Chapter Two

Fluttering Hearts

"So, you're Sehun oppa's sister?" A girl asked Seyoung as she sat down. She had chosen the empty seat next to the window at the back row. All the desks were drawn on except for a couple, which she guessed were empty.

The whole class was empty except for the girl when Seyoung had come. She probably was too early. The girl had started talking to her the moment she walked in.

She had felt awkward at first because everyone she passed on her way here had their hair neatly done, while there were streaks of electric blue in her hair. She liked it that way, but wasn't so sure that it suited the school

Seyoung nodded. 

"Nice to meet you! I'm Kang Minji. Your brother came to supervise us once last year, we all thoght he was pretty ho- I mean, charming. Does he smile a lot?" She asked, smiling all the while she spoke. Seyoung stared at her eyes, noticing a bright pink roaming freely about.

Seyoung shrugged, "I guess you could say that. I haven't seen him in a long time."

It was at that moment that another girl entered the class. She smiled at Seyoung with an air of kindness. Seyoung saw a calm blue surrounding her iris as she sat down beside her.

"Seyoung, this is Jung Haram. Haram, this is Oh Seyoung." Minji motioned towards Seyoung as she spoke. 

Next came Ha Shingoo and Ji Maeyeol, followed by Gu Kilo. They all seemed very friendly, though Seyoung noticed an aura of green deep inside Kilo's eyes. They were in deep chat without noticing that boys had arrived as well.

It wasn't long before the Phsychology teacher, Lee Chae Rin came. She adjusted her reading glasses and glanced at Seyoung, before clearing , a smirk on her face. 

She had expected this from the next member of the Oh family, with whom she went ages back. She couldn't, however, be sure whether Seyoung remembered her or not.

"Class, as you already know, Oh Seyoung will be spending the rest of the year with us here at the Academy. Seyoung, I have heard, was first place in her previous school as well, before transferring here to join her brother." she smiled as the class clapped,

Seyoung stood up and bowed.

"Hello, I'm Oh Seyoung. Please take care of me." She said before sitting down. The class burst into applause again.

Ms. Lee began explaining the new lesson they were learning today, which was body language. The whole class seemed to be keen on this subject, and listened with ineterest as the teacher went on with her lesson. Seyoung, too, found it interesting.

All of a sudden, the door opened, and in walked a tall boy. He was wearing a black cap so low that it was covering his face. His tie was loosely hanging around his neck and his jacket was left ed.

"Sorry I'm late. I was looking for my shirt," he mumbled. Seyoung's eyes widened. 

It sounds like........no, it can't be. I'm just imaginig things. Get your head straight Oh Seyoung.

"Just show up to class on time, Jongin. And this of a better excuse, I saw you dozing off at the lobby." The teacher sighed.

The boy walked to his seat, which was at the back, in the middle column, whilst Seyoung was next to the window. 

The teacher continued with the lesson, and Seyoung tried hard to pay attention to what Ms. Lee was saying, but all that came to her mind were questions.

Why couldn't she sense anything from him?

Why was she feeling such a strange vibe from this boy?

Who exactly was he, and why did he not show his face?

She hadn't noticed it until the teacher had walked out of the classroom. The period was already over, and she hadn't been able to take any notes.

"Uh....Haram?" She asked. The other looked at her.

"Yes?"

"Why does the boy called Jongin wear a cap? Why wasn't he punished for being late for class?" Seyoung asked.

"Oh, that. Well, you see, Jongin is the star student in Psychology. He is second place in all the subjects. From the entire school. Plus, he usually is late to all the classes. 

He has been wearing that cap whenever he comes to this class. He takes it off afterwards, though. I wonder why, he has such a handsome face." Haram explained.

Seyoung nodded, but didn't say anything. She thought of snooping around the classroom records, but decided otherwise. It was her first day here.

The students all got a ten minute break in between classes and everyone wandered outside then. Seyoung decided to visit the lockerroom in search of her locker. 

Here it is, Number 744

She opened it with the key she had gotten from Ms. Lee, who was apparently also their class teacher. The locker was completely empty, except for a bottle of cologne. 

Men's cologne.

"Gee, what a surprise." she absent-mindedly mumbled.

Seyoung sprayed some on her wrist and smelled it. It was exactly like the scent of the cologne yesterday at the park.

The label was ripped off the bottle, and in place of it was a new label. Handwritten neatly was,

안녕.

( hello)

"What are you doing here?" A voice asked out of the blue, and the bottle nearly fell from her hands.

She looked up to see the boy, Jongin, from earlier. He was still wearing his cap, therefore covering his face. Again.

"I was looking for my locker....." Seyoung said, not sure how to answer his question. She was standing in the middle of a lockerroom with an open locker and a men's cologne bottle in her hands. 

"Oh." 

She could sense a smile, as the boy took his cap off. For a moment, Seyoung stood their, frozen, trying to distinguish between imagination and reality.

Infront of her, was the same dark brown eyes. The same sharp jawline. The same tanned skin. The same picture perfect smile.

It was Kai.

No, it can't be..

But he looked just like him. Seyoung could see nothing in his eyes, she wasn't able to read them. 

But.....how?

Seyoung felt her knees go weak. It was as if her legs had lost power to stand. She slumped down to the ground.

"Are you alright Seyoung-shi?" He asked, slouching down next to her. He offered his hand as support. 

Seyoung blinked a few times. She took his hand, and he pulled her up till she was standing again.

It feels just like his hands..

"I'm....fine. Thanks." She managed to say.

"I thought you were about to faint back there. I'm glad you're okay. I'm Jongin, by the way. Kim Jongin." He shook her hand heartily before going to his locker. He put the cap inside and slammed the locker door closed before walking out of the lockerroom.

"See you later, Seyoung-shi." He flashed her a smile.

Seyoung hadn't moved from where she was standing. It had to be some kind of trick. 

He can't be real..

At lunch, she found herself, not sitting with the girls in her class like they had asked her to, but sitting with her brother.

It felt like the old days had come back again. Sehun had come to her class at lunch and had gone off with her to the cafeteria. She sat beside him, listening to all the stories he was telling about the school.

Until Jongin appeared, that is. Things didn't get any better when he came and sat down beside her. He smiled at her.

"Oh, you two must have met before, right? Same class, and all. Seyoung, this is Jongin, but you already knew that." Sehun laughed.

He continued by introducing a tall, cheerful boy with elfish ears called Chanyeol, a boy that smiled just as much but was shorter called Chen, a boy who looked like he was 12 years old called Luhan, and a serious and sort of grumpy looking boy called Kyungsoo.

"The rest them are off at class. They had lunch earlier because they have cleaning chores this week. But you will see them tonight at class."

The boy called Luhan was looking at Seyoung the entire time she was eating, and she tried not to mind that. She did catch a hint of anger in those hazel eyes of his.

The tallest boy seemed to be all smiles the entire time, but there were of blue in his eyes. It looked like he was trying hard to escape a tragedy in his past. You couldn't come close to guessing that watching the way he was chatting non-stop.

The rest of the day flew by as Seyoung kept her attention fixed on Kim Jongin. He looked happy most of the time. But the problem was that she couldn't read his eyes. The more she looked at them, the more she found emptiness.

Just like him..

She spent the evening in her room, playing her violin again. She used to play it everyday back when she was in middle school, but stopped as she got older because she had no time to. Everything had gotten so busy in the blink of an eye.

"Uh...Seyoung-shi?" A deep voice called. Seyoung turned around, startled. It was the elf boy from earlier.

"Oh....Chanyeol-shi?" Seyoung responded.

"......The door was open.......anyway.....Sehun told me to tell you that classes will be held tonight at 12:00pm, at midnight." He sayed.

"Oh. Uh...yes. Sure. I'll be there. No problem." She responded.

There was an awkward silence between them before Chanyeol spoke up again.

"You play the violin?" 

"Yes."

"Can you play something for me?"

What? What am I supposed to say?

"....Of course."

Seyoung inhaled deeply before letting it go. She began playing Wieniawski's Polonaise No.1. She tried to focus on the music.

When she was finished Chanyeol clapped. 

"Wow, you really are no joke. Luhan hyung also plays the violin but I don't think he can beat you. You're really good at it, Seyoung-shi." He said. Seyoung turned red.

Chanyeol made his way to the tree where they hung out. As soon as he came back, everyone asked him how she was, what she said.

"I don't even know what she did, but she made me feel so nervous. Ah, jinjja, those eyes of hers. I felt like I was in an interview for a government job!"  He exclaimed.

"I heard that she is really pretty. " Kris said. Chanyeol nodded. 

"She's a 10 out of 10, man. She's seriosuly no joke. "

They were all busy talking about her when Sehun joined them. 

●○●○●○●○●○○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●●○●○●○●●○●○●○●○●○●○●●○●○□●●○●○●○●○●○●●○●●○●○●○

Seyoung went though her messages.The girls in her class had texted her that they were having a sleepover that weekend. They invited her there, to which she had replied that she would go. Though it never occured to her that sleepovers would be 'fun.' 

She hated sleepovers. Not hate, but dislike was a better word. Watching movies and doing each other's nails didn't sound very appealing.

The clock struck 12. She was already in the underground basement room that the classes were to be held. Baekhyun came first, followed by Chanyeol.

She was scaning the room when she saw a logo. Spray painted with jet black, it looked original with a maze, a sort of labyrinth, which made up a haxegon. Below it, in large, bold, black letters, was one word.

EXO

"That's our logo, made three years ago. We normally change it a couple of times every year, though. Don't you think the name sounds catchy?" Baekhyun, who had noticed her staring at it for a while now, commented.

"I guess you are a new member? It is only boys that have come here that posses talents like that so far, so it is a bit wierd to have a female member of EXO." Chanyeol shrugged.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I'm just your trainee or something. I haven't even mastered my power yet, it wouldn't make sense." Seyoung said.

"Speaking of your power what is it?" Baekhyun asked.

Before Seyoung could answer, the door opened once again. Kyungsoo came in, and then Sehun. Jongin came with Sehun. They looked like they were having a nice conversation.

"When did they get so close? What did I miss?" Seyoung wondered.

When seven more boys came, Sehun closed the door. In fact, he locked it. All of a sudden, everyone quieted down as Sehun walked back to where he was standing earlier.They were all standing in a sort of semi-circle. A boy walked to the centre of it.

"So, welcome to another late-night class. How was everyone?" He asked, smiling.

"Tonight, we won't be doing much. Just the introductions of all of you will be enough for one night, I assume. Right, Sehunnie?" Suho, as his pink nametag showed, said.

Sehun groaned. He hated it when anybody, ANYBODY called him that. Even 'Space Intruding Lumberjack' sounded like a better nickname to him.

Seyoung noticed that they were all wearing pink nametags. A boy called Tao looked embarassed. They all introduced themselves, and their powers.

"I can make fire." Chanyeol said, fire flowing from his fingertips.

"I control water." Suho said. He demonstrated it by raising water out of a glass and spelling his name in mid-air with it.

"I am the King of Light!" Baekhyun cried. He snapped his fingers and all the lights in the room exploded. For a moment, everyone was in pitch black darkness. All of a sudden, all the lights came back on. 

"I can read your minds," Luhan said glancing around, "No, Chen, I didn't boast about myself just now. And I studied for the Math test, I will do the laundry, I DON'T look as cute as a girl," He raised an eyebrow before continueing, "As for you, Oh Seyoung, I don't resemble a pixie." Luhan pointed at Seyoung, who wished the ground swallowed her right there and then.

"I can fly." The tallest boy, who's name was Kris, said, before flying, actually flying around the entire room and waving at them. He landed and flashed them a smile.

"I can do wonders with lightning." Chen said, and drew a panda with lightening in the air. Everyone laughed, because his 'panda' looked more like a mixture of a horse and a cow. Nevertheless his smile was endearing at he made the drawing vanish.

"I can play with time. Watch this." Tao said, and let a butterfly out of a jar. He snapped his fingers, and the butterfly stopped flying. He snapped his fingers again, and it flew away. All of a sudden, Chanyeol and Chen were beside Tao, who grinned.

"I can freeze anything." Xiumin said. He touched the light bulb beside him, which immediately was covered in ice. He then continued to freeze the ground, which looked like a part of the set of Ice Princess. Chanyeol heated the ice, and it dissapeared remarkably quickly.

"I control wind," Sehun said, grinning. He made a small tornado on the palms of his hands, before making them dissappear.

"I can sense everything on the surface of the earth." Kyungsoo said. He pointed towards the door. 

"Someone's coming. Female, my best guess is Teacher Lee."

Tao went to a table at the far end of the room, which was covered in high-tech computers. He typed something with one hand, the other in his pocket. A video of the hallway outside the room they were in appeared on the centre screen. She was walking away, towards the next room, but you could easily figure out who it was.

Ms. Lee stopped in her tracks, and looked directly at the camera. She waved, smiling. Then, she turned around and went on her way. 

Everyone was crowded around Tao then, but came back once he shut it down again. 

"I can heal people." A boy called Lay said. He took a knife and cut his wrist. It looked terrible and Chanyeol fake-gagged. Lay rolled his eyes and waved his free hand over the injured one. Almost instantly, a white, blinding light appeared, and within seconds, the cut was gone.

"I can teleport." Jongin said, smiling. He disappeared in a puff of grey smoke. The next moment, he was waving at them from across the room. He suddenly dissappeared from there as well, and this time, appeared infront of Seyoung. Everyone "ooh"ed and "aah"ed as Jongin flashed her his killer smile.

"Well, what's your power, Seyoung?" Tao asked. 

"I can.....read people's eyes. There are colours deep inside which show their state of mind." She explained.

"How about me? How about me?!" Chanyeol cried. 

"Your eyes have a bright shade of yellow, of blue, and a hint of light pink," Seyoung said, as everyone watched her with interest, "Meaning that you are overall very happy. But you are trying to get away from something terrible which happened to you long ago, which still haunts you, indicating the dark shade. And......there is light pink......well.......it means that you are.....in love." She finished off, and everyone started congratulating Chanyeol, who smacked himself for volunteering.

It was the same until the class ended, and everyone went. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the last ones to walk out. They usually made plans for the next meeting before talking it over with Suho, who was unofficially incharge of EXO. 

Baekhyun closed a log book and kept it on one of the shelves in the room. They had talked about tomorrow, but decided that instead of the combat session they normally held, a practise class would be better.

"Hey, what do you think about Seyoung?" Baekhyun asked.

"Her? Well..she's alright, I guess." Chanyeol answered silently. He hadn't wanted to talk about her, at least not now. He could already tell what Baekhyun was thinking.

"Somebody having a little crush here, eh? Do I hear wedding bells? Is it a marriage?" He wrapped his jacket around his head ike a bride's veil and strutted down a pretend-aisle. Chanyeol turned bright red.

"Stop it, Baek." He said. After all, he knew in his heart that he had feelings for someone else. As they were about to leave, they noticed something lying on the table.

Make that a cellphone.

Baekhyun picked it up and examined it. The cover was dark blue, and there was a moon sticker on the front.

"Don't you think this is Seyoung's?" Chanyeol asked.

"Probably. Yah, look, there are so many pictures in her gallery. Omo, there's a guy, I think it's her boyfriend, he looks..........."Baekhyun was cut off in mid-sentence as his eyes widened.

The boy was Jongin.