Chapter Twenty One

Fluttering Hearts

With a jolt, Jongin woke up to the darkness of his room. Of course, it was only night. He hadn't an idea why he had gotten so severe a headache earlier, but all the pain vanished the moment he saw her.

The familiar fealing of queasiness and butterflies in his stomach overtook him when she asked him how his days was. It was amazing how just staring at her made him feel so lucky. So lucky to be able to call her his. 

She would never know how special she was. She would never understand how beautiful she is, no matter how many times he told her.

She would never know how much she meant to him.

Truth be told, Jongin had never really thought of falling in love. Even when he was a kid, the closest he had come to developing feelings for a girl was when he saved a girl from drowning in the swimming pool. He had wanted to protect her. But that was it.

Now, it was different.

The very moment he had seen her, he knew his life had changed.

The nightmare he had just escaped from had been erased in seconds. He decided to go back to sleep. After jalf an hour he still hadn't got a wink of sleep, and decided to call Seyoung instead.

On the sixth ring, he heard a sleepy voice greet him over the phone.

"Hello?"

He smiled.

"Seyoung-ah, I can't sleep."

"Close your eyes and stay still."

"But I've tried that! And I still can't sleep!"

"Count 800 sheep then."

"I counted 900."

"Pretend to sleep."

"But I can't~!"

"Okay, then. Why do you think you can't sleep?"

"Maybe because I'm missing you too much."

"Oh for the love of god, Kim Jongin, it's only 3 am."

Though tired and half asleep, Seyoung cracked a smile.

"I'm not even joking. You have no idea how much I'm missing you right now. I think I'm jealous."

"Of who?"

"Your pillow. It gets free hugs from you every night."

He heard her laughing. 

"Okay, goodnight. I think I'll be able to sleep now."

"Make sure you do. Night."

BEEP.

He lazily tossed his phone beside him and closed his eyes, the smile still not having left his face. Who knew? Maybe there really was a future for them.