Chapter Eleven

Fluttering Hearts

"Seyoung-ah!" Sehun called, making his way over to the table she was sitting at. Her friends immediately turned quiet. He kept his tray right next to hers and sat down beside her.

Sure enough, there was not one bit of surprise on her face as she continued sipping from the cherry lemon soda she was holding.

"So, I was saying, we should talk." Sehun said.

"Isn't that what we are doing right now, oppa?" The corners of her lips curved into a bright smile as she replied, staring at her brother.

Sehun was sure she was mocking him right now, but decided to forget it. He needed to, anyway.

"Listen Seyoungie,  I found it! Make sure you take your time, okay? Talk to me if you feel like it!" Sehun smiled even more as he slipped a USB pen drive into his sister's hand. The lunch bell had just rang, and students would be going to their classes soon.

Everybody was busy getting their books for the next class when Jongin caught sight of Seyoung. He was about to head over to her locker and and talk to her, when he saw someone else do that.

Some other boy, to be exact. 

Taller than him, the boy could be spotted a mile away because he stood out from the rest of the kids in the room with his incredible height and blonde hair, highlighted with colouful strikes of neon green. 

He couldn't see the boy's face, but the mere sight of her laughing at whatever it was that he said was enough to get him riled up.

He was just about to give that boy a piece of his mind, when it crossed his mind what he had promised the other day.

"I shouldn't be intefering with what she does. Okay. Sure thing." he thought, fists clenched tight.

The boy turned around as if on cue, and Jongin was shocked to see that he actually was very good looking. Seyoung walked beside him, and the two looked like they were having so much fun that the academy itself might as well turn into a comedy show.

"On second thought, who the hell is this kid?" He wondered out loud, oblivious to it.

"Who, Taekwang?" Xiumin asked, following his friend's gaze.

"That's his name?" Jongin asked, his focus on his friend's words.

"Yeah. Shin Taekwang, he is a new transfer student. Same class as you. I heard that Seyoung and he are childhood best friends." He replied.

"Thanks Minseokkie." Jongin smiled before going on his way.

"Yah! I told you to stop calling me that!" The later shouted after him, but smiled all the same.

As soon as the boy entered class, the teacher asked him to introduce himself. He didn't mind one bit as the entire classroom got silent.

'Shin Taekwang imnida. Please treat me well." He bowed, earning a huge round of applause, before walking to his seat, directly behind Seyoung's.  They exchanged smiles as he passed where she was sitting. 

Everyone seemed to like Taekwang. Everyone except for Jongin, that is. He didn't even know what he was feeling, as the pencil in his hand broke with a snap. 

That day, during all the classes, Jongin couldn't stop staring at Seyoung. Anyone would think that the trigonomy surprise test's answers were written on her face, the way he kept looking at her.

"Student Kim, what is so interesting on the other side of class that you have to see every 5 seconds instead of paying attention to your history lesson? I can be sure that you don't know which year and by whom the Jingbirok was written by." The history teacher remarked.

He saw her body stiffen for a mere second right there and then.

"Ryu Seongryong, a high ranking scholar and commandor-in-chief of the Japanese invasion of Joseon era from 1592 to 1598." Jongin replied without batting an eyelash, his eyes still on Seyoung.

Gasps were heard from every direction, and everyone was about to turn their heads and look at Jongin, but was stopped by the teacher, who said that he'd give detention to anyone who dared to as much as move a centimeter.

The teacher scoffed and went back to teaching his lesson. It was almost as if his disregard for the boy had developed to an unspeakable hatred.

When the history bell rang, all the students stormed out of the hall, even the teacher, except for Seyoung who claimed to have homework to finish before she could leave. The teacher actually believed that, and let her stay.

She connected the USB pen drive to her phone and carefully examined it's contents. There was only one file saved on it, a PDF file, which she opened to be greeted by what seemed like an introduction.

EXO is an organisation working undercover based in the grounds of Jaejoong Arts Academy since 1953. The original count of members were 15, until all 15 were viped out. The aim has been the same for all the members in the past generations, and that is to capture Park Yoochun, rank 170. They have so far been successful enough to get rid of one of the two witches working for Park and continue to hunt him down. The moment Park Yoohun is caught and handed over to the Universal Association of Magic and Witchcraft to face his charges, the organisation will cease to exist. The current generation of EXO have been divided into sections including Analysis, Fieldcraft, and Combat. Each section has its own responaibilities, and are often kept a secret to everyone other than the members themselves.

A profile followed;

Name: Yoo Chun, Park

Age: Unknown, traces of the aforesaid date back to 1425.

Respected Nature: Witch

Rank: 170 +

Notable Achievements: Head of Universal Association of Magic and Witchcraft throughout the years 1900 to 1932 (Resigned)

Current Status: Active

History: Park Yoo Chun first appeared in records during 1425, and has been since spotted during 1576, 1699, 1732, 1867. He was co-responsible for formation of the Universal Association of Magic and Witchcraft in 1899. A year after its formation, the original founder and Head Kim Heechul died and Park became the next-in-line for the position. During his term, an account of murders were commited, most noticable is the death of Jeon Jihyun in 1915 and the apparent suicide of Kim Junghwan in the year 1929. When Park was accused and provwn guilty of bwing responsible for all the deaths caused during the 32 years and the masacre of the Grand Council of the 2nd generation. Park resigned a day before killing the entire Council and being found guilty. He has since not been found anywhere and led to the formation of BIGBANG in the nothern sea, B1A4 in the middle west, SECRET in the souther provinces, and EXO in the eastern lands. His whereabouts are still unknown but have been reported to be in South Korea for the last 3 years.

"What are you reading?" A voice asked, nearly driving the living daylights out of Seyoung. She looked up and saw Taekwang.

"Oh, Taekwang. Hi." She smiled.

"Hello yourself. So, is it Shakespear or Confucius that you're so interested in?" Taekwang asked as he went over and dragged one of the chairs next to her table before taking a seat there.

"If you see my brother as Confucius." She sighed, showing it to him.

"Whoa. And here we have our own version of Dora the Explorer, eh?" He replied, earning a laugh from the other.

"I have no idea whether I can actually trust what he's saying at all or not. I need a lie detector." She whined.

"Which is why you have me." Taekwang chuckled.

"Please, Mr.Detector Machine. Do I believe him or not? I'm confused enough as it is." She said.

"I'd trust him." He said, a tone of confidence present in his voice.

"Okay. Fine. Sure. Of course. I'll do just that." Seyoung said half heartedly.

"Wae? My response is wise!" The other smirked.

"Right, Great Oracle, right you are." She faked a bow.

They were laughing all the while, neither of them noticed the figure outside, evesdropping on their conversation. 

Kim Junsu, to be exact.

He had his share of responsibilities on check, and had nothing else to do other than wait for Yoochun's orders. And he was busy with that blonde kid, Suhaney or what.

"Are they both that stupid?" He stared on in disbelief as they continued their conversation, completely unaware of the two people watching them.

Kim Junsu was stationed outside the door like any ordinary Queen's palace guard, and peeking through the window connecting the classroom behind them was Kim Jongin.

Yes, Kim Jongin was in the class next door, risking his discipline record as he observed keenly their every action.

When it was around 5 in the evening, the two exited their classroom, and went their seperate ways. 

Taekwang had homework to do in his room. As for Seyoung, before she was able to reach ther room, Jongin appeared before her. He had jumped out of the classroom the moment she was infront of it.

When Seyoung saw who it was, she mentally facepalmed herself for being so shocked in the first place.

"I told you not to pop up everywhere, didn't I?" She said, folding her arms across her chest.

"I just came out feom the classroom. I didn't even teleport." Jongin pouted. Seyoung nodded for moment before going on her way. Jongin followed.

"Hey, Seyoung?"

"Yes?"

"Who's Taekwang?"

"He's a very close friend of mine, if you must know."

"You're just friends?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

Jongin suddenly grabbed her by the waist and brought her closer to him.

"It matters."

By now, Seyoung was trying to look anywhere other than his face. The campus. The grass. The metal poles. The balconies. The concrete floors. The white walls.

He cupped her chin, forcing her to look straight into his eyes. He asked again, his voice an octave deeper than it was a moment ago.

"Are you just friends?" 

"Y-yes." Seyoung felt the knot in her stomach tighten as his faced inched closer. She was redder than a tomato now. She pushed him away suddenly, before speedwalking her way to her room, slamming the door as soon as she reached it.

"What was that back there?" Seyoung asked to no one in particular. She let out a long breath and told herself to calm down. She caught sight of her face in the mirror and screamed.

"Why are my cheeks red?!" She cried, touching her face. It felt warm. Warmer than it should be. Suddenly her ringtone began playing.

I feel like my heart is exploding whenever you're close to me,

Just what are you doing to me?

Why are you so perfect?

Her hand automatically went to her chest. Her heart was beating faster than all the heroes in Fast and Furious combined.

"WHAT AM I THINKING? WHY DID I EVEN CHANGE THE STUPID RINGTONE? AISH!" She screamed.

Meanwhile, Jongin had not moved from where she had pushed him earlier.

A smile formed on his lips as he saw the entire scene play again before his eyes. The way she had pushed him away and gone off in a hurry. He remembered her blushing furiously. 

He was smiling madly on the way to his room, much like a man who had just seen all the treasures the world had to offer.

♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡★♡

Sorry for not updating sooner. ;A; *mainstream180degreebow* Lel this irony. Anyhow, the time I was writing the little part with Jongin and Seyoung for this chapter, I was listening to Lee Seung Chul's Run Away. The song is pretty much the background music for the ending >:3 Check it out. Stay cool, fighting~! ☆3☆