19th; Pt. 02

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter only focuses on Kyungsoo and Mi-rae. Thank you.

 

Na-eul and Kyungsoo cuddled on the bed while waiting for Mr. Do came to fetch him for the trip. He softly her hair as she rested on his chest; while singing to My Answer, EXO. Kyungsoo is like a perfect husband material. He can cook and he can sing; practically he can do almost everything.

“Do you know you sound a lot like EXO’s, D.O? Did anyone ever tell you that? Even your name is the same like him” she said as she twirled her fingers on his chest. “Nonsense” he chuckled. “You know them?” he asked. “Of course!” she nodded. “I like Baekhyun” she giggled. “Heol” he scoffed when suddenly his phone beeped. “It must be dad” he sighed. “I don’t want to leave you” he pouted.

Na-eul pulled herself and pinched his cheeks. “Go, you have to give me money to eat” she winked. He laughed and jumped off the bed and pulled his luggage. Na-eul followed him from behind as she intertwined her fingers with his fingers as they walked on the stairs. Kyungsoo placed his luggage on the floor and turned to face her. He pulled her for a hug and softly her hair. “I’ll see you next month” he cupped her face and kissed her. She nodded and smiled. “You better be” she said.

Kyungsoo smiled and opened the door. He saw his dad with one of the Psychiatrists. “Hi, Na-eul” Mr. Do went in and gave her a hug. “Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” he asked as he glanced at Kyungsoo, who’s leaning against the door with his arms crossed. “Sure. I’ll spend my nights at Mom’s for the rest of the week” she smiled. “Take care of Kyungsoo for me, and you too, dad” she said. Mr. Do smiled and patted her head. “I will, don’t worry” he said. “Let’s go” he walked out, followed by Kyungsoo. He turned around and mouthed an “I love you” at her.

She bid goodbye and waved at them as the car slowly faded away from her sight. “Please be okay” she said as she placed her hand on her chest before she locked the door and went upstairs.

 

A week passed by and Kyungsoo was diligently carried out his work as a Psychiatrist in Australia. For the first week, they still couldn’t meet their patients and they’ll have 2 patients under each Psychiatrist. During this week, they just prepared themselves to be more open and deal with more problems of their patients.

“How’s Australia? Na-eul, it’s been a week and you keep asking the same question” Kyungsoo chuckled as he checked himself out in front of the mirror. He shared a room with one of his friends, Jaehyun who’s also a Psychiatrist. “Of course, I bought something for you. A lot! I don’t know whether it fits my luggage or not” he smiled.

“So, is Min-hee there? How’s Mom?” he asked. “You’re having a dinner party tonight? Without me?” he pouted. “Jongin and Chanyeol? You better keep a distance from them” he said. “Alright, take care and have fun with the groceries shopping. I’ll talk to you later, bye. I love you” he smiled and hung up on her.

“Kyungsoo?” Dr. Jaehyun opened the door. Come, we have a brief meeting now. We’re going to meet our patients” he smiled. Kyungsoo gently nodded and slipped his phone into his pocket as he grabbed his coat. “Let’s go” he said and patted Jaehyun’s back.

They were seated in a meeting room and there was a file placed in front of them. It was a list of their patients’ names and histories of their health. Kyungsoo flipped over few pages as he spun his pen with his finger. His finger stopped moving as his eyes carefully scanned over this one page of his patient.

“Kim Mi-rae?” he thought and he flipped the back page, and there was a picture of Mi-rae, his sister-in-law, Na-eul’s sister. He continued reading and again, he stopped himself. “Depression?” he frowned. “Is this even real?” he thought and everyone was like discussing within themselves about their patients and Kyungsoo went straight to his father.

“Mr. Kim’s first daughter is under me?” he asked and gave the file to Mr. Do. “You mean, Mi-rae?” Mr. Do surprised as he flipped the pages. “You’re right” he lifted his head. “Does my in-law know about her condition?” Kyungsoo asked. “I’m afraid, they don’t” Mr. Do replied. “So, am I going to have a consultation with her?” he asked; looking serious. “What’s wrong with that?” Mr. Do asked. He shook his head. “Nothing” and he pulled the file from his father and walked out from the room.

“What the hell is going on?” he thought as he walked back to his room.

 

“I’ll meet you tomorrow, Robert and we’ll continue with our session. Take care” he smiled and walked out from his patient’s consultation room. Robert is a 27-year old guy who is haunted by someone for the past 2 years and it affects his whole life up to the point he starts to have a hallucination. “This is a tough case” Kyungsoo sighed and signed the paper.

He walked away when a nurse called him from behind. “Dr. Kyungsoo, your 2nd patient is waiting for you” she smiled. “Thank you, I’ll meet her in 15 minutes” he nodded and walked away. He went straight to the restroom and took off his coat and stared at his reflection. He turned the tap and splashed cold water straight to his face and wiped it off with the back of his hand. He rubbed his eyes and sighed.

He stood in front of Room 1030 as he played with his fingers. He knocked on the door and turned the doorknob. He opened the door and saw a glimpse of Mi-rae’s back figure as she stood facing the window. He closed the door and walked towards her. “Mi-rae?” he called.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter