Chapter One

Fluttering Hearts

"It isn't even the beginning of the year! Why are you sending me there now? Why all of a sudden?" Oh Seyoung asked through angry tears. Her father just sat on his armchair infront of the fire-place, without moving.

"It's time you went somewhere that you actually belonged. Every single member of our family went there. You need to, as well. No more questions, Oh Seyoung. Go to your room." Oh Taehyung replied.

Seyoung and stood up and went to her room, slaming the door. Oh Jungkook came from the kitchen, still in her apron. She stood near the armchair and placed a hand on her husband's shoulder.

"Don't be so hard on her, yeobo. At least Sehun will be there to comfort her. I'm sure she will understand soon." She said. Taehyung nodded, but didn't say anything. Instead, he stood up and headed to their room. 

Meanwhile, Seyoung had done  her research on Jaejoog Art Academy.  The place itself was older than her entire family's ages combined, and it looked too extravagent. The homepage of the website alone had told her enough about the school.

She went to the top students' section, and sure enough, there was his name on the first place. 

Oh Sehun.

Her ever-so-perfect, older brother. Her brother who had mastered his power years before she had even figured out how to use it. He acted like it was no big deal when she wasn't able to do everything he did. Atleast he was nice to her. 

When they were kids, they used to go to the same kindergarten. When it was time for recess, Sehun would come to her class looking for her, and all the girls would swoon over him like he was some kind of prince. All the while she would be drawing under her favourite tree, where no one would come looking for her.

Seyoung sighed. If things didn't get any better tomorrow, she would probably pack her things and go to that damn school anyway. A couple of years is all it takes, she told herself. At that moment, her phone beeped. She looked at the screen to see that it was from her brother.

You're coming tomorrow, right? Don't worry, it's really fun here.

They hadn't seen each other in three years, it was Sehun's last year, and Seyoung's second. Seyoung thought for a moment, before replying.

Yes, I'm going tomorrow. Can't wait to see you.

It wasn't even three seconds after she pressed send that a reply came again. 

Me too~ ^^ Hope you have a safe ride, good night.

It was nearly midnight, and unlike most nights, Seyoung was nearly asleep. Before climbing onto her bed and turning off the lights, she replied one last time.

Goodnight...

◆•◆◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆•◆◆•◆•◆◆•◆•◆•◆

*THE NEXT DAY*

"Goodbye. Have a safe journey. Call us when you get there!" Jungkook hugged her daughter, who expresionlessly hugged her back. Taehyung smiled at her and wished her best of luck, to which Seyoung nodded. Bowing to her parents, she walked into the train.

Seyoung listened to music throughout the entire ride. Many people had fallen asleep, and it was a miracle that she was still awake. Softly humming the tune of the song, she tapped her feet silently.

It wasn't long before the doors opened and everyone woke up. Seyoung stood up and, dragging her suitcase behind her, exited. She looked around, and it didn't take her long to spot her brother. 

He was walking towards her with a huge smile on his face. Seyoung noticed another boy who was following him, and wondered who that was. The boy was looking down.

"SEYOUNG-AH! IT'S BEEN SO LONG, AIGOO I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Sehun hugged her while the boy stood a few feet away from them. She smiled.

"I missed you too, oppa." She said quietly. After they pulled apart, Sehun stepped back and looked at his sister. 

"Mom seriosuly wasn't joking, she's grown up well. No wonder they decided on him." Sehun thought. It wasn't too long before he noticed that Seyoung and the boy were looking at each other.

"I almost forgot. Seyoung, this is Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun, this is my sister, Seyoung." He said, motioning towards the boy, who had taken off his hood, and let his hair fall right above his eyebrows. He lowered his head slightly, and she did the same. He smiled at her.

So this is Oh Seyoung.

On their way to campus, Sehun kept babbling on and on about how the teachers were terribly boring, but that the kids were actually pretty decent, and that there were classes held at midnight  for people like us.

Seyoung asked him how they were able to hold classes at midnight for so long without being caught, and he replied that the principal was one of them, too. 

"We wouldn't be halfway where we are now without him." Sehun chuckled. 

He went on about how there is a gang of boys like us. Just boys, not girls. In fact, Sehun said that Seyoung was the first girl with the gift to come to Jaejoong Academy, which surprised Seyoung, on account of her parents praising all the non-existent pretty girls with powers who would love to make friends with her.

When they reached campus, the first thing Seyoung noticed about it was the ground. It was all marble and no grass. The only dirt or real ground to be seen was near an enormous tree which looked a 100 years old.

Seyoung was shown to her room, which was painted in a light cream with chocolate brown curtains drawn across the windows for a finishing touch. The room was lit in a strangely dim light which gave it a warm glow.

She kept her suitcase near the bed and sat down. Her room wasn't like what she had read in so many stories before. Students usually shared rooms and had fun staying up late in books.

I guess it's different here.

"I almost forgot. You have to start school tomorrow. I will introduce you to the rest of the gang tomorrow. Sleep well Seyoung. " Sehun said, before walking out of the room.

Seyoung, however, did not feel like sleeping. Instead, she walked around her room, randomly examining everything. She unpacked and arranged her clothes in the closet. There was a note saying that she had to carry her laundry once a week to the laundry room if she did not want to do it herself.

She had emptied all the bags she had brought with her except for her backpack. Inside lay a violin for which she had made a case for. A small one, which you could carry around wherever you went.

Taking it out, she closed her eyes and began playing a piece she was proud to have learnt. Caprice no.24. A sense of peace and tranquility washed over her almost at once as she continued to play it. When the piece was finished, she played Paganini's La Campanella. 

All of a sudden, she came to an abrupt stop. She had sensed someone outside. She got up and walked to the door. However, opening, it she didn't see anybody. She wondered if her intuition was playing tricks on her, but decided to go outside anyway. She walked to the park, which was covering quite a large amount of the compund. It was covered in trees, some small, some so tall you could say it was transferred from a rainforest.

She sat down on the bench and took in everything around her. The green grass, the silent hum of the trees, the fresh smell of the wind. And....the smell of cologne.

Cologne?

Men's cologne. The smell was overpowering, as if the owner was right behind her. She turned around in a hurry, but didn't find anyone there.

I should just sleep. Sehun must be right. I'm too tired.

She got up and walked to her room, half-surprised she knew the way back. She slept for ages, but didn't seem to like it all too much. She turned and turned, breathing heavily. Her forehead was wet , and her eyes seemed to be closed forcibly.

A figure stood over Seyoung as she slept, watching her everymovement with keen curiosity. Leaning down and gently caressing her face, the figure smiled. 

She's not bad.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°••°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•