Playing Spies

[HIATUS] ROOM VI

 

"Where are you going?" Ken questioned the older boy. The latter was currently combing his hair, dressed to the nines with vanilla perfume wafting in the air. "I'm meeting Hoon", Taekwoon replied, not meeting Ken's eyes. "Dressed like that?", Ken asked confusedly. Taekwoon stopped himself from fixing his hair any further and looked down on his outfit. He was wearing a plain white tee layered with a studded black leather jacket, paired with a black skinny jeans that hugged and accentuated his thighs at the right places, his black Nike completing the look. He also had his fingers accessorised with some rings. He personally didn't think he looked too bad. Taekwoon looked at Ken, who was staring at him, his mouth quirked. "Do I look bad?" He asked, a bit insecure now that Ken had pointed out his choice of outfit. "Well no, but I'm curious as to why you are dressed so fancily when you're just meeting Hoon?" Ken stated accusingly more than asking. Taekwoon scoffed. He looked at his reflection in the mirror once again, making sure his hair was pointing at the right places before he left, not even bothering to answer Ken's question.


Hakyeon's peaceful nap was suddenly disturbed by a loud bang. He woke up with a jolt and looked around the room a little dazed, looking for the source of noise. His senses were finally awaken and realised that the banging was coming from the door. He had accidentally locked the door earlier when he was changing so he guessed that the banging was from Ken, since the boy was his roommate and no one else but Ken would produce this much noise. He got up from his bed and opened the door unexpectedly, making Ken stumble inside. "What?!" He asked, clearly annoyed that his nap had been disturbed. "It's my room too and you locked me out?" Ken stated. Hakyeon huffed in response. "But that's not why I'm here", Ken continued, voice laced with excitement. Hakyeon looked at the latter and raised his eyebrow, waiting for Ken to explain his real purpose. "I think Taekwoon's gone on a date!" Ken said, proud of his revelation. "You really just woke me up for that? I don't care!" Hakyeon snarled. He was sleepy as hell, and he had to go to Uni later for an extra class so he was trying to squeeze in as much sleep as he could. Ken pouted and stomped his feet, making him look more childish than he already was. "But when I went out for a 'date', which was by the way, a day out with my friends, you guys totally grilled me for it!", he finished, pouting. Hakyeon scoffed and forcibly pushed Ken out from the room, making Ken stumble (yet again) and slammed the door shut. He couldn't care less if Taekwoon was on a date, he needed his beauty sleep. And to him, that was more important than his emotionless friend.

Ken gaped at his room's door and sighed. Hakyeon was the nosiest out of them all so Ken was suprised to see him not reacting to his big revelation at all. Like, this was Taekwoon, the chic boy. The same guy whose face was always void of any kind of emotion, and he was on a date? And if that wasn't big news then he didn't know what was.

Ken pouted at the door and was about to forgo his hidden agenda (that he didn't manage to tell Hakyeon) when his eyes caught sight of Hyuk. "Hyuk!!!" he screamed and the younger jumped in surprise. "Ah was that necessary?!" Hyuk said while rubbing his ears, "it's not like I'm miles away!" he continued snappily. "Whatever" Ken replied, not bothered. "Listen, Taekwoon's on a date!" He stated excitedly and immediately frowned at Hyuk's lack of response. "What? Isn't that exciting?" Ken asked seriously. "Not really. I'm late for class, bye!" Hyuk chirped before skidding away and Ken gaped at his retreating back before yelling "Hey! What about bro codes and whatever?!". Hyuk glanced back at him and yelled back "This one's different!" before leaving Ken confused as to what exactly was different. He really thought it was unfair how he got reprimanded so much about dating and here Taekwoon was, clearly out on a date and no one was even batting an eyelid.


"You look miserable" Hongbin said, looking at Ken's lifeless figure who was currently sprawled on the couch, his face covered with a pillow and legs spread out widely. "Shut up and leave me alone" Ken muffled from under the pillow. Hongbin didn't need any more convincing so he just left to his room.


Ravi came back from Uni to see Ken gloomily occupying the two seater couch. The latter's face was glum, and he looked so sad. Ravi contemplated at the hallway on whether he should ask why or if he even wanted to know why and decided that no, he didn't really want to know. Ravi felt a bit bad for being slightly inhumane but he also knew that if he asked, Ken would dramatically narrate everything to him and Ravi wasn't the slightest drunk for that and didn't care nearly enough. So with a clear judgement, he made his way to his room.

"What's up with Ken?" He immediately asked his roommate when he got into his room. The dimpled boy was currently sitting on his bed, munching on Pringles. "Beats me" Hongbin replied with his mouth full, making Ravi gag at the sight. "He looked really out of it, though" Ravi continued curiously. "You could've literally ask him before you came here" Hongbin replied after swallowing the rest of the chip that was inside his mouth. "I don't really care, to be honest" Ravi replied. The boy was already seated comfortably on his own bed (which was placed right in front of Hongbin's) and switched on his laptop. "Then shut your trap and stop asking me, idiot" Hongbin replied while throwing some of his chips at Ravi's direction. 


Hyuk came home to see Ken (still) sitting on the couch in the living room and he was pouting at nothing in particular. Hyuk tilted his head and wondered what was wrong. Ken was the chirpiest person Hyuk had ever known, so seeing him in a sullen mood was a bit... weird. Hyuk made his way to the couch and nudge Ken with his hand. The latter huffed and turned away from Hyuk. "You okay?" Hyuk asked, a bit confused as to why was Ken sulking, and at him. Hyuk racked his mind trying to remember if he had done anything to offend him. He suddenly thought of what had happened in the morning and let out an "ah". Ken turned around and looked at Hyuk quizzically. He was still sulking, sure, but he wanted to know what Hyuk was thinking of. "So tell me again, what happened to Taekwoon?" Hyuk asked, feigning interest. He still didn't care, but Ken looked like a kicked puppy and it wouldn't sit well with his conscious if he just ignored the older boy's behaviour.

Ken's whole demeanour changed when Hyuk asked that, he had been trying to tell someone about it but no one cared, so he was excited that Hyuk was willing to listen. Ken explained everything to Hyuk and the latter hummed. "So what's your plan?" Hyuk asked, truly interested this time. "Let's spy on him" Ken said, fully satisfied with his oh so brilliant plan.

Hyuk was the youngest, but despite that, he had a sharp tongue and was charismatic. He was also a lot more mature than Ken and Hongbin. However, he too had his childish side, so when Ken suggested they spy on Taekwoon, he agreed immediately, excited at the thought of playing spies.

 

。。。。。。。

 

Ken and Hyuk were both dressed in all black and had sunglasses covering half of their faces. They were currently standing in the middle of the mall, trying to locate where Taekwoon was at using the directory. Hyuk had texted Taekwoon earlier asking where he was and the latter vaguely replied with "Coffea". Hyuk figured that it was a cafe so he had searched up on Google on where the cafe was. They apparently had three branches and the closest branch was at the mall so Ken and him decided to wing it and check the mall first. "Second floor, second floor!" Ken excitedly said while pointing at the directory. He had been scrolling through it for minutes and unluckily for him, the mall had a lot cafés, making it harder to browse through. Ken high fived Hyuk and the both of them made their way one floor up.


"I see him. He's there!" Hyuk whispered to Ken. Hyuk genuinely thought Ken's agenda would end up being fruitless but here they were, hiding behind a pillar and in front of them was their lovely Taekwoon and opposite him sat a woman, her back on them. The two of them were laughing at something and Hyuk was sure it was because of what the woman said because Taekwoon had never said anything humorous nor something that would make one cackle the slightest. Ken roughly grabbed Hyuk's head towards the inside, away from Taekwoon's sight when he noticed the latter glancing around, his gaze stopping at their hidden spot for a millisecond.

"Do you think he saw us?" Hyuk asked, his voice panicky. The fun had just began and they were already caught. How anticlimactic, he thought. Ken shook his head indicating a no and dragged Hyuk away from the pillar when he realised that both Taekwoon and the woman had left the cafe. "I doubt he did, but let's go, they just left" Ken said, his hand reaching for Hyuk's arm. Hyuk let himself get dragged and watched their surrounding carefully, just in case Taekwoon popped out from nowhere. Ken could recognise Taekwoon's broad shoulders from miles away so when he saw a tall figure with those said shoulders, together with a slightly shorter woman making their way inside an expensive Italian restaurant, he didn't think twice before dragging Hyuk into it as well.


They were currently in the restaurant, sitting a few tables away from Taekwoon's. Ken managed to sweet talk the waitress into allocating them at a table that was more hidden, but had a good, clear view of Taekwoon's. The waitress were a bit reluctant at first, slightly scared of the two, what not with their suspicious outfit but agreed in the end when Ken took her hands into his, begging.

"They look quite cute together, don't you think?" Hyuk supplied while shoving pasta down his throat. Ken took his gaze away from Taekwoon and snarled at Hyuk. "I didn't bring you all the way here just to eat pasta", Ken said making a face. Hyuk ignored the older boy and continued eating the pasta, his eyes sometimes wandering to Taekwoon to check up on him. Ken hissed at the boy and continued looking at the table, this time his eyes set on Taekwoon's date. The girl looked oddly familiar, and he was sure he had met her somewhere before, but he couldn't pin point where. The fact that he had only managed to see her side profile and not her full face so far didn't help either. Both Taekwoon and the woman suddenly stood up, making their way out of the restaurant and Ken almost bolted out as well before remembering the burden of a boy he had brought with him. Ken slammed a few bills on the table, just enough to cover for their (actually it was just Hyuk's) food and the younger one looked at Ken in surprise. He was abruptly pulled up from his seat, his pasta unfinished.


Taekwoon and the unknown woman were currently in an ice cream shop for what Hyuk assumed was dessert. It was already 7 pm and Hyuk was sure his roommate would leave soon as he never really stayed out for long. Hyuk had also managed to persuade Ken into buying him dessert. He had insisted for ice cream at first but Ken shot him down, saying that he couldn't just walk in and buy him a cup because it would blow his and their cover away. Ken had instead bought him some gummy candies and since Hyuk wasn't a picky eater, he didn't really mind. Just as long as it was sweet. The two of them were currently sitting on a bench located a few shops away from the ice cream shop, but they had a clear view of Taekwoon. The latter was currently eating ice cream with his date. Ken frankly thought Taekwoon's little date was rather nice. Cafe for coffee, Italian food for lunch, and now ice cream for dessert. He didn't think Taekwoon would have the capability to pull off a nicely planned date so he was quite impressed. He watched the pair like a hawk and was astounded to see the woman sitting up, picking up her purse while she was at it. He looked as the two hugged and the woman walked out of the shop, leaving Taekwoon behind. Ken shifted his gaze from Taekwoon's back and looked at the woman, finally looking at her full profile.
 
Ken let out an audible 'oh my god'. Hyuk stopped eating his gummy bears and turned to look at Ken. He followed Ken's gaze and gasped.

The woman who they assumed was Taekwoon's potential lover the whole day,

 

 

 

was actually Taekwoon's older sister.


Hyuk got out from his state of shock to his phone buzzing. He shoved his hand into his jean pocket and took his phone out. He had received a text from Taekwoon and he gulped, nudging Ken while he was at it. Ken snapped out of his daze and looked at Hyuk questioningly. The latter shoved his phone to Ken, his face white.

Ken took Hyuk's phone and read the text.

"I hope you two know that I noticed from the start. :-)" - Taekwoon, 7.30pm

Ken gaped at the text, his jaw dropped. He looked up from the phone and turned to look at the ice cream shop. Taekwoon was waving at them, smiling sickeningly.

 

 

 

2K+ worth of words lmao... my longest chapter so far ((((;゚Д゚))))