Chapter Three

Fluttering Hearts

Chanyeol tilted his head so that he could see what Baekhyun was looking at. 

"Is he too good looki- WHAT THE?" He exclaimed.

The boy in a navy blue hoodie, pouting next to Seyoung was Jongin. Or atleast, it looked like him. Exactly like him.  There was a caption written in on of the corners.

" Every second I spend with you is one I never want to forget.

I love you my adorable baby! Happy birthday~♥ "

The two of them exchanged confused glances when suddenly Ms. Lee walked into the room. Baekhyun hurriedly shoved the cellphone into one of his coat pockets.

"What's taking you so long? You two usually take four minutes to decide on everything." She said, smiling.

"Oh, we were just checking the week's schedule again, because we wanted to be sure." Chanyeol started.

"And now that we're done, we were just going to leave, right Chanyeol?" Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol gently in the ribs, putting on his best fake-smile. He dragged his friend outside.

They both were quiet as they walked back to their dorms. 

"Hey, Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked, out of the blue.

"Yes?" Baekhyun said, wanting to avoid what he knew was coming up next.

"Do you......do you think that....Seyoung and....Jongin....dated?" He asked.

"I don't really know. We should ask him when we get him to ourselves. As for the cellphone, I'll give it back to Seyoung tomorrow." Baekhyun said.

They went to their rooms, still astounded by what they had seen.

Chanyeol flopped down on his bed and let out an exhausted sigh. Today hadn't been as relaxing as he thought it would be.

He got up and went to the bathroom. He ed the white shirt he was wearing, revealing his toned abs. But it wasn't just that, there was a deep scar near his waist.

He looked at the mirror, staring back at him was a tall boy with not just a scarred body, but a scarred past as well. It was something he never wanted to remember. Not as long as he lived.

The arrival of Oh Seyoung wasn't making things any easier. It wasn't enough that he had the worst of his nightmares the night she got here, and that she had said all that about his 'tragic past.' She had to look like her.

*FLASHBACK*

Chanyeol smiled as he hummed the tune of the song on the radio. It was his favourite song since he was a little boy.

"The sun shines brighter,

The grass seems greener,

And everyone seems happier somehow,

When she is around

But no one can be as happy as me,

Because I love her.

I love her with all of my heart."

He was busy folding little paper cranes with rainbow colored papers. Each time he finished folding one, he would put it into a glass jar. He had just finished folding the 100th one.

"Ah...finally." He thought, getting up. He picked the jar up as well, and was about to walk out the door when the song suddenly came to an abrupt stop. An announcement came on,

"This is the weather forecast. We will be having a terrible storm tonight, worsening by tomorrow. It is highly recommended that no one goes outside until we declare it safe. Thank you."

A loud scream followed. The high-pitched scream was clear on the radio as another voice came on.

"And there will be a storm in a little boy's heart soon for his dead girlfriend. I feel sorry for him, but what can I do? I'm just a powerless little boy. Have a nice day." The owner of the voice started laughing, as the radio was silenced.

"Stop it! The police will find out!"

"Who's going to tell them, you? You're just a powerless little boy!"

The jar fell from Chanyeol's hands as he put two and two together. The words from earlier kept repeating in his head.

His dead girlfriend.....

Dead girlfriend.

Zico. 

It has to be him, thought Chanyeol, angry as he ran through the narrow streets of outer Seoul to the radio broadcasting station. The first thing he did when he reached the announcer's studio, was to scan the room for her.

He noticed something lying under the table. A body, in a lake of blood. A body, lying face down, a familiar star tatooed on the wrist.

"DARA!!" He cried, rushing over to her. He pulled her out from under the table, and held her in his arms, tears streaming down his face.

Her eyes opened a little, as she weakly grabbed the collar of the jacket Chanyeol was wearing.

"Dara, you're alive! I thought you-" He was stopped in mid-sentence as Dara forced the words out of .

"Chanyeol......run......its....Zico..."

With that, she let go of his collar. Her heart beat one last time as she closed her eyes forever. Before Chanyeol could say anything, the back of his neck met with a metal pipe. He fell, subconciously dropping Dara too.

"Aww, you two look so cute together like that. It almost makes me think that you planned it together. But you didn't, did you, Chanie?" 

Chanyeol could make out the faint figure of Zico with half closed eyes as he smirked at Chanyeol.

"You...son of...a......" Chanyeol managed to say.

"Don't you think mom would be sad? I mean, there's her golden son, calling her a . But then again, that is why I killed her in the first place." The smile faded from his lips, as memories of how his mother had abandoned him ran through his mind.

Chanyeol remembered it two. More than that, he remembered the night she was murdered. He had begged his brother to stop it, but all Zico had said was, "Patience. Your turn will come too."

His thoughts were interrupted when Zico kicked him in the stomach. Almost immediately, blood sputtered out of his mouth. Zico signalled the rest of his gang, Block B, to join in. 

Chanyeol was soon on the brink of unconciousness, when he saw Zico take out something shiny and small. He stabbed chanyeol's abdomin with it, and dragged it until the cut reached his waist.

The boy had out by now. Zico sighed.

"Guys, live well. I expect great things from you. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Just get out while you can." He said to the others, who were staring at him in silence. They had looked up to him like a brother, when he first rescued them all from their abusive, neglective parents, he had told them that he was the same.

"But I'm searching for someone." He had said.

It took him 3 years to find out where his target was. In prison. So, Zico had killed enough people to get himself at least 3 years in prison.

Everyone hugged him before running outside. Zico mentally prepared himself for what was coming up next.

Chanyeol woke up to a white ceiling. He sat up, and just then a sharp pain shot through out his entire body, which was covered in bandages. He was in a hospital.

He forced himself out of bed, but before he could take a single step towards the door, a nurse frantically came and made him sit back down again.

"Your wounds haven't healed yet." 

But he needed to know.

"Where is Dara? Is she okay? Can I see her?" 

The nurse hesitated  for quite sometime before replying.

"The lady we found next to you?"

"Yes, her. Where is she?" Chanyeol was growing impatient.

""Well....she....didn't make it."

Chanyeol couldn't believe his ears, as the heartrate monitor beside his bed began beeping loudly. Then it started to slow down.

"Mr. Park! Mr.Park, breath!" The nurse cried as several doctors rushed into the ward. Within no time at all, the place was crowded.

It was very loud for the next few minutes, but it was very quiet in Chanyeol's mind. In fact, it was almost pin-drop silence that filled the busy hospital ward, much unsuited for such a hectic scenary.

He couldn't hear anything they were saying, but the continuation of where the song left off last time,

If she leaves me then I'll be dead,

Dead before tomorrow ever comes,

If she leaves me, I wish myself a painful death,

To heal my wouds and scars with time,

For time and time again,

Is all that I have,

In this harsh and cold winterland,

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Chanyeol couldn't remember how he was still alive after that. All he could remember afterwards was a face peering at him that night. He had hoped it was Dara.

That she was alive. That it really was her who had stood over him that night at the hospital. For the longest time, he had wanted to believe it. But the nurse's words stopped him.

She didn't make it.

Chanyeol put on his "BAP: Bunnies Are Puffy ○( > 3 <)○" pijamas. He climbed onto his bed. Closing his eyes, he switched off the lights.

He smiled.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Jongin still hadn't slept. He glanced at the glow-in-the-dark alarm clock on his bedstand, which read, 0330AM. He badly wanted to sleep, but he had to wait until it happened.

He sang his entire playlist in his head, moving his feet in time to the beat. He stopped, however, when he heard the silent squeak of his door as it opened, and in walked a hooded figure.  

The figure went to the window at first, and looked outside. The moon was slowly starting to disappear. It walked over to Jongin's bed, where he was splendidly putting up with pretend-sleeping.

Grabbing his wrist gently, the figure drew something on his wrist, and stood over him for a while before going out the door. The door was closed silently, infact, so silently that Jongin had to open his eyes to check if the figure had left.

He let out a little chuckle.

Perfect.

It was finally time to get things moving.

●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆☆●☆

This is my 7th attempt to write this chapter. Each time, something happened and the entire Body was deleted. (Curse you Samsung Keyboard!xl) I finally installed iKeyboard, which is SOO much better. So, yeah, new chapter. More of a Chanyeol's backstory chapter, but you'll see why. >:) 

I have been listening to Hyorin's (Hyolyn's) Lonely to the point I don't remember any other song.

Geez, my tablet's battery is 5% right now. I should end this. =) have a nice day everyone!