, and the latter shrugged in response before signalling him to finish the question. Ravi sighed.

 

Ken was in his room, leisurely laying down on his bed with his earphones plugged in and his mouth humming to the tune. It was a Saturday and he was free, no assignments no nothing. Yixing had texted him last night asking if he wanted to join them for an 'adventure' today but Ken decided against it. He was broke and an adventure, although he didnt know what kind, sounded expensive to him. His room door was suddenly banged opened and he turned to look at it out of shock. Of course it was Hakyeon, he snorted to himself before closing his eyes. Hakyeon stood in front of his room mate and waved his hands in front of his face but Ken didn't budge. Hakyeon plugged the earphone out of his ears and Ken immediately opened his eyes and gaped at Hakyeon. "What was that for?!", he asked offended before snatching his earphone away from Hakyeon's grip. Hakyeon chuckled at Ken's exaggerated reaction before telling him the same thing he told the others and left the room. Ken mumbled some profanities to himself before closing his eyes again, but not before setting an alarm to wake him up 1 hour before 8. As much as he disliked Hakyeon for plugging out his earphone earlier, he didn't really want to piss him off, and he could always keep his grudge for later.

 

Taekwoon was in a coffee shop. Their coffee was just subpar, but he didn't exactly come there just for their coffee. He eyed the girl who was working behind the counter for a few seconds before glancing back to his book, trying to feign indifference. The girl went to his Uni and worked there part time on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Taekwoon swore he wasn't a creep, he just had a helpless crush on the girl. He had never talked to her, and didn't plan on doing so unless some circumstances forced him into it. So as for now, he was content with just staring at her every now and then from his usual spot next to the window, the counter crystal clear from his seat. Taekwoon glanced back to the girl to see her thanking and smiling to a customer and he sighed dreamily. His dazed state didn't last long when his phone suddenly buzzed in his pocket. Taekwoon let out a curse before answering the phone, not bothered to look at the caller. No one else would call him at this time of the day. "What?", Taekwoon snapped. "Woah calm down, tiger", Hakyeon replied airily, his voice too bouncy for Taekwoon's liking. "Come back home before 8", Hakyeon commanded through the phone. "Why?", Taekwoon asked, a little curious. "Just come home, will you? Stop stalking the girl so much, she probably already thinks you're a creep", Hakyeon supplied and Taekwoon gasped at the accusation. "You -", Taekwoon said but the phone beeped, signalling that Hakyeon had already hung up. Taekwoon looked at his phone grudgingly before putting it back in his pocket. He eyed the counter again and quickly diverted his eyes away. The girl was currently looking at him, her face scrunched up. Oh god, Taekwoon thought, Hakyeon was right.

 

It was 7.45 pm. Everyone was already gathered in the living room, all waiting for Hakyeon. Ken had texted Taekwoon earlier to bring back some food with him, so in front of them laid 3 boxes of fried chicken, all in different flavours. Hyuk munched on his honey chicken before turning his head to look at Taekwoon, "Do you know why we're all here?", he asked innocently. Taekwoon shrugged. "I'm a little afraid, what is Hakyeon planning on doing?" Hongbin stated to no one in particular. "I think...", Ken said warily, "he's gonna sell us away, maybe he's had enough", he finished, his face a little pale. Ken may or may not had pushed Hakyeon's buttons a few times that week. The other four turned their heads to Ken before snorting. "Maybe he's had enough of you, but definitely not me", Ravi stated proudly, making everyone else sneer at his unfounded confidence. They all continued sitting in the living room like obedient kids waiting for their teacher to arrive. Hakyeon finally emerged from the store room with a black plastic bag with him. Ravi looked at the bag curiously, "What's that?". Hakyeon turned to look at Ravi and winked before pouring the contents out from the bag onto the coffee table. DVDs. They were all DVDs. Ken bounced off from the couch and picked one DVD up. "Room 13", Ken read out loud before his face paled. Oh no, he thought. Everyone in the room looked at Hakyeon for explanation. Hakyeon grinned, "Horror night!", he announced happily. 

"Ah seriously?!", Hongbin protested out loud. "You know I don't like horror movies!", Ken whined before tossing the DVD away. He plopped himself down next to Ravi and hugged the latter sideways. Hyuk shrugged, acting like he wasn't bothered but Taekwoon noticed how the younger boy had moved significantly closer to him. "Shush", Hakyeon said before turning off the main lights.

 

Current

 

It was 3 in the morning and they were finally finished with their horror marathon. Hakyeon wanted to play an another movie, a Thai one. They were famous for being much more gory and scary and Hakyeon was excited. But even before he could put the DVD into the player, Ken had begged him to stop. "Please," Ken pleaded while sniffing. Hakyeon felt bad for the younger boy so he decided to call the night off and all of them sighed in relief. Ken was the first to run off, but not to his room, but Hyuk and Taekwoon's. The owners of the room looked appalled but were too drained to kick Ken out from their room. Hongbin had to drag a shivering Ravi back to their room. Hakyeon snickered at the pathetic sight before making his way to his own room. He turned off the light and fell asleep almost immediately.

。。。

Hakyeon rolled around on his bed and stiffened when he felt a body next to him. He opened his eyes slightly and squinted at the body next to him. He couldn't make out on who it was since it was really dark. Unsatisfied, Hakyeon slowly got up and stretched his hands to reach for the light switch.

Hakyeon screamed.

Next to him laid a body. Her hair was long and she was wearing a long, white gown. The woman slowly turned her body to look at Hakyeon but Hakyeon was fast enough to read her movements and had already opened the door to run out.

Outside stood 4 boys, all of which were laughing hysterically. Hakyeon looked at them confused. Hyuk was laughing while slapping his knees, his whole body trembling and laughing with him. Hongbin and Ravi on the other hand were laughing and seemed to be crying too. Taekwoon was smiling widely, and it was scary. Hakyeon knew something was wrong when Taekwoon was involved, moreover laughing. Hakyeon stiffened again when he felt someone circling his waist, and he didn't dare to look. It had to be the woman, he thought.

"Look at me", the woman purred next to his ears and Hakyeon paled. He stayed still, not wanting to give in but the woman, whose hands were strangely large, held Hakyeon's chin and turned his head towards her direction. Hakyeon unwillingly turned his head and looked at the woman's face. Blood. Lots of blood. And she was ugly. Hakyeon's eyes bulged at the sight and stretched out widely in an eerie smile and Hakyeon let out an immediate screech before falling down, possibly fainting from shock.

"Ken hyung, you're really ugly as a girl" Ravi snickered before laughing loudly.

Their laughter echoed throughout the apartment and they all left Hakyeon where he had fell down, with hopes that he learned his lesson. A piece of paper was stuck onto his forehead, courtesy of Hyuk and it read

'no more horror night', all written in bold, red ink.

Scribbled under the warning was a p/s and it said

'next time think twice before plugging my earphone out WITHOUT my consent :-)'

 


 

Oh god this chapter was a pain to write and I had a few different endings planned out but decided to go with this one so I hope?? y'all like it??? ( ゚д゚) Also!! Math whizz Hongbin sounds ideal, yes?