21th

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi-rae turned to her left side and slowly opened up her eyes. “Where am I?” she thought and got up to find herself in her room, wearing her pajamas. “What happened last night?” she thought and widened her eyes when the only thing she can remember of was she cried and Suho calmed her down. “Did he… change my clothes?” she said as she played with the buttons.

She walked out of her room when suddenly she heard a familiar voice from behind. “You’re looking for me?” Suho said while holding a cup of hot tea. He walked towards her as she stood still and stared at him blankly. “What happened last night?” she stammered. “Oh” he snapped his fingers. “You cried on my shoulders and I brought you to your room and—

“Did you change my clothes?” she interrupted him. “No” he shook his head. “It was a nurse who changed it for you” he said. “Are you okay?” he reached out his hand, wanted to ruffle her hair but she flinched away. “I’m okay” she said and looked down.

“Look… Mi-rae. I know you feel uncomfortable seeing me here but please, give me a chance, to at least talk to you, how I can help you” he sighed. He waited for her response but she didn’t utter any word. “It’s okay. Nevermind” he said and walked away when suddenly she called him.

“Follow me” she said and he turned around. “Follow me, let’s talk” she let out a small smile. Suho felt relieved and nodded. She brought him to her room and he followed her inside as she led him to the coffee table. He placed his cup on the table and pulled the chair while Mi-rae sat on her bed.

“How have you been doing?” she asked. “I’m doing great, still in recovery state” he smiled. “I feel relief to hear that” she nodded. “Are you still mad at me, or Na-eul, or Kyungsoo?” he asked. “I’m not mad at all of you. I’m just… shocked to find you guys are here” she said. “I’m sorry I left you like that. I’m just—

He walked towards her and sat beside her. “Hey, it’s okay” he said. “I understand” he smiled. “I’m so happy to see you back. I always think of you back in California—

“Why you didn’t call me at all, or look for me?” she stopped him. “I did. I even looked for you once in a while when I’m in Korea, but you weren’t there. I heard you sold our house back in Korea. Why?” he asked. “There’s no point of living there anymore” she sighed. “What about Pupa, our precious dog?” he asked. “She’s with me, don’t worry” she smiled.

“Too bad” he sighed. “Why?” she asked. “I thought of moving in back with you when I’m already stable physically and mentally” he said. “What do you mean?” she sounded confused, trying to digest his words. “Back in California, I sought for a help from a famous Psychiatrist and during my 3rd visit, I started to think of you and how I wanted to fix myself and go back to you and start all over again” he paused. “I wanted it so bad because I hurt you a lot and you were hurt by my action and I'm also, was hurt by you. Both of us were hurt by our own action” he said.

“I want to fix things. I do” he said as he held her hand tightly. “Suho—

“I know you need time for this but I’ll be alright.

Whenever you’re ready, just tell me, okay?” he smiled as he looked directly into her eyes.

“This is it. This is Suho that I’ve known since I was 18. This is him, the real him” she thought.

“I’m serious this time. Really, I am—

Mi-rae hugged him and buried her face in his shoulder. “Yes, I know. I seriously know it. Thank you” she mumbled as her arms wrapped around his neck. “Thank you for coming back” she said. Suho smiled as he softly her hair. “I’m here, and I’m always here for you” he said.

 

Kyungsoo walked in the hallway while checking his patient’s forms when he saw both of Suho and Mi-rae together, standing in front of her room. “It was fun talking to you” she smiled. “Take care, I’ll see you from time to time” he smiled as he held her face. “Oh wow, what is this?” Kyungsoo scoffed and approached both of them. They were startled as Suho looked at Mi-rae nervously. “You guys are fine… now?” he raised both of his eyebrows.

“Eh?” Mi-rae stuttered. “We’re still trying” Suho continued and smiled. “That’s good for you, and you too, Mi-rae” he smiled. “And, oh. Na-eul’s looking for you since this morning. I think you should go and see her. She’s at the pantry” he said. “Really?” she stammered and turned to Suho. He mouthed “go” at her and she nodded. “I’ll meet you at 12, don’t be late” Kyungsoo said as Mi-rae slowly made her way to see Na-eul.

 

Na-eul was busy helping the volunteers and nurses to prepare for the lunch since she had nothing to do in her room while waiting for Kyungsoo to finish his work. “Dr. Kyungsoo is so blessed to have you in his life” one of the nurses said. She shook her head and her cheeks turned red. “No, I’m blessed to have him in my life” she smiled. “I’m sorry, but there’s a patient looking for you” one of the volunteers approached Na-eul and she quickly turned around and it was Mi-rae.

“I’ll be back in few minutes” she smiled and walked towards Mi-rae. “Hi” Mi-rae stammered and avoided her sister’s eyes. Na-eul looked at her happily and immediately hugged her. "Unni” she said and smiled. Mi-rae stood still in a few seconds but managed to pat her back. “I’m sorry for avoiding you” she said. “It’s okay. It’s totally understandable” Na-eul smiled. “We should talk somewhere here, let's go” she said and held Mi-rae’s hand tightly.

They walked around the park nearby, hand in hand. Mi-rae looked at her sister, and she was in deep thought. “How did Kyungsoo tell you about me?” she asked. Na-eul smiled. “Well, he called me and asked me and Suho to go here straight away and that’s how we ended here” she said. “No, I already knew that from Suho. How did Kyungsoo tell you about my… condition?” she asked. Na-eul looked at her and then smiled.

 “He told me, you need us to be by your side. You’re sick and you desperately in need of help but you didn’t realize it” she said. “Kyungsoo, pfft” she scoffed. “Oh, you’re smiling?” she . “No, I’m not” she denied it. “Anyway, I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for burdening you and our parents. How are they?” she asked. “They’re doing well, but they ask about you every single day. You should go and meet them when you’re ready. You still remember, how terrified mom was when you left us to go to Korea, all by yourself? Well, she isn’t ready to lose you again this time” she smiled and patted her back.

“So, tell me, is Kyungsoo does his job wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter