Chapter Four

Fluttering Hearts

Seyoung sighed. Things were not getting any better when Baekhyun had returned her phone to her because he had been very embarassed. 

She remembered Baekhyun hesitated before giving her phone to her.

"Um..Seyoung-shi?" He had asked.

"Yes?" She had responded.

"Did you.....and....Jongin......date?" He asked in a quiet but curios manner.

"No! Of course not." She had answered, before it occured to her why he might have thought so.

"The selcas were of me and Kai. Kai was my boyfriend." She explained.

"Oh. Where is he now?" Baekhyun had asked.

"He's dead." She responded, expressionless.

"Oh. I'm so sorry. I didn't know." 

"It's okay,'"

There was a long moment of silence before Baekhyun spoke again.

"Hey, do you want me to keep it a secret from the rest of the gang?" He asked, sounding like he felt guilty. Seyoung nodded.

"Except for Chanyeol, because he saw  it too. Well, then, I'll be going then." Baekhyun had rushed out of the class like a rocket on fire. 

The school session ended, and when it was time for everyone to leave for their rooms (or 'freedom' as Minji called it.), Seyoung decided to stay behind. She needed to search for Jongin's student record.

She currently stood infront of the computer lab. Minji and Haram had decided to go with her to 'protect her from any evil lurking in their territory.' But for now, they had a bigger problem.

The door was locked. It was apparently unlocked when a class was about to be held there. Without wasting any time, Seyoung took out the necklace she was wearing, she unrolled the chain surrounding a sharp, dagger-ish long, crooked piece of metal.

She carefully inserted it inside the key-hole, and began twisting it in various ways. Haram kept watch of the intersection which led to the computer lab, while Minji was observing what her friend was busy doing.

"SHE DID IT!!" Minji began jumping up and down with excitement as the door clicked and flew open. Seyoung walked inside with her friends. There it was. The teacher's computer. This time, Minji was standing at the door while Haram kept close to Seyoung as she opened the computer.

The system was encrypted with a password, which she couldn't figure out.

Haram thought back to the moment where she had seen the History teacher's profile. On the status there it was written, "Always Remember: m4r13 cur13, our hero"

She typed m4r13 cur13 into the keyboard, and was surprised when it worked.

"OMO! HOW NICE IS IT TO RUN INTO YOU INFRONT OF THIS PLACE, SUHO-SHI!" Minji cried, loud enough to bring the house down. Haram left Seyoung to do her work.

She grabbed the mops and buckets in the corner of the lab before joining her friend at the door. She put on her best innocent-smile. She grabbed a water bottle at one of the desks and poured some water on her head and sprinkled it over her forhead and neck.

"We were just a little bit busy with our cleaning, but it is SO nice to meet you here Suho-shi!" She said.

Suho stared at the both of them suspiciously. Haram wiped her forehead, and he noticed that she was sweating. Which made him even more confused.

Meanwhile, Seyoung had found her class files. She scrolled down until she found his name.

Kim Jongin.

Instead of reading his entire record, she decided to save time, and her friends, by transferring them to her phone. As soon as the process was complete, she hurriedly shut the computer down. She raced to the door just in time to see Suho going on his way, with a puzzled look on his face.

"Yes, we will study hard. You should study hard too, Suho-shi! Have a nice day!" They were too busy shooing him away that they didn't notice their friend join them again.

"Did you get it?" Minji asked.

"Yeah. Thanks, guys." Seyoung said.  They walked back to their rooms after promising to meet up after school the next day as well.

Seyoung sat down on the edge of her bed. Opening her phone, she typed in her password, and opened the files she had transferred earlier.

She was scanning his history section when something caught her eyes.

"Expelled from Daesung Middle School for accusation of assistance in argon and manslaughter. Re-enrolled after proven innocent. Resigned volunteerily two days later, went to Jokwon Middle School to complete last year of middle school."

Wait.....Jokwon Middle School? Isn't that where Kai went to?

Seyoung nearly fell off her bed when a knock on the door was heard. She quickly closed the file and locked her phone.

"Come in."

In came Sehun, looking more serious than he had earlier that day. He came and sat beside her. She sensed the atmosphere get tense, and wondered what he was thinking. His eyes showed nervousness and tension.

"We need to talk." He said.

"About what?" Seyoung asked.

"Well..it's a long story. I need your help in capturing the imposter. There have been numerous reports of someone roaming around the school in a hooded robe with our logo on it. 

The imposter is one of us, and I need your help to catch it. Having an imposter freely explore this school is dangerous." Sehun explained.

"Why is it dangerous? What's an imposter? And why do you need my help? I haven't even come close to mastering my power." Seyoung asked.

"An imposter is a spirit that invades a human's body and takes complete control over the human. It is actually quite easy to distinguish imposters from normal humans, because imposters can conjure magic, while humans can't.

We, however, are a different case. We do the same, and it's difficult to know who is real and who is the imposter. There is a way, however. But that requires your skill. You either sense extreme senses of emotion from an imposter's eyes, or you can't read them at all.

They have been around for longer than you can imagine. Long ago, they killed anyone who was suspected of being one, but times changed, and we began to look for evidence which pointed to someone. And, we forced it out instead of killing the person.

There is something very dangerous about them though. Each one of them posses a chance card of 죽음 을 본쇄,  which they can use of anyone. It destroys the human from the inside before finally stabbing the heart.

Its really painful, and we don't want it occuring in this school. They can get another chance card for every gifted human they kill with it.

This is where I need your help. You can automatically read whoever you meet, right? Tell me, who gave off extreme vibes? Was there anyone you couldn't read?" Sehun asked.

"Extreme vibes? Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, Luhan, Suho. As for not being able to read....well, the only person whom I couldn't read was Jongin. But oppa..." seyoung trailed off, not sure how to explain it. Sehun knew about Kai, but had never seen him.

"Yes?"

"I couldn't read Kai either." She observed his reaction.

"That's a special situation, I suppose-"

"It's about time I showed him to you."

She took her phone and went to her gallery, randomly choosing a selca they had taken together. She slowly showed it to Sehun, who took a while to understand what was going on.

"WHAT?! That's him? That's Kai? Your ex-boyfriend? But..how? I mean, they look so................alike!" Sehun seemed flusterred, Seyoung noticed. He began giving vibes of nervousness even more. 

They aren't the only people suspicious. You're included.

 

 "I guess Jongin is innocent. But keep an eye on everyone else, okay? I'll inform the principal about it as soon as I can." Sehun said, before leaving in a hurry.

Seyoung stared at the picture he had shown her brother. Kai was wearing a black and white panda T-shirt. Couple-tees, infact. The panda on her t-shirt was white and the background was black, while his was the opposite.

How she missed him.

A hooded figure stood near the window, observing Seyoung as she went through the pictures. A smile formed on its lips. There comes a plan.

An excellent one.

*THE NEXT DAY*

School had ended again, and Seyoung was talking to her friends. They were all complaining about how they thought the mathematics test was too hard. 

"Yah, let's do group studying next time! Atleast we will be able to understand it better. Shakepeare or what, I need to live a life too!" Minji pouted.

Seyoung, Minji, Goona, Kilo and Haram agreed to meet up to do group-studying when ever a test was coming up. They all put their books in their lockers, and were about to go, when Jongin came inside. 

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"Yes?" Kilo asked, wondering what he wanted. She was standing closest to the exit.

"Can I talk to Oh Seyoung alone for a while, please?" He asked, making his best puppy face. The girls all rushed outside, leaving Seyoung and Jongin alone in the lockerroom. But not before nudging her, and winking on their way out.

Seyoung felt a familiar tingle as Jongin stood their observing her. She suddenly felt very self-concious. Why did he want to talk? And why was he looking at her like that? Was it her neon sneakers? Was it her electric blue highlights? Was it her height? Was it her body? Her uniform? Was she missing something?

She stared at his eyes in hope of an answer, only to be greeted by emptiness.

Oh, that's right. I can't read him. Oh darn it, what is he looking at?

All of a sudden, he took a step towards her. She subconciously took a step back. It continued until she felt herself slam against a wall.

Is it unkind to run away? What is he, some undercover ert?

He reached inside his pocket, and took out a necklace. It was silver, and there was a tiny heart at the center. He grabbed her hand, gently opening her palm. He placed the necklace on her palm before closing it.

At this point, Seyoung was fretting. She had no idea what he was doing, and couldn't find out why, because she, of all people on Earth, couldn't read him. 

"It's a present." he said, expecting her to say something.

"It's very...nice. I like the heart." Seyoung said, trying to sound like she was anything but freaked out.

"Shall I help you wear it?" He asked, jerking Seyoung's attention back to the current situation.

Awkward McAwkwardson. What am I supposed to say? I wasn't this nervous when it was Kai. Sehun might be upset if I say no, but I barely know this guy.......argh, this is so confusing. Okay, Oh Seyoung. It's your brother who is alive. Jongin isn't Kai. Jongin isn't Kai. Jongin isn't Kai.

"Okay.....?" Seyoung said.

Jongin took the necklace from her hand and brushed her hair to a side. He slowly put the necklace around her neck, and brought her hair back to where it was loosely hanging when he was done.

He pointed at a mirror on the wall. Seyoung looked at it, and saw herself, wearing the necklace. She actually didn't look too bad wearing it.

"Wow." The word escaped her lips no longer then her ringtone began playing.

"Fantastic Baby! Dance, ooo-ooo, I wanna dance and dance and dance dance~" 

Seyoung quickly looked at her phone. Sehun was calling. She picked it up, motioning to Kai that it was Sehun.

"Yes?"

"Oh, hi Seyoung! Any progress?"

"Not yet."

"Where are you? In your room? It's really quiet. I thought you were hanging out with your friends."

"Actually, oppa, I'm in the lockerroom."

"Oh. Well, we are having class again tonight, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be sure to be there."

"Okay then. Bye."

"Bye."

She pressed end call and glanced at Jongin, who had been staring at her the entire time she was on the phone with her brother. Which made her feel more than awkward.

"You ringtone is nice." He smiled.

"Thanks...um. Hey, Sehun told me to meet him just now. So...I guess I have to go." Seyoung picked her bag up and headed for the door.

"See you again soon!" He waved at her.

I pray to god not.

She was walking to her room when she saw him walking behind her.

Oh, good lord, Kim Jongin.

She made a turn and went to her brother's room. It was a good thing that Sehun's room was far away from hers, because she had a long time to think of an excuse to be visiting unannounced.

She thought of so many ideas, but decided to go for the usual brother-sister converstaion chat-up line. She didn't waste any time when she reached her brother's room and yanked the door open.

"Oppa, I'm he-" She stopped in her tracks, and stared in disbelief at the unique scenary that was taking place infront of her at that very moment.

Sehun was on his bed. On top of Luhan. They were making out. .

○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

WOW. FANTASTIC BABY. O.O

HunHan had to appear for the story. >:)

 All the Kpop schools~ Makes me wish we had one of those here. Oh, the glory. May the force be with you, Big Bang, may the force be with you.