A Normal Day

[HIATUS] ROOM VI

 

Sanghyuk stared at his two same aged housemates who were currently sprawled on the living room floor, hungover from last night's escapades (that he did not join because he was apparently still a baby thus incapable to join their adventures). He made his way to the kitchen and was greeted by Taekwoon who was busy making breakfast. "Do you want strawberry or peanut butter?" Taekwoon asked without taking his eyes off the slightly burnt toast, just how Hyuk liked it. "Both", he replied. Taekwoon was the official cook of the house, or more like he was the only one who actually cooked in the apartment; everyone else didn't really mind eating McDonald's or ramen on a daily basis. Both of them ate breakfast together in complete silence and besides Leo's subpar cooking, Hyuk also liked how he could sit in comfortable silence with his hyung because add the others into the equation, serenity wasn't even an option anymore so he appreciated times like these.

Taekwoon watched Hyuk munching on his toast and smiled to himself. He had always wanted a younger brother so when Hyuk rang the doorbell a few months back, asking if there was an available room for rent, Taekwoon said yes right away. Hyuk was the latest and thankfully the last addition to the house and although things were awkward at first (since Leo made the decision himself without consulting the other tenants), Hyuk settled in rather quickly. Hyuk and the noisy Ken especially got along fast, always cracking jokes and eating all kinds of food together. Hongbin and Ravi weren't quite accepting of the newcomer at first but later warmed their hearts (if they have any) to the younger boy, granted that Hyuk bribed his way in with food and video games but that's besides the point. Hakyeon on the other hand straight away suffocated the youngin with excessive affection ever since he saw him. 

"Do you have class today?" Taekwoon asked while fumbling with his phone, trying to take a picture of his toast to upload on Instagram. "Yeah, in the afternoon. Why?" Hyuk replied, inwardly snickering at the sight of Taekwoon tilting his phone weirdly. He knew what the older one was trying to do and although not against it ('I don't judge', he once said) he still found it ridiculous. He once saw Taekwoon rearranging stuff and taking photos at MySpace angle with much mojo. The process that went behind the photos were excessive, he thought, but Taekwoon's photos were nice so he guessed all that struggle was worth it.
"What time? I can drop you off, I'm going out later" Taekwoon replied, finally finished with his photography session and was currently typing his caption in. "Is 12 ok with you?" Hyuk replied, reaching for his already third toast, it wasn't burnt to his taste but it sufficed, he was really hungry.
"Yeap" The older one replied with emphasis on the P, and left to his room.

 

It was already one in the afternoon and Hyuk and Taekwoon had already left the apartment. Hongbin woke up with a groan and a headache and looked at Ravi, who was snoring beside him. He sighed, he was starting to regret going club hopping with Ravi last night. He got up from the floor, staggering a bit and made his way to the kitchen to quench his extreme thirst. His head started throbbing so he sat down on one of the stools at the counter and massaged his head. He really shouldn't have drank so much last night, not when he had to leave to Uni later to meet up with his group mates for a group project. He was suddenly smacked at the back so he quickly turned around, the action further throbbing his head and glared at the intruder.

"Are you glaring at me?" Hakyeon asked, "You look like " Hakyeon added, not giving him a chance to answer his earlier question so Hongbin just groaned in response. Hakyeon opened the counter above the sink, reached for some painkillers and threw them on the counter. Hongbin muttered a thanks and gulped down the pills in a beat. The older male sat down in front of Hongbin and picked up a toast. "It's so burnt", he complained and Hongbin was about to rebut and say that the toast was probably for Hyuk when Hakyeon complained again, "Why don't we have chocolate spread?", "Taekwoon is so biased, he only buys what he likes" Hongbin looked at older male who was nagging his afternoon away and got up to leave since the nagging was only making his headache worse. "Where are you going?" Hakyeon asked while eating the toast, eyes set on his phone. "University" Hongbin replied and fled before Hakyeon started talking again.

Ken walked into the apartment and was met with silence. It was three in the evening and he just got back from University. He walked into the living room and dumped his bag on the couch, not even sparing the snoring Ravi a glance. He was starving, he had back to back classes since 11am and it was torturous, he even slept out of hunger during his last class and lucky for him, his professor didn't notice. Ken honestly wondered what kind of monster would schedule classes like that, he didn't mind 2 hours of Economics but without a break?!
He quickly made his way to the kitchen and grumbled in disappointment when he saw nothing on the counter. Taekwoon would usually leave some leftovers behind so he was quite sad to see that the older one didn't leave anything today. You really don't know what you've got until it's gone, he thought sullenly. Ken decided to stop sulking and made cup ramen, before leaving to his room to sleep his exhaustion away.

It was 8 in the evening and everyone was back in the apartment, doing their own thing.

And Ravi was still snoring in the living room.