Who's The Culprit?

[HIATUS] ROOM VI

 

Ken was pissed, royally. He had a pretty long and strained day in Uni. It was as if the day wouldn't end. Yesterday night, he had to stay up until 5 am to finish up a project and he had to wake up exactly 2 hours later for class. He was exhausted and terribly sleep deprived, but most importantly, he was famished. He had been thinking about his leftover pepperoni pizza all day in Uni and the thought of eating it when he got back home was enough motivation for him to survive through the day.

However, he was met with an empty pizza box when he got back home and Ken wanted to explode right there and then. Not even crumbs were left, let alone a small slice. Ken looked at the empty box in despair, and he vowed to himself he'd find the culprit.


Hyuk came back home to see Ken sitting on the sofa, his brows furrowed and his face emitting obvious anger. Hyuk gulped. Ken was never angry, and even when he was, he never really showed it. Ken was the type to suppress his anger and take revenge quietly, he was definitely not the type to radiate anger and spread bad vibes to everyone, that job was already taken by Hongbin. Hyuk looked at the older boy and thought of fleeting back to the door, but the slight movement Ken's curled fists made was an enough indication that he was already spotted. Hyuk took a deep breath before walking to the living room, thinking of possibilities to walked past Ken without being noticed (even though he had been).

Ken let out a gruff cough and Hyuk froze his steps in the middle of the hallway. "Did you do it? Did you eat my pizza", Ken asked, his voice steady but Hyuk could hear the anger in his voice. "No?", Hyuk squeaked, honestly a little intimidated. Ken wasn't even looking at him, the former was just staring ahead, refusing to spare Hyuk a glance. Ken started to chuckle darkly and snapped his eyes to Hyuk, and the latter screeched at the sight. "You sure?", Ken asked, this time looking at Hyuk with glaring eyes and his voice was deeper than usual. Hyuk let out a hesitant nod, and Ken huffed in response. Hyuk looked at the older boy hesitantly before scurrying off to his room, his hands slamming the door out of intense fear and panic.


Hakyeon came home to a dark living room. He was sure some of the other tenants had came home before him since it was already 6 so he didn't understand why no one bothered to switch on the lights. The living room, although familiar, would emit some kind of dark aura whenever it was left in pure darkness. The curtains were drawn closed and Hakyeon stumbled his way around the dark living room, trying to find the light switch. Hakyeon moved his hand around the wall, trying to locate the switch and sighed in relief and annoyance when he felt the rough edges and flicked it open. Hakyeon let his eyes adjust to the sudden light and turned his head around and immediately screamed and stumbled forward. On the sofa right in front of him sat Ken, and the boy was currently glaring at him with his hands crossed and lips jutted out in an angry pout. Hakyeon steadied himself before returning Ken's glare, "What the hell?!", Hakyeon screeched. Had he known Ken was there the whole time he was struggling, he would've just told Ken to turn on the lights, which reminded him, "Why didn't you turn on the lights?!", Hakyeon asked, his voice laced with annoyance. Ken remained static in his position and his eyes were still directed and glaring at Hakyeon, "Did you eat my pizza?", he huffed. "What the..", Hakyeon crossed his arms on his body, "you're angry because someone ate your pizza?", Hakyeon prodded, his eyes scrutinising. He honestly thought Ken was being petty and overly dramatic, but this was Ken, his roommate whom he had spent so much time with so technically, he should've expected and adapted to it.

Hakyeon let out a sigh at Ken's lack of response and massaged his crinkled forehead, "I didn't eat your pizza", Hakyeon said slowly, "I didn't even know there was pizza in the first place", he continued and looked at Ken whose shoulders visibly relaxed a little. Ken knew Hakyeon was no food stealer, whenever he wanted others' food, he would at least 'steal' it with permission, either telling them beforehand or telling them after he had consumed it, complete with a sheepish smile and empty promises of "I'll pay you back for it". But still, Ken wanted to give Hakyeon the benefit of a doubt. Ken let out a throaty gruff before waving Hakyeon away, already ticking the older boy out of his suspect list and Hakyeon scoffed at the younger boy before walking away to his room, his mouth busy mumbling profanities, all directed towards his roommate.


Taekwoon was exhausted. He just got back from a soccer game his club organised and although it was a friendly game, his inner competitive beast just unleashed himself. Sadly though, they didn't win. Taekwoon honestly thought the referee was bribed when a clear offside was considered a goal, but he didn't want to just accuse someone blindly, so he just settled with the thought that maybe the referee was just terribly biased. Taekwoon let out a tired sigh before making his way to the kitchen, only to be stopped by a hard voice. Taekwoon abruptly stopped his steps before turning his head towards the living room. Ken was (still) at the living room, and was currently eyeing Taekwoon scrutinisingly. Taekwoon titled his head in question and Ken asked the same question he asked others, as if that was the only words he was programmed to say that day. Taekwoon clicked his tongue before shaking his head, "I'm pretty sure the last time I had pizza was months ago, so no, I don't think I ate your pizza", he answered nonchalantly before walking back to his initial destination, which was the kitchen. On his way home, Taekwoon had stopped by the mart to buy his favourite strawberry yogurt and had planned to eat it tomorrow morning with his cereal for breakfast. Taekwoon opened the fridge to put his yogurt away before smiling at the sight of stacked bottles of orange juice before Ken spoke again, "You sure?", the latter echoed from the living room, his voice clearly unconvinced. Taekwoon mentally snorted at the lack of trust before screaming back a "Positive, idiot!" and he left to his room with a bottle of orange juice in hand.


It was 10 pm and Ravi and Hongbin were buzzed by the time they got home. They went to a bar straight after dinner with Kai and Baekhyun. Ravi and Hongbin drank enough to feel slightly fuzzy but were still clear headed most of the time, their friends on the other hand were already drunk after the fifth bottle of soju. The two quickly stumbled their way through the hall, both mentally anticipating the warmth of their beds but was just as quickly stopped by a figure. Ravi looked up from the floor to see a scrunched faced Ken. The former slurred out a "What's up hyung" and Ken visibly winced at the drench of alcohol. "Did either of you stole my food?", Ken asked while holding Hongbin up, the latter was clearly more buzzed than Ravi, he was not one who could handle alcohol very well. "No", Hongbin whined, "I have my own food, now can you please move out of the way", he slurred annoyed while smacking Ken away. Ken hissed at him before stepping aside, Hongbin was still an to deal with even when he was drunk. Ravi shook his head at Ken lazily and followed Hongbin inside. Ken huffed at the two before walking back to his room, he didn't have the energy to interrogate two unresponsive drunkards.

Ken sighed. All of his effort was fruitless so he decided to just sleep his broken heart away. Maybe one day he would find the culprit, just not today.

。。。


It was 2 am. A tall figure walked out from his room after pulling an all nighter and walked to the kitchen straight away out of hunger. He opened the fridge and internally salivated at the sight of strawberry yogurt. He stealthily looked around his surrounding before chuckling quietly to himself. He opened the yogurt cup and quickly inhaled the content before letting out a refreshed 'ah'. He made his way to the bathroom and tossed the empty yogurt cup in the bin. It was his way of getting rid of his traces and evidence, since throwing it away in the kitchen would be too obvious. He walked back to his room as if nothing had happened and looked at the yogurt owner, who was also his roommate. He smirked at the sight before laying himself down on his bed and drifted away in satisfaction. He hoped he wouldn't get caught this time too, since dealing with Taekwoon would be even more difficult.

 


Hello! Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been a little occupied with life. Also, I hope you figured out who the culprit is ;) I think it's pretty obvious but if anyone's confused, I would suggest going back to chapter 7 and scroll all the way down, I already wrote down the roommates equation there.

P/s: This chapter was not edited so I apologise for any errors! See you n_n