Chapter Nineteen

Fluttering Hearts

"You......you're sure?" Sehun couldn't properly register what his sister had just said.

"Yes. I saw him. Sorry." Seyoung could feel the colour from the other's orbs fade, as she asked herself for the umpteenth time.

Why do I have to tell him this? Why?

"Where's the real him? Where is Luhan?" His voice sounded shaky. Seyoung dreaded this part the most.

"He's......in there. They're both in that body. Fighting for domination. It's a mental battlefield, if you could see it. It was my first time ever seeing something so...........fascinating. His mind was a hollow,black space. And I was falling through it, until I landed on a white floor. I got up and saw them. They were sitting right there. Staring into each other's eyes. It scares me, almost, to think of what he must be going through. I called out to him, though he never once looked my way." She explained.

"But....."

"But what?"

"The other man did."

(EARLIER)

"Okay Seyoung. I know it's pretty new, all of this. But trust me, it's going to work." Lay assured. He had been giving her training sessions with Sehun and it was finally the time where she could actually figure out where Yoochun was hiding.

"Don't forget to breath." Sehun added.

She nodded in response to them.

Seyoung was laying down on a white mattress, back in the ward of the infirmary. But nearly all the lights were out this time except for the one hanging above her head. She was to focus on that light.

Focus.

Until her eyes closed by themselves and she wandered from mind to mind. That was where her search would begin.

Whereever she found Yoochun, she was to explore that person's brain. It was what Lay liked to call, the Pure Void. He claimed that in truth, all minds are pure and white, their thoughts may be darker. But all the same, the mind's space, was to be light.

"Good luck." 

That was all she heard be fore she closed her eyes.

Focus. You can do this Oh Seyoung.

Think of the light.

Focus on the light.

Focus.

Focus.

She suddenly jolted up, her eys wide open. She was sitting on the mattress again. The surrounding walls were white, and the brightywt annoying light was hanging from the ceiling.

She was still in the ward.

But what was this feeling?

Why is it so silent?

Lay and Sehun were nowhere to be found, and the lighting was terribly dim compared to it's normal brightness. She got up and headed for the door, taking one step at a time.

The corridor was empty. Not one soul.

This must be the first stage.

She continued walking towards the exit of the infirmary, only to stop in her tracks moments later.

She had heard a sound.

It was getting loider, and louder.

No, wait.

Is that......a song?

Is it?

She realized that the song that was playing in the hallway was the tune of the ballerina and the nutcracker toy. The one in a box, where you opened it and you had to wind them up so that they would start dancing and the music would start playing.

Black then, it made her feel so warm, and happy.

Now, it was frightnenning. The ending note began echoing. Each time, the echos got louder and louder.

She suddenly began seeing pictures of her and Kai together.

It changed to her and Jongin.

And back to Kai.

And louder still.

Until the sound was ringing in her ears. She covered the ears with the palms of her hands harshly and forced her eyes shut. She could feel blood flowing out from them.

It suddenly hurt. A lot.

Before everything was silent again.

She opened her eyes. 

This wasn't the infirmary now. It was....

What is it?

She was in space, it seemed. A vast, never-ending black space. Without warning, faces of many people began to fly past her. She could see countless faces of many people she encountered everyday, and ones she couldn't recalll whether she had ever seen.

Suddenly the images of 12 boys formed a line infront of her.

Immediately, she realized, that this was her mind.

She focused on each picture. Crossing out the ones she didn't suspect. One by one, the images began to disapear from the blackness, until there were three people left.

Sehun, Luhan, and Jongin.

She closed her eyes and focused on each and every one of their minds, communicating the messages she was receiving from each mind.

All of them were thinking differently.

And their thoughts were too fastly flown. Seyoung decided to open her eyes and focus on the auras instead.

She waved her hands infront of each picture, and her fingertips, slowly, began colours out of the pictures. At first it was rainbows, but then the colours ran out. And she focused a bit more and brought out the hidden colour inside each of them.

Sehun's was white.

Jogin's was white.

Luhan's was .........

Black.

"Oh god, please, no." She mumbled. Her face fell when she saw the colour.

She hesitated before going inside. She really did, but then, she realized, she had no choice. It was her responsibility to catch him. If she had to do this, she had to do this. There was no going back.

Please let this be a mistake.

-------------------------------------------------

Whoa. The next chapter is all about Luge's brain. *evillaugh* TBH I'm looking forward to that too, hehe. :D