Chapter Twenty

Fluttering Hearts

The moment she landed on the spotless white floor, Seyoung thought of going back. The very thought of being inside someone else's mind freaked her out, but in the end it was all for the greater purpose, so she looked around.

And saw who she came looking for. It was all completely new to her and she had no idea how things worked here. Was she supposed to go to him? Go back? She gathered her courage and called out his name.

"Luhan!" 

The boy didn't bat an eyelash as he continued staring at the man standing infront of him.

The man?

Bit by bit, everything started to become clear. It felt like all along, she had been looking at a picture that was out of focus. Both of them had expressionless faces as they kept staring at each other.

Suddenly, the man turned his head and smiled at her. 

Usually, smiles make people feel warm, happy and cared for. This one smile, however, was the exact opposite. Infact, she didn't even know what it did to her, as she staggered backwards and felt herself falling.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling.

She woke up with a jolt, and stayed still for a bare moment, before she began panting, her chest heaving up and down in rapid sequences, and her hands clutching the sheets like they were her lifeline.

Sehun, who was the only person standing there, panicked and began looking inside the cabinets hoping for an antidote Lay might have prepared for times like this. With no avail, Seyoung closed her eyes, and once more, drifted off into unconciousness. He told her to hold on and ran out of the infirmary like lightening to bring Lay, who had been called earlier by Xiumin to help heal his broken leg.

At this moment, a figure walked inside the infirmary, calm as ever. In his hand was an injection which didn't look the least bit helpful. It was filled to the rim with an unappealing grey-brown liquid.

Luhan didn't say a word as he injected it the arm of Seyoung, who had no idea of what was happening. He stood back, observing the liquid work itself through her nerves and into her bloodstream. 

A smile formed on his lip as her body began turning inhumanly white, and her skin began turning crumbly and paper-like. Her eyebrows were furrowed together, and it looked like she was struggling to hold her ground.

"Relax, it'll be less painful this way." He whispered.

She finally gave in, as the blood vessels on her arms began turning black, as eventually all of them turned pitch-black. He took out a knife from his pocket and leaned over her, rolling the sleeve of her hoodie and drawing three straight lines on her arm. He clutched the blade of the knife and let his own blood flow onto her arm. He took out a small bottle and collected it, before walking out.

Soon after, Sehun and Lay came inside. Neither of them could hide the look of surprise and terror on their faces, as Sehun noticed the small pool of blood beside the bed. He took her dangling arm in his, and stared at her face.

No, this couldn't be her sister. 

It just couldn't.

Lay hurried to stop the bleeding, as Sehun stood back, watching him. A single tear rolled down his face, as he wiped it with the sleeve of his shirt.

Big brothers shouldn't cry.

His phone beeped, and Sehun took it out. It was a message from Jongin.

'Hyung are you still there? Is Seyoung okay?'

"No."

"What do you mean?"

Sehun didn't need to reply for Jongin to come bursting inside the infirmary. He, like the other two, stood without moving for quite some time, before finding the courage to speak again.

"Who was it?" He asked, his voice quiet.

"Do you need an answer to that?" Sehun replied.

"What he means to say is that, it's probably the person who we're after. He obviously kept track of everything going on at this moment to time this well, but we won't be able to know who she saw until she wakes up." Lay explained.

He had drawn out the venom from her body, and took it to the basement to examine it more closely. 

It took a day before colour made its way to her face, and her eyes opened once more. Jongin was asleep with his head resting on her arm. Her heart was beating normally again, and it felt like she had been awakened after a long time. 

Slowly turning her head, she felt a small smile forming on her lips as she listened to the steady sound of his breathing, and watched the way his eyes fluttered open. He looked around like a lamb lost in the forest.

Of course, his expression changed competely when he understood what was going on.

"You're awake!" He cried, wrapping her in a tight hug.

"I guess I am." She smiled, getting up. Her head felt a little dizzy, but otherwise, she was doing fine.It took her a while to convince him to let her go, but in the end he gave in.

She put on her sneakers and walked out of the infirmary, thinking of it as being released from jail. She hadn't talked to the girls as well, and didn't know what she should do next. 

Admist walking back to her rom, her feet began itching quite a lot, much to her annoyance. Stopping at the empty classroom she was passing, Seyoung sat down on one of the chairs and took off her sneakers. 

To her utmost horror, her shoes were stained in blood. There were thumb pins stabbed right into the insides of her feet, and without thinking, she plucked one of them out. 

OWWW OUCH OUCH WHAT DID I JUST DO OH SEYOUNG YOU DOWNRIGHT FOOL

Her cry rang out through the empty corridors, as she began plucking all of them without paying much attention to the pain she was going through. She tossed them into the bin and sort of hopped her way back to her infirmary. 

Luckily for her, no one was there.

She applied the medicine and wrapped the bandages all by herself, and sighed in relief once she was done. There was one problem that she hadn't come across until she was don with everything: the shoes. Of course, dumping them into the bin would be the easy way out, but Lay came here everyday, and right now she did not want anyone finding out about this.

She wore the slippers placed beside the bed and wrapped her blood-stained sneakers in a bundle of tissues and went to her room. She decided to take a shower before changing into a white shirt and black jeggings. She pulled on a pair of bright pink high tops, and looked at herself through the mirror. Her dyed hair looked a bit too comfortable, so she decided to get rid of the blue steaks and dye her hair black again.

It seemed like luck was on her side because Minji had black hair dye with her, and helped Seyoung with it. A few hours later, she looked like a foreigner in her eyes. She had yet to get used to this after a long time. 

But she felt that she would.

Ring Ring..

"Hello?" She said into the phone.

"Looking pretty." 

"Wha-"

Beep.

"Oh, great. Perfect. Just perfect." She sighed, glancing at the screen. It was a new number. She had blocked every number that he had called from, but there was always a new one.

Always.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IK it's been too long. :l But on the bright side, this means that I'll be updating a lot. >:) Everyone, hwaiting~! :D (I'm listening to HA:TFELT (Wonder Girls' Yenny) - Ain't Nobody these days. The song is nothing like the usual concept, and it stands out almost magically. Nevertheless, it's a beautiful song, I'd appreciate it if you check it out. =] )