16th

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Na-eul slowly opened her eyes and found herself lay comfortably on the bed. She got up and scanned around.

This is my room. This is our room, my room with Kyungsoo. I’m home.

“Na-eul?” Ayumi knocked on the door and opened it. She ran to her and jumped on the bed and hugged her. “Are you okay?” she asked as her hand ran up and down her back.

Na-eul nodded and saw Baekhyun and Kyungsoo outside the room... with a doctor. She saw So-eul; Baekhyun-Ayumi’s daughter with Baekhyun.

She made an eye contact with Kyungsoo, and there’s an unexplainable expression on his look.

“What happened to me? Is that a doctor?” she asked. Ayumi looked at her and rubbed her knuckles. “You don’t remember? You passed out at Kyungsoo’s office and Baekhyun called me to come here. So, that’s why I’m here” she smiled; with a worried look on her face.

She remembered everything. Suho, that bastard. Did she even get to tell Kyungsoo about him?

 

“Kyungsoo, she needs to rest and don’t pressure her too much. Maybe, you can look after her and take leave for a couple of days. She needs you the most now” the doctor smiled. Kyungsoo nodded as he led the way to the front door. “I will, doc. Besides, I don’t know such incident would happen to her” he sighed. “Be strong, you can always try next time” he continued and packed his belongings and walked out.

“Make sure to remind her to take those meds I gave to you” he said before he headed out from Kyungsoo’s. Baekhyun froze beside him, tried to find words to talk to him. “Say it” he said; in a deep voice. “Whatever you’re going to do to Suho, I’m with you” he said. “I wish I could kill him right now” he clenched his fist and walked inside.

He knocked on the door and walked in, followed by Baekhyun and his daughter in his tight grip. Ayumi got up and went to Baekhyun. “We’ll be at downstairs” Baekhyun smiled at Na-eul and walked with Ayumi.

“You’re okay?” he asked and sat beside her. He pulled her closer to his chest and hugged her tightly. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t protect you” he whispered and planted a kiss on her forehead. “So, you know?” she stammered. “Um” he replied shortly. “Is it hurt?” he asked; not wanting to know the answer, he just wanted to make sure she’s okay.

“I feel disgusted with myself now. It saddens me that this happened” she cried. He broke the hug and cupped her face and wiped her tears away. “Tell me, what do you want me to do?” he asked. She shook her head and hugged him as she cried in his embrace. “I’m sorry” she stammered. He shushed her and stopping her from blaming herself more.

“Should I tell her this news?” he thought as he put his chin on top of her head as he tightened his grip.

 

“Baek, where are you?” he called his patient-turned-friend. “Home, why?” he answered. He pressed the pedal and as his eyes moved furiously, scanning those boards. “I’ll pick you up. I’ll tell you later” he hung up even before Baekhyun gave his answer.

“Honey,” he called Ayumi, who’s playing with So-eul on the bed. “I’m out with Kyungsoo” he smiled and ruffled her hair. “Okay” she nodded and wrapped her arms around his waist. “Appa is going out, okay? You stay with Eomma for a while” he smiled and pinched So-eul’s nose.

Baekhyun grabbed his phone and wallet and headed out as he struggled to put on his sneakers. He locked the door and made his way to the elevator. As he checked his phone, he lifted his head and saw Kyungsoo’s car. He opened the door, and sat on the passenger seat.

“What’s wrong?” he asked. “We’re going to Mi-rae’s” Kyungsoo replied. Baekhyun looked at him nervously and choked on his own saliva. “Are you serious?” he asked. “I’m not going to let that bastard away” he gritted his teeth. Baekhyun nodded. “I’m ready” and cracked his knuckles.

Kyungsoo parked his car and walked out with Baekhyun. There, Jongin joined them and grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulder. He almost punched him but was stop by Kyungsoo.

“He’s Jongin” he said. “Why is he here?” Baekhyun looked clueless. “In case you need a bomb- punching skill” he smirked as he put his fist in his palm. They followed Kyungsoo from behind.

3 of them arrived in front of Mi-rae’s and Baekhyun knocked on the door. Jongin was cracking his knuckles as Kyungsoo loosened his tie and rolled up his sleeves. The sound of someone walking towards the door was heard by them and Baekhyun turned around. “Yes?” Suho opened the door and widened his eyes as he saw Kyungsoo. “Oh, Kyungsoo, hi” he said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter