Chapter Eighteen

Fluttering Hearts

"Fine. I'll call you tonight." Seyoung smiled to herself as she kept her phone on the dressing table and began her daily hair routine. She had dyed her hair completely black again, but wasn't sure if it looked good on her.

She technically couldn't remember the last time she had had completely black hair, which was actually ironic, considering the fact that the school acually let the students style their hair despite no one actually doing something.

She was humming a song as she tied her hair in a neat ponytail. It was one of those days she felt good about her hair. The kind of day that came less often than a blue moon.

She went back to her phone almost immediately, and decided to call her brother.

"Yeah?" He never answered with a simple hello.

"Can you come over for a moment?" She said it casually, like it was no big deal. 

"Sure. I'll be rignt over. The new cafeteria lady has been ogling me for quite some time. Who even thought of it? She's scaring the hell out of me." Sehun got up from the table in an instant and headed off to Seyoung's room.

"The fault in Oh Sehun. Okay, see you soon." She laughed, hanging up. The smile vanished from her face the moment she hung up. The grip on her phone tightened.

She had been receiving notes even more after getting together with Jongin. Notes that called her a betrayer. A murderer. A . 

She told herself not to take it to heart. She hadn't heard his voice on the phone since that day, either. But something had changed. 

She didn't feel so alone now. She was happy with him. She didn't want to run away from the academy anymore. It had all turned out for the better. Jackson had been right.

She heard a knock on the door and quickly got up. Opening the door, she was greeted by Jongin.

"Oh. I thought you were my brother." She said.

"I guess I got here faster." He flashed a smile at her.

"What happened? We talked, like, a minute ago." Seyoung asked, half shocked.

"I needed to see you with your new hair." Jongin grinned.

"You make it sound like a was bald before." She smiled.

"You weren't. Whoa, that's something. You look so pretty, Seyoung-ah." Jongin eyed her hair. He seriously hadn't thought of it before she texted him last night.

It made her feel tingly all over, hearing that from him.

"We were supposed to meet tonight. Besides, we talked on the phone just now." Seyoung reasoned.

"A phone call isn't enough for me. I need to see you. I swear these weekends are going to be he death of me. I can't even spend one day without seeing you. " He put a hand to his chest dramatically.

"Aigoo, you're so dramatic. Nothing's going to happen to me." Seyoung said, scoffing.

He suddenly leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips, grabbing her waist. She wrapped her hands around his neck, and they clinged on for something a little short of forever. They pulled apart soon, though. 

"I missed that." He smiled.

"Yah, I told you not to surprise me so much all the time! I might as well get a heart attack soon." She claimed.

"Don't talk like that! What will happen to me if you leave?" He pouted.

"I'll take you with me!" She laughed.

They talked like elementary school kids until Sehun showed up. Clearing his throat, he smiled brightly as he watched the scenary in front of him.

He was happy for Seyoung, really.

"I'll see you later then. Bye Seyoung. Hi hyung." He smiled at Sehun who winked at him. 

"You're making good progress, buddy." He said, just loud anough for Jongin to hear. It brought a small smile to his lips, as he nodded and went on his way.

Sehun walked into the room, womdering why she had sounded so expressionless on the phone.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" He asked. 

Seyoung took a deep breath. She had convinced herself to talk to Sehun first, but why weren't the words not coming out of ?

She closed her eyes.

Shw took a deep breath.

And decided to tell him about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll update again tomorrow. I'm half asleep rifht now. *cuenocturnalthemesong* x.x