15th

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four of them were sitting together, facing each other. Na-eul kept looking away while Baekhyun pierced his gaze at her. He couldn’t believe his eyes, finally he get to meet her. Kyungsoo noticed how nervous his wife was as she couldn’t stop tapping the table with her slender fingers.

He grabbed her hand and intertwined with his; left her speechless.

“I don’t know that you guys are... married” Baekhyun started to talk. Kyungsoo smiled. “I don’t know that you guys were related once” he said and smiled at Baekhyun’s, wife, Ayumi.

“Kyungsoo” she called softly and tightened her grip. She finally made an eye contact with the guy in front of her. “How are you?” she asked. Baekhyun smiled. “Finally, you’re making conversation with me, Na-eul. I’m fine. And, you?” he asked.

She let out a small smile. “I’m doing great” she gently nodded. “Is this your w-wife?” she stuttered and tried to carve a smile on her face. “Yes” he pulled her closer; naturally. “I’m Ayumi, nice to meet you” she smiled and shook her hand.

“I’m Na-eul” she smiled. She noticed Ayumi has a baby bump. “You’re pregnant?” she blinked her eyes in disbelief. “5 months” she smiled. “After 5 years of trying” she said. “I see” Na-eul nodded. “So, you guys recently got married?” Baekhyun asked. “This year, 3 months ago” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Kyung, can we talk in private?” Na-eul asked, pointing to Baekhyun. “Sure” he nodded and asked Ayumi if she wants to go outside. She nodded and both of them left this once-was-a-lovebird.

“5 years, wow” Na-eul said. “What a small world, you met my husband” she continued. “Never thought that’s going to happen” he smiled. “I heard, you’re sick” she asked. He gently nodded and poured him a glass of water. “I’m getting better, thanks to your husband” he said. “So, he told you, everything about me?” he asked. “Sort of, and I’m glad you receive consultation under him” she smiled.

“You look happy with him” he smiled. “So, do you” she smiled. Both of them chuckled at the same time. “So, tell me, where do you work now?” he asked. “Somewhere here, as a painter” she smiled. “You?” she asked. “I’m helping Ayumi at her bakery shop” he smiled. She pulled herself back with a big smile on her face. “Wait, what? Byun Baekhyun is a baker now?” she asked. “Hey, I’m just helping her, you know, since she can give birth anytime soon” he laughed. “She’s only 5 months” she raised her eyebrow. “Whatever” he laughed.

“So, how’s Mr. and Mrs. Kim? Are they still in Canada?” he asked. She nodded as she tapped her fingers on the table. “Yes, Canada for life” she smiled. “They’re doing fine” she continued. “Look, I have no intention to ask you this but since Kyungsoo told me this, so why not I just ask straight to you, right?” she said. “Sure, what is it?” he asked.

“Why did you and Ayumi leave Japan? What happened there?” she asked. Baekhyun nodded before gave her a genuine smile. “We, especially her, were tired on how her family treated us back in Japan” he paused. “Her dad agreed to let her marry me just because, you know, family business” he said. “Ayumi was a great dancer back in Japan but after she got married to me, she had to stop everything” he sighed. “I felt sorry and, that’s why, we ran away from Japan. No one knows that we’re here” he said.

“What about your parents then?” she asked. “They moved to China after I got married” he said. Na-eul understood his family situation as both of his parents are successful entrepreneurs; they own multiple shops in Korea, Japan, Canada, and China. “No one knows, Na-eul. No one” he said. “We’re happy here, plus we get our privacy here” he smiled. “Look at Ayumi, she carries your child, how cute is that?” she smiled brightly.

Baekhyun raised both of his hand. “Okay, enough of my story. What about you then?” he asked. “How you’re married to a Psychiatrist? You were his client or what?” he chuckled. “My story is quite similar to you; it’s just that he is my childhood friend. You know, I lived in Korea before I move to Canada, right? Both of our parents worked at the same company before” she smiled. “I applied for a job here because I want to stay with my sister—

“Mi-rae?” he blinked his eyes. “She’s here? Man, it’s been a long time since I last saw her” he smiled. “But we found out that they had arrange our marriage during a family dinner, and yeah, it’s just that” she smiled. “You don’t have any difficulty in your marriage?” he asked. She was taken aback by his question and remembered what happened 3 months ago. “So far, so good” she smiled.

“He takes a good care of me; he values me” she said.

“I can see that” he smiled. “Look, I’m so happy I can finally meet you even just for a while. I’m sorry for what happened before but what was in the past, stays in the past, right?” he smiled. “Let’s focus on the future” she gently nodded. Baekhyun found his smile back and called for Kyungsoo and Ayumi.

4 of them enjoyed their lunch together and exchanged stories with each other. Na-eul felt something; like happiness when she finally got to meet Baekhyun. He was once a part of her life, and no matter how hurt she was, there is a room for forgiveness because after all, we’re humans; we’re not perfect, we tend to do mistake and commit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter