Chapter Five

Fluttering Hearts

Sehun suddenly got up. And rolled a blanket around his body. Luhan did the same. They both exchanged bewildered glances.

"Sorry for my...uh...disturbamce. You...uh..continue.....what you were...doing."

Seyoung slammed the door, trying hard to erase what she had just seen from her memory.

Spending an evening with Kim Jongin might not be such a bad idea after all. 

She texted Sehun, "Lock the door next time." And looked at Jongin. He was smirking. 

"So, what did you want to talk about again?" She asked, trying to sound casual. Normal. Anything but embarassed.

"Why don't we go to the park?" He said, and headed outside. Seyoung sighed, and followed him as he slowly walked all the way across campus, until he reached the park.

*MUCH LATER* 

I take it back.

Seyoung was sitting on a bench. Jongin was sitting beside her. They had remained quiet like this for a long time now, and Seyoung was frankly getting tired of it. He did say that he wanted to talk, right?

Is he going to talk or not? I guess I'll just do it then.

"Seyong,"

"Jongin."

They laughed awkwardly. They had turned towards each other in unision, and their faces were barely inches apart. He glanced at her big brown eyes, filled with wonder, her milky white, smooth skin,  her soft lips.

Her soft, plump lips.

Jongin bit his bottom lip, and stared at hers. His heart began beating like it was going to explode from his chest anytime soon.

Her soft, plump, red lips.

He couldn't stand it any longer, and leaned in, completely surprising the other. Probably the worst mistake of his life. It took some time for her brain to register what was going on. 

Seyoung pushed him away and jumped up from the bench.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?!" She cried.

"Seyoung, it was just...let me explain-" He got up. There was clear sadness. Guilt. Desperation. All of it in his voice made her feel like she should at least hear him out.

She would have. But not anymore. Not after that.  Seyoung glared at him.

"I don't listen to explanations from people like you." She cut him off, before turning around to leave the park, wishing she had never let him talk to her in the first place. But Jongin, however, had other plans.

He grabbed her wrist and stopped her from going. He turned her around, and placed his hand around her waist, slowly pulling her closer. She felt so small next to him.

"Let me go!" Seyoung said through gritted teeth, trying to break free from his grasp. He smiled.

"Will you date me, Seyoung-ah?" He asked.

Jongin isn't Kai. Jongin isn't Kai. Jongin isn't Kai. Damnit.

"Why the hell would I date someone like you?" She answered, anger burning in her eyes. If only looks could kill.

"Well, if that's how we're gonna do it...." Jongin replied. His voice had changed. And his eyes didn't look so desperate anymore. No. Infact, he looked expressionless.

"What? What're you gonna do, huh?" Seyoung snapped.

Jongin laughed, confusing the other. He whispered in her ear,

"I'll be expecting an answer by tomorrow."

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU MY FREAKING ANSWER! NO, KIM JONGIN! I DO NOT WANT TO DATE YOU! I WON'T DATE YOU EVEN IF WE'RE THE LAST PEOPLE ON EARTH!" Seyoung screamed, her voice reaching the 7th octave.

A couple of kids opened their windows and looked outside, wondering what all the noise was about. All they saw was an empty campus, much to their disappointment.

But it was too late. Jongin had already disappeared to god-knows-where in a puff of grey smoke. Seyoung cursed him over and over again in her head as she walked to her room.

She began playing her violin again, but this time, she didn't feel peace. She kept getting angrier and angrier with every note, and by the end of the song, she was infuriated. 

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!" She cried, throwing her violin towards what she thought was her bed. But instead, it hit the floor, and the handle was smashed into pieces. She didn't feel so angry anymore. 

She picked up the broken violin, and kept it on her table. She carefully picked up all the little pieces of it one by one, and laid them out on the table, making sure she got all the pieces.

I can fix this. Relax, Oh Seyoung. You can fix it.

She began her work, but found it imposible to do, because her hand kept shaking and ahe couldn't glue the pieces back together, they kept falling apart.

"Why can't you just get fixed?! ARGH!!" She was frustrated by now. She got up from her chair and, deciding to sleep on it, climbed onto her bed. Closing her eyes, she thought,

This is all your fault, Kim Jongin.

'"'"'""""""""""'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'""'"'""'"'"''"'"''"'"''"""""""""""''''''""""""""'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

It was midnight once more, and Seyoung was in the 'midnight class' room. It was getting late, and no one had come. It was starting to get cold, so she went outside, hoping that maybe someone was about to come in. She felt like she was being excluded. Maybe she had the wrong place?

As soon as she stepped out of the room, a yell broke out through the hallway. It came from the room at the end of the hallway, which is where she ran to.

The door wasn't completely closed, and there was a small gap, through which Seyoung could see clearly the events happening inside the room.

There, she saw a hooded figure, raising one hand over.....someone whose face she couldn't see. The person was on the ground, and seemed to be struggling.

The person finally turned his head...and it was Jaejoong.

Moo Jaejoong, the Principal of Jaejoong Art Academy.

Was this what Sehun had told her about earlier? The imposter, the chance cards? The principal was also one of us, wasn't he?

"You shall suffer a slow, unbearably painful death to pay for your crimes." The voice sounded raspy. Seyoung's eyes widened in shock, as she saw the principal begin to choke on his own blood. 

He began coughing blood everywhere, his nose began bleeding, and his legs suddenly started to deflate. It looked as if his legs were flattened with a machine. Soon, it looked like his legs were crushed with a sledgehammer. The strange 'deflation' sequence moved up until it reached his heart.

The man was desperately trying to crawl his way to the hooded figure, but the furthest he got to was the hooded figure's feet. The figure was, Seyoung noticed, wearing black boots.

He began crying blood. His arms were forming deep cuts on themselves, through which tons of blood escaped. And then came out some kind of purple liquid, whih didn't look very liquidy.

All of a sudden, the hooded figure snapped his fingers, and the principal's body exploded. The entire room was painted in Jaejoong's blood, his intestines a disturbingly grotesque decor,  as the hooded figure cracked a smile.

This is the 죽음 을 본쇄? It's grosser than I thought. I should tell Sehun about this.

She took out her cellphone and began typing,

"Oppa, the hooded figure is in the room at the end of the hallway. The principal's been killed just now. I think he got an extra chance card. Come, quickly!"

She was about to press send, when she heard the imposter say something.

"It's over." The figure said. The room suddenly became silent. Too silent.

"You're going to clean this up, how exactly?" She heard a familiar voice ask. Betrayal struck her right in the heart as another figure stepped out into the dim light.

"I'll do it, Sehun." The hooded figure said. Sehun smiled.

Four more boys appeared, and on each of their arms, was a logo. A complicated labhrinth-sort of maze, which made up the shape of a haxegon. With three bold, black letters below it.

EXO.

"N-No....." Seyoung muttered.

Sehun and the hooded figure glanced towards the doorway. Sehun hurriedly went to the door, and swung it open, to find his younger sister frozen to the ground, nearly in tears.

"Seyoung-ah...." Sehun said. A pang of guilt washed over him as he watched his sister. A single tear rolled down her cheek, as Seyoung stumbled backwards. She ran to her room, leaving Sehun at the door.

Seyoung reached her room before she knew it. She locked the door with her key, and did the same to the indow. She even put the metal bars down infront of the window, like a fence-curtain.

Seyoung didn't feel so safe as she had when she first came here. She flopped down on her bed and closed her eyes, letting the tears she had held back fall freely, wetting the pillow.

"I need your help."

"We need you."

"There's one of them amongst us."

We Are One.

Lies. 

Liars. All of them.