Chapter Seven

Fluttering Hearts

 "How long is this going to take? I can't deal with that jerkcoming near me again. I'd rather kill myself then date him." Seyoung complained.

"At least a week. You need your energy to actually move freely around, you know. One does not simply tralala off to school after being nearly killed by an imposter." Jackson remarked, making her laugh.

"Well, how do I get rid of him, then?" She asked.

"Try to make a truce. Something smart. Come on, he can't be that annoying." Jackaon replied.

"He acts all protective it makes me cringe. Honestly, it's so cheesy I mistook him for a romance novel." Seyoung shook her head. 

"Like it's going to get any worse. Try it. Maybe he'll stop being a bother to you. I've seen it happen before, and trust me, it all works out in the end." Jackson said.

"I don't know, Son. Maybe." She shrugged. 

"Hey, DON'T call me that! How many times have I told you, it does NOT suit me?" Jackaon cried.

"What? It just slipped out of my mouth, okay Sonnie?" She grinned.

"If that's how you wanna play it, then fine, Pookie!" Jackson did a little victory dance.

"How dare you call me that? We made a deal!" She shrieked.

"Who broke it first?"

"Fine, I won't call you Son." Seyoung gave up, pouting.

At that moment, Minji, Haram, Kilo, Shingoo, and Maeyeol burst in to the room. They were carrying gianormous gift boxes and boquets. Jackson stepped back cautiously to a corner.

"SEYOUNG-AH!! WE WERE SO WORRIED WHEN YOU DIDN'T SHOW UP WE THOUGHT YOU DIED!!" Minji wrapped Seyoung in a bear hug. 

"What happend? Is it a fever?"

"Did you faint?"

"You look so pale, are you feeling better?"

Seyoung smiled. Friends, eh? They aren't so bad after all.

"I'm fine. Just a bit...weak." she responded.

Jackson was observing them silently from afar. He noticed one girl, who was talking to Seyoung like she was her long-time best friend. 

She doesn't look so bad...

Maeyeol caught Jackson staring at her. She shot him a surprise glance. 

Who's this? Some thief!

They were eyeing each other when Kilo pointed to Jackson. She looked like she had seen a ghost up close. Not that ghosts wear bright red snap-backs and HIPHOP FOR LYF t-shirts.

"Who's that? Do you know him? Is he good? Is he bad? We can throw him out if you want."

"He's a friend of mine. We were friends since long ago." Seyoung looked at Jackson, who cleared his throat and stepped forward. He introduced himself,  and everyone clapped. Everyone except Maeyeol.

He's suspicious. This guy might be shady.

She smiled without putting much effort of sincereness into it.

When everyone got to know each other, they were having a great conversation. The topic kept changing, though, from schools, to hobbies, to music, to birds, to fears, to dreams, and so on.

Everyone was talking about their dream career when the bell rang through the entire campus. It was time for them to go.

"Take care, we'll come again tomorrow! And open all the gifts we got you, okay! We had a hard time sneaking outside for that." Haram said, hugging Seyoung one last time, before they all went outside.

"It's about time I took a break from babysitting." Jackson pretend-yawned. They talked for a while, before he went outside as well, but not before making Seyoung drink her medicine.

"Yixing stayed up all night making this, you know. Poor guy blames it on himself for not noticing anything sooner than he did." he said.

Seyoung was able to stand up and walk after that, but only for a while. Soon, she felt weak again, and had to go back to bed.

When Jackson left, she took her cellphone and played Winter Sonata on her virtual piano, which was, as a matter of fact, missing some notes. Anyhow, when she was done, she decided to sleep.

*TWO AFTERNOONS LATER*

It was another typical sick day, and her friends had their round of visiting with more letters from their classmates, which Seyoung read. Each one was different, and handwritten.

It was Yixing's turn to look after Seyoung today, since Jackson looked like a panda with his dark circles. He had slept the moment he hit the bed, and hadn't woke up until 15 hours later.

"You can go, too. I mean, I can take care of myself, can't I? The tonic you made works perfectly fine, and I can walk now, and stuff. You did save me." Seyoung said.

Yixing had been staying with Seyoug for more than a day, and insisted that she needed someone to watch over her. Seyoung, on the other hand, convinced him to get some rest because she was doing okay now.

And she got her way in the end, when he gave up and went. But not before making her promise to have her medicine daily, and that he will check on her.

When Yixing left, Seyoung got up from her bed and walked out of the room. Seeing so much white had blinded her eyes, she could do with with some color for a while, thank you very much.

She went to the balcony, carrying the clutches Jackson made her carry whenever she walked. He kept saying that her feet were still not healed well enough.

She carried it with her anyway, since she didn't see any harm in not doing so. Besides, it did hurt when she stood for too long.

"It's pretty.." she thought out loud, gazing at the campus, which now, somehow had more land than marble. It reminded her of a farm, without the animals, and the barn.

"Isn't it?" A voice said, startling Seyoung.

She looked to see Jongin standing behind her. Again.

"Can you stop doing that?" She glared.

"Don't you like it when I surprise you?" He smiled, to which Seyoung glared even more. He hadn't popped up anywhere near her yesterday, maybe because Yixing never dared to leave her side.

"No, I dont." She said, still glaring. Jongin sighed, and went to lean on the railings beside her. 

"Why do you hate me so much?" He asked.

"Why? I'm sorry, is that even a question? You know exactly why I hate you. You don't just kiss someone who you barely know, let alone bother them all the time! And it doesn't make sense to call someone yours after biting them either! What are you, a crocodile? Do you know how annoying it is? Why can't you stop acting so possesive  when I'm not ing yours! Everytime I see you, I feel like punching you in the face so hard you faint! You think you're so good, well guess what? You're nothing but a possesive ! I'd rather kiss sidewalk gum than to kiss you again!" Seyoung screamed, but regretted it the instant the words can!e out of .

He looked at her, the hurt and sadness clearly showing on his face. She was taken aback, never having seen him like this before.

"S-sorry..I didn't mean to say all that, it just....came out.." She felt very guilty all of a sudden, and found herself wishing that she never said anything.

"Why don't you love me back?" He asked, looking at her staright in the eye.

"What?" It occured then, to her that she had never really thought about it. At least, not until now. He was a nice person, any girl would love to be with him.

But not if he goes all weird and stalker-like on her. Neither if he looks like a charcoal copy of her dead boyfriend. She wondered if he knew, but decided that he must not know about it.

"I have told you so many times that I love you. I really do. Why don't you love me back? Why can't you love me back?" He asked. They both knew that she couldn't run away from his question.

"I don't..I don't fall in love fast...? It takes time to understand the feelings of someone else before I can actually love them. I don't know if the person is special or just another random guy when I first talk to him." She tried to explain.

"Am I not special enough? Do I look ugly?" He asked, as the tension in the atmosphere increased.

Seyoung kicked herself for say that. It looked like he was going to go somewhere and cry or something, she thought. 

He wasn't like this the last time I saw him. Why are you going all crybaby on me now? Okay, forget it. Inhale. Exhale. Just be nice. I can be a nicer, kinder.....person.

"No! Of course not! Why do you think that? You're a great guy. I'm sure there are plenty of other girls out there who'd want you to love them." She tried to compliment him.

"But I want you." He said. She noticed that he wasn't smirking or anything. He looked like he meant what he was saying this time.

What? Come on, why me? I'm not even good at this stuff, you're joking, right?

"No, I'm not. I'm very serious," He said.

Seyoung widened her eyes. 

How did he know that? Hey, can you read my mind? Can you hear me?

"Your eyes show what you're thinking. It's pretty obvious to me. Your eyes are really expressive." He answered.

What a weirdo.

Seyoung cleared . She looked away for a moment.

Jackson's idea...should I try it?

His face from earlier appeared in her mind.

I should.

"Hey...uh..Jongin?" she tried not to sound obvious or anything.

"Yes?" He looked hopeful. She sighed.

"I'll go on one date with you-"

"REALLY?" His face lighted up as if someone had lit fireworks in his head. The corners of his mouth turned up as his lips formed a smile. A genuine, happy smile.

"....Yes. But on one condition." She said.

"What?" He asked.

"Just...don't pop up everwhere." She said, holding her breath.

"If it means a date with you, then of COURSE I'll stop it!" He cried, giggling like a 5 year old.

Pfft, when did he become so childish?

"You won't jump up again, right?" He asked, still smiling.

"Hey, that WASN'T a date! Fine, I won't go anywhere." She sighed. Before she knew what was going on, he pecked her cheek before vanishing again.

"YA! I TOLD YOU.....oh, never mind." She found herself smiling.

That was easier than I thought.

Her phone beeped. She looked at it.

When are we going on the date? Tomorrow? The day after tomorrow? I can't wait~ x3 

When did he know her number? Oh well. She made her way back to the room. She had had enough going outside. 

What do you even do at dates?

She couldn't wait. Not to go on the date, but to bombard Jackson with questions as soon as he came. She had watched a couple of dramas where girls wear dresses when they go on dates. 

Me? In a dress? Not happening.

She opened the door to find some one waiting for her. He got up immediately.

It was Sehun.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Man, Sehun just had to show up. x.x

Yay! Seyoung goes on a date with Kai soon! ^^

Hopefully nothing goes wrong. >:D