Chapter Six

Fluttering Hearts

It was raining again. The campus was completely empty, and all the classes were cancelled. Why? It all happened because of the death of Moo Jaejoong, the principal of Jaejoong Arts Academy. 

Seyoung was sitting on her bed, legs crossed, eyes closed, and listening to An Old Song - Kim Dong Ryul. She didn't want to see her brother.

Her phone beeped. She glanced at it. A message from Sehun. For the seventeenth time this morning. She ignored it for the seventeenth time, already knowing what was written.

On the other side of the campus, Sehun sighed.

Looks like she isn't willing to talk. Maybe she isn't ready. I doubt she'll show up at the funeral.

He switched off his phone and stared outside through his window. It was still raining like it wouldn't stop. He knew, for one thing, that it wouldn't.

He got up. If texting wasn't enough, he would go to her room. It was about time they had a talk, face to face. He whistled a tune he picked up from somewhere last year. He had been doing that for who knows how long.

As he stood infront of her room's door, he decided to leave her a voicemail. Raising the phone to his lips, he gently said,

"Don't you think you should atleast listen to what I have to say? Either you come out, or I'm going in." He pressed send. It wasn't even three seconds after he sent it that he heard a click. She had locked the door.

"Goddamnit Oh Seyoung, why do you have to be so fiesty?!" Sehun said out loud. He went back to his room, and decided to sleep until the funeral.

*6 HOURS LATER*

Everyone had shown up at the funeral. Sehun kept his eyes peeled for Seyoung. It had been 30 minutes since people had started coming. He finally gave up. It wasn't like she was going to come anyway,

Coward.

It was at that moment that she came. Dressed in a decently long black dress, with black pumps and her silver necklack. He noticed that she was wearing makeup.

Somebody's cried too much.

She went to other side of the campus, where her friends were. It looked like she wasn't going to talk to EXO after all. Chanyeol who had been next to Sehun the entire time, sighed.

The funeral carried on for hours, and everyone was crying. Except for Seyoung, that is. Her friends had brought Make Them Cry crying powder for her as well, but she had decided to put on a stone face  and not do anything.

Afterwards, everyone went to their rooms. Seyoung did too, but remembered that she had left her mp3 player in her locker before coming here. She made her way to the lockerroom, humming silently.

She opened her locker and took the mp3 player out. It was a present from Taehyung on her 15th birthday. She closed the locker slowly, and turned around to leave. Only to be greeted by Jongin.

"Where is my answer?" He asked, putting one hand around her waist and pulling her closer to him. He looked different this time. Was it his eyes? The way his voice sounded when he spoke? Seyoung's breathing started getting heavy.

Why the hell does he have to look like Kai?

Before she could do anything, Jongin smashed his lips against hers. He had waited so long for this. Her innocent lips felt so perfect with his.

He pulled her even closer. He could feel her resisting, but knew he was too powerful. He could feel her eventually giving up as he moved down to her neck, freely exploring every inch of it.

He could hear soft moans as he on a small part of her skin, making sure it got bruised. When he let go, sure enough, there was a purple mark on her neck.

"There. You're mine now. Remember that." He smirked, before leaving.

Seyoung still felt dazed.

What the just happened?

She felt like she wasn't in control anymore. She felt like she was being controlled. She had not the slightest clue as to why she had just let him do that. She didn't know what to do anymore. Tears started falling.

I'm ruined.

She looked at herself through the mirror on the opposite wall. Her hair was a mess. Her make-up was smeared. Her lips quivered, as she saw the mark he had left on her neck.

You're mine now.

Why was she so powerless? Why? She stormed back to her room. Thankfully, she didn't meet anyone on her way there. She wanted to run away. She wanted to go as far away from him as possible.

Not just him, but her brother as well. And EXO. She didn't want any of it. She just wanted to run away. She wanted a normal life.

I should go. I should just go.

Picking up her cellphone, she dialled a number she hadn't since 5 years. It wasn't long before someone picked up, and a voice greeted her.

"Long time no see, Seyoung." Jackson Wang said. 

"I need to go. I've had enough of this." She said. She could hear a chuckle at the other end of the line.

"Well, well, who was it this time? It couldn't have been your brother, now, could it?" Jackson asked, mockingly.

"Yes, my brother, Jackson. And not just him, everyone here is driving me nuts. Especially...." Seyoung shivered at the memory.

"Especially?"

"Kim Jongin." She said.

"The doppleganger?" Jackson sounded worried all of a sudden, and his voice became gentle.

"Yes, him. He asked me if I would date him. To which I refused, right there and then. But he was gone before I even said it. Teleportation and all that.

Today was the principal's funeral, and I went to the lockerroom afterwards to get my mp3 player. And guess who was also there? That's right, Kim ing Jongin was there.

And guess what else? He kissed me, Jackson! For the SECOND FREAKING TIME!! HOW CAN HE?!?! And he left a giant purple mark on my neck. "You're mine now." Why should I be his? Was that some kind of contract seal or what? I look worse than Barney the goddamn Dinosaur now. URGH!" Seyoung was so angry by now, she nearly crushed her cellphone.

"Woah. Calm down, Seyounggie. Looks like he's gotten to you. As for the kiss, you didn't run away? No knee to the crotch? Did you enjoy it, perhaps?" Jackson asked, mockingly.

He laughed when he heard a long silence at the other end.

"Stop laughing, Jackson, it's not funny! It still hurts!" Seyoung whined.

"He's played well, alright, but when did you get so weak? You know that it's not Kai, right?" Jackson stopped laughing.

"Yes, I do. But, it's just....I don't know. It's like I go under this....trance when he comes close. I want to escape, but then...I just...can't. I don't know what's real anymore. I don't know myself anymore. Jackson, what do I do? He's ruined me." She started crying once more. Bitter, cold tears.

"Listen, Seyoung, I still don't think you should leave. You're running away from your life. Come on, you need to face this. I'll help you." Jackson tried to persuade her.

"How do I face this? My brother's a betrayer, EXO is a goddamn bunch of liars, Kim Jongin is pure evil, everyone here is screwed. I don't think I can stay here for very long. I need to leave." Seyoung said.

"Not EXO as a whole is evil. There are still good people there. Yixing for instance. Or Tao. Even Kyungsoo keeps in touch. You didn't see all 12 of them there, did you?" Jackaon said.

"Does that make this place any safer?" Seyoung asked in an as-a-matter-of-fact manner.

"Fine, I'll arrange it. Just, come prepared, okay? Last time was bad enough. I'm not lending you my clothes again." Jackson snapped.

"Sir yes sir. And Jackson?" 

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. You're the only one I have."

"Is that a compliment? The only one, eh? Do I hear a confession 5 miles away? Is it honeymoons and glory already?"

"Accept it while I'm being nice, you ert!"

"Psh, you're welcome. Anyway, it's midnight. Deal?"

"Deal."

"We'll see each other soon. Bye."

"Bye."

Seyoung heard a click at the other end of the line, before she hung up. Tonight was about to get interesting. She needed to prepare herself for the journey.

Jackson went over their conversation in his head. She sounded like she was on the edge of the cliff. Again.

Not again. Please, not again.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hello?"

"Oh, hi! What's up?"

"How are you?"

"I'm doing great! In fact, I even got myself a new car. I like this model a lot. Plus, everyone in my family agrees with me this time about going to L.A, so I guess I'll be going pretty soon. How's everything for you?"

"I'm.....good. It was nice talking with you. Have fun at L.A."

Beep.

His family had agreed to send him abroad to study, and it was their last dinner together before his parents went to Dubai for a business event.

"Son, I heard that Seyoung called?"

"Yes, she did. Why?"

"It's probably nothing, but her parents are worried. Taehyung told me that she hasn't been outside much lately. I just feel that something might happen to her."

"I'm sure she's fine, dad."

"If you say so."

He waved them goodbye, and decided to finish his work, for which, he stayed up late. Jackson was busy designing his art project that night when his phone rang. He picked it up, not sure who could be calling at such an hour.

"Jackson Wang?" 

"Yes, Jackson here. Who are you?"

"This is the police. We are at Yongguk Memorial Hospital. A girl tried to commit suicide by jumping off the top of a building, she is immensely injured but will survive. She kept saying your name while she was unconscious."

His heart felt like it was about to stop.

"What is the name of the girl?"

He held his breath.

"Oh Seyoung."

"I'll be right there."

When Jackson reached the hospital, her parents were already there. Jungkook was crying on Taehyung's shoulder, who tried not to cry. A doctor came out of the room, and motioned to Jackson to go inside.

"She is falling in and out of conciousness. Be careful, don't surprise her."

He opened the door to find Seyoung covered in bandages. He could catch a glimpse of her arms, which were terribly bruised. Her hair was cut up to her shoulders, and her eyes were closed. There were Band-Aids covering various parts of her face, and she looked like she was in pain.

Jackson sat on the stool beside her bed. He stared at her, tears slowly rolling his cheeks.

"Seyoung-ah, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.."

*7 HOURS LATER*

It was 11:45PM now. Seyoung had packed her backpack. She left behind most of what she had brought, knowing she wouldn't need it. She didn't bother writing a goodbye letter, or whatever they called it.

She went to the hidden wall behind the main gate, and stood there, playing Candy Crush on her phone. After about four minutes, she got so involved in the game, that she didn't notice that someone else had come.

Three minutes before it was 12:00, someone called her name.

Seyoung looke up, startled. It was Luhan.

"Do you know what you're doing?" He said. He sounded angry, hateful. Fire burning in his eyes. He snapped, and Seyoung felt something stop inside of her. She put one hand to her chest, and widened her eyes in horror.

Her heart wasn't beating anymore.

"Don't worry, you won't die just yet. I'll make sure you last until every inch of your body is crushed, inside."

Luhan smirked. "That's what you get for causing all the pain to him."

"Who?" Seyoung asked, her voice was muffled, however, as the air inside her lungs started to escape from .

"Your brother." Luhan replied.

By now, blood was coming out of Seyoung's mouth, it wasn't long before her nose started bleeding as well. She couldn't believe it.

"I.....w-wa........yu...?" She couldn't even speak properly anymore, as filled with blood. She felt something cut against her vocal cordes. She was on the ground, at his feet. 

She felt something sharp cut her arms, as blood started flooding out.

"Are you surprised? I told him he shouldn't have bothered." Luhan laughed. A heartless, cruel, cold laugh, as Seyoung began crying blood.

"LUHAN!!" was the last thing Seyoung heard before she felt herself black out. Tao was beside Yixing, who glared at Luhan through the dark.

"ARE YOU ING CRAZY?!? WHY DID YOU EVEN DO THAT??! COME TO YOUR SENSES LUHAN!" He screamed. Tao snapped his fingers, and time stopped. That is, except for Yixing, Seyoung, and himself. Yixing ran over to Seyoung and examined her.

Tao put a binding spell on Luhan. He mumbled something and black smoke began to escape from Luhan's mouth, followed by his nose and eyes. Tao waved his hand over it and snapped his fingers. Almost immediately, the smoke vanished into thin air, and Luhan collapsed onto the ground.

". She's almost done for." He began healing her wounds, but realised that he needed more power than that to keep her alive. It was just then, that Jackson teleported himslef through the portal. The first thing he said when he saw Seyoung was, "."

"Jackson! When did you come? Anyway, help me, will you? Her heart won't function for long. We need to keep her alive, and I can't do this by myself." Yixing said.

Jackson kneeled beside Yixing and began healing Seyoung as well.

"More than happy to help. She can't die, not yet." Jackaon said, concentrating. They spent a long time, almost 3 hours, fully healing Seyoung. It was hard because Luhan had done so much damage to her.

"Let's take her to the infirmary. She needs time to recover." Jackson said, and Yixing and Tao, who had been silently praying in his head for her safety, nodded.

Seyoung woke up with a startle. It took her a while to remember what had happened. It was morning. She found Yixing and Jackson asleep next to each other. She noticed that Tao was at the other side of the room, doing push-ups.

Push-ups?

He suddenly raised both  his legs in the air, and continued doing pushups. Seyoung had never seen anything like that in her life. At least, not live. She had seen it on TV shows and books. She had even tried to do it, but failed. Miserably.

But Tao, Tao looked like he was enjoying it. He looked serious, but you could see a strange sense of relaxation in his eyes.

When he noticed that she was awake, and watching him, he immediately got up, embarassed. 

"I...uh...was just...nevermind. Are you okay?" His face grew concerned.

"I'm fine..I guess. Just a bit lethargic and dizzy. Hey, can you teach me that?" She said. She was surprised to hear herself, because her voice sounded so quiet, and weak.

"I don't think you should talk too much. But, teach what?" He asked.

"The push-ups with both legs in the air thing. I've always wanted to do it. You looked like you're an expert back there. Real legend-ish. Like a Dothraki Man Warrior." Seyoung smiled. Tao looked at her for a moment.

"Ei, I'll teach you even if you don't praise me. It's okay, I know I still need practice." Tao said, his face turning red.

"But it's really true. I thought you were pretty cool back there." Seyoung tried to lift her right hand up to give him a thumbs-up, but felt like it weighed a hundred tons.

Nevertheless, she felt like she could talk freely with Tao. He didn't put so much pressure on her, like some EXO members did. 

Tao turned redder than a beetroot, when Yixing and Jackson woke up.

They both went to her bedside. 

"Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" Jackson asked.

"Not really." Seyoung said.

"You need rest though. I'll make kimchi stew for you. It's supposed to help." Yixing said, before leaving the room. Tao followed. Jackaon checked her heart rate by placing his hand on her forehead.

What is he doing?

"You're doing well. I'll be back, okay. Try to rest more." he said, before exiting the room as well.

Seyoung was alone now. She looked around, everything was white. It feltl ike a hospital ward here. Flashbacka of what happened to her the night before played right before her eyes.

I told him he shouldn't have bothered with you.

How can Luhan be so heartless?

Here she was, stuck in this hell-hole of a school again. Stuck with Oh Sehun. Stuck with EXO. Stuck with Kim Jongin. She touched her neck slowly. It still hurt where he had bit her.

You're mine now.

She quickly brushed it off. But there was a small doubt at the back of her head. A small voice, which had asked her the question she had tried so hard to ignore.

Did she like it?

Her thoughts were interrupted, when Jongin barged into the infirmary.

Speak of the devil.

Seyoung steeled herself, angry this time. Couldn't she get her privacy around here? Why was he everywhere? Why can't he be expelled? Why can't she transfer to another school at least?

She gripped the dress she wearing. Or tried to, at least. she could literally feel all the strength dissapear from her body. She had put too much an effort into talking to Tao.

"I heard about what  happened to you. Luhan, was it? I'll make sure he won't see daylight again. No one does that to my Seyoung." He came closer to her bed, and leaned over. His face was barely two centimeters away from hers.

"Don't worry, baby." He planted a kiss on her forehead. She raised her hand to push him away, but instead, felt something so heavy that she couldn't even lift a finger. She glared at him.

"You know, Seyoung, you look so pretty when you're angry. It makes me want you even more." He his lips.

"..off..you....."She cursed under her breathe.

"You really think of me as one? How sweet." He smiled, making Seyoung even angrier. He had turned around to leave.

That's it.

She forced herself to get out of bed. The pain was like nothing she had ever experienced before. It was unbearably painful, but she gritted her teeth, and stood up. 

Wrong move.

Her effort didn't last for long. Her legs suddenly gave away, and she felt herself falling. Jongin caught her in his arms. She couldn't do anything but stare at his dark brown eyes. 

"You shouldn't push yourself so hard. I want you to get better ASAP." He said.

"My heart hurts too much when you're in pain." Jongin lifted her up and put her back into bed. He put the blanket over her as well. It was a bit cold in the room, but it was probably just him. 

Seyoung felt helpless. It took every last bit of strength she had left in her to keep herself from crying. Jongin held her hand, interwining their fingers together. 

"I'll be back, soon. I love you, Seyoung." He whispered, before vanishing in a puff of grey smoke.

Just then, Jackson came in.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." He said.

She chose to be silent.

"Him again?" Jackson asked.

She nodded.

 "."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

*all this tension*