Ravhyuk: Resolved

[HIATUS] ROOM VI

 


"You're kidding", Hyuk said skeptically. Ravi sighed and flailed his arms in the air, "I'm not! Just please come with me", he pleaded almost pathetically. Hyuk raised his eyebrows mockingly, "You sure are desperate for some relief", he snickered. Ravi gaped at the accusation (which was very much true) and almost canceled the plan altogether but Hyuk abruptly stood up from his seat and patted him on the back before muttering a quick "8 pm" and left to his room. Ravi smiled in satisfaction.

。。。

The two were currently in a club. Neon lights shone from the dance floor and Hyuk felt like throwing up from the dizziness the lights were causing him. His eyesight was already imperfect, and he felt that the flickering neon lights were making his eyesight much worse. He picked up his vodka shot and sipped at it slowly, he didn't like the bitter taste and he had only ordered it because he deemed that the drink was probably the only 'safe' one in the menu. The music was loud and there were way too many people in one space and it was just not his scene. Hyuk regretted his decision to accompany Ravi. The latter's sidekick, Hongbin was sick and so they couldn't go on their usual club hopping escapades, which was why Hyuk was suddenly recruited. The younger had never joined the older two on their adventures before, main reason being his age. However, Hyuk turned legal last year but even so, he had pretty much steered away from alcohol. He was just not a big fan of the bitter lingering taste and knowing his disinterest, the inseparable duo never really forced the younger to join them. Hakyeon had also made sure to established that peer pressure was not to be tolerated in the household.

Hyuk glanced around the club, it was literally like a can of sardines. People were squeezing through the small spaces in between more people and despite the club's large space, it was very packed. Hyuk looked at the dance floor and saw the boy who had dragged him there. The boy was currently dancing freely on the floor. Ravi was relatively easier to spot now since he had accidentally (and stupidly) dyed his hair mint blue last week. It was a mistake apparently, the older thought he had bought a golden brown hair dye and Hyuk genuinely thought it was ridiculous and also incredibly idiotic how one could confuse two clearly different colours. Ravi was a little insecure to go to Uni the next day but he received so many compliments from his friends (and even strangers),  he proudly proclaimed himself as the new fashionista. Hyuk thought he looked more like a walking cotton candy than anything, though, but whatever floated Ravi's boat.

Hyuk glanced around the club again and flinched at the harsh lighting, the constant flickering would really be the end of his semi perfect eyesight (he was short sighted). Hyuk sipped on the vodka again before putting it down, his face scrunched up. Man, he really hated the taste. The salt and lime juice around the rim didn't help soothe the bitterness either. It was already 10 pm and Hyuk couldn't wait to go home, to the warmth of his bed and the fully stocked fridge with better, tastier drinks courtesy of Taekwoon's impeccable taste. He sighed before slouching on the sofa he was sitting on. Ravi was smart enough to book a private room with a tinted glass so the others could not see what was going on inside, but the ones inside could see almost everything that was happening outside. The private rooms were usually booked for promiscuous agendas, but Hyuk was alone, only with his terrible vodka shots accompanying him and it was nowhere near promiscuous.


The door was suddenly opened with a loud click and in came a staggering mint haired boy. Hyuk looked up from his phone when he felt a weight next to him, all too close he could smell the alcohol wafting off him. "God, just how much did you drink?", Hyuk hissed before pushing Ravi away, trying to create some distance. The older boy started chuckling out of nowhere and Hyuk raised an accusatory eyebrow, "God", Hyuk said, "you're already out of it". Ravi giggled, "Y-y-ou called me God twice...", he slurred, I'm just Ravi~", he sing songed out of tune . Hyuk made a face and looked at his phone, trying to check the time. 11.30, the digital clock read and he decided it was time to go home. "Alright, get up", Hyuk said while standing up, "time to go home", he continued before poking the boy and Ravi obediently followed Hyuk's command. The older boy was thankfully not drunk enough to need support to walk and Hyuk was glad for that. Trying to whiz through the packed club alone was already headache inducing, so he couldn't imagine just how much more annoying it would be be if he had to out a drunken friend together with him. They were currently outside the club, and Ravi had already sobered up and was relatively more clear headed, and Hyuk assumed it was from all the pushing he got from other people when he tried to get out from the club, maybe someone accidentally knocked his head and made it function properly again. But then again, Ravi was quite known for his alcohol tolerance, so Hyuk wasn't really surprised. Hyuk looked around the club and sighed at the relatively empty road, they have been standing outside for 10 minutes and all throughout, not even one taxi passed by.

Ravi let out a yawn before patting Hyuk on the back, and the latter glanced his way. "We should go downtown, this part of of the city doesn't get cabs often", he explained sleepily. Hyuk raised an eyebrow, "Downtown? That's like 30 minutes away from here and that's by car", he emphasised. Ravi nodded at the known fact, "Yeah lets just walk there, there's no uphill so it shouldn't be exhausting", he said before walking away, leaving the younger frazzled. Hyuk gaped at his fellow roommate's retreating back before running off to his direction.


They've been walking for more than 15 minutes and Hyuk was tired. "Ugh, is this what you and Hongbin do usually?", Hyuk asked out of breath. Ravi chuckled at the younger boy's stamina (or lack thereof), "No, Kai usually drove us back home", he explained airily. Hyuk groaned, "You should've asked him to join today, we could be in a fully conditioned car right now, all comfortable and whatnot", Hyuk continued snappily. "If he could join, did you really think I would've asked you?", Ravi stated with a playful edge and Hyuk hissed at him in return. "Yeah yeah, you only look for me when no one else is available", Hyuk said back with an edge. He purposely fastened his steps, intentionally trying to outdo Ravi, so he didn't notice how the older boy's face had morphed into one of offence.

Ravi quickly increased his speed to catch up with Hyuk. "Wait is that what you think of me?", Ravi asked offended and Hyuk glanced his way. "Huh?", Hyuk asked, clearly confused as to what Ravi was referring to. "Just now, you said I only looked for you when no one else is available", Ravi explained. Hyuk let out an audible 'oh' before nodding, "Well, you don't really talk to me unless necessary," Hyuk stated, "so like, I'm a spare tyre more than anything", he shrugged. "Woah woah, what do you mean I don't talk to you?", Ravi squeaked, his voice higher than usual and his hands reached out to stop Hyuk from walking further. Hyuk sighed, "Can we just talk about this while walking? It's cold and I don't want to stay out longer than necessary", he said annoyed before slapping Ravi's hands off. Ravi skidded to keep up with the younger boy, "So? Explain", he said and he was glad Hyuk decided to decrease his speed so they were now walking comfortably. "There's nothing to explain, really", Hyuk said, "I've come terms to the fact that maybe you don't like me much so it's fine", Hyuk waved it off like it was nothing, clearly uncomfortable with the topic and he just, didn't really care anymore. "What made you come to that conclusion?", Ravi asked puzzled. He had never had any ill feelings towards Hyuk so it was honestly shocking how Hyuk thought he didn't like him. "What do you mean how?", Hyuk asked, his voice a little higher, "We don't even talk that much and whenever I do talk to you, you just wave me off", he stated with a clear, hard voice. "I mean, you made it crystal clear I was not welcomed when I first moved in. You only started acknowledging me when I offered you some peppero sticks", Hyuk huffed. Ravi opened his mouth to argue but Hyuk raised his left hand, a gesture to let him finish talking first and Ravi nodded, letting him. "And we rarely talk on a daily basis, and let's be real, you only asked me out today because your sidekick is sick, and your friends are probably busy, so you settled for me", Hyuk said, his voice laced with slight sadness, "and it's fine, really. Like I said, I've already accepted it. We're just housemates and it's okay", Hyuk finished shrugging. Ravi sighed at the explanation. "I'm sorry I made you feel that way", Ravi said and Hyuk hummed in response, "but honest from my heart, I've never disliked you", he continued, his voice an octave lower. "I admit that I was a bit wary of you when you first moved in", Ravi said, "but I have never hated you, as a matter of fact I think of you as my little brother", Ravi explained, his voice sincere. Hyuk giggled, "I accept your apology", he said, a little touched, "but I have a question", he stuttered out hesitantly. Ravi raised an eyebrow, no one accepted an apology that quick but he decided to trust Hyuk. He nudged Hyuk to continue talking. Hyuk took a deep breath, "When you said honest from your heart," he breathed out and Ravi hummed, waiting for him to continue, "do you honestly think you own a heart?", he deadpanned and Ravi gaped at the younger boy before slapping his back loudly. Hyuk let out a hearty laugh before running away giggling, and Ravi followed behind, also laughing away.


Fortunately for them, the moment they reached downtown, there were a lot of taxis around so they quickly hailed for one, both tired from walking. They were now in their familiar hallway of their shared apartment and Hyuk smiled contently as he put his shoes away on the rack. He couldn't wait to lay down and just doze off. He ran to his room and was just about to turn the knob when his body was pulled away. Hyuk staggered backwards before looking at the interrupter, "What?", he asked confused. "I meant what I said just now", Ravi said seriously. "And I meant what I said, can I go to bed now?", Hyuk said complete with a fake yawn to emphasise his tiredness. Ravi sniggered at the sight, "We should go out again, for bonding purposes", Ravi suggested before letting Hyuk go. The latter scrunched up his face in disgust, "Don't be gross", he said before opening the door and slamming it in the process. Ravi chuckled at the younger boy's reaction before walking away, a little relieved that their dispute (that he wasn't even aware of) was resolved. He opened his door and was about to walk in when he heard a click, a sign that a door was opened.

"Good night, hyung"

Ravi smiled.

"Good night, kiddo"

And he walked into his room smiling.

 


 Hello!

Ravhyuk is probably my fav dynamic in VIXX, next to Neo. The two are like actual brothers and their interactions always make me smile.

What about you guys? Who's your fav?? :D Who knows... maybe you'll get to see their focused chapter ;)

 See you soon! x