6th

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the day where Na-eul’s parents are going back to Canada after spending their time around one-month here. They are going to have a dinner with Do’s family tonight and it excites Na-eul up. It has been a while since she sees/meets Kyungsoo. At the same time, she was preparing herself for her new job as she’s going to start in a few weeks.

She’s busy in her room, picking up suitable dress for tonight’s event. She doesn’t know why she’s so excited about it like, she never being this excited before but she tries to calm herself down. She was humming to her favorite song; Black Magic by Little Mix when her sister, Mi-rae knocked on the door and she turned around. “Can I come in?” she asked with a big smile on her face.

“Yeah, come in.” Na-eul smiled and unplugged her earphone and sat beside Mi-rae. “You’re busy? Got a minute?” she asked. Her tone was kind of serious and pretty scary for Na-eul. “Yeah, what is it?” she asked as she folded her clothes and put it nicely in her closet back.

“You know that we’re going to have a dinner with Do’s family, right?” she said. Na-eul nodded and stared deeply into Mi-rae’s light brown eyes. “You know what the reason of tonight’s dinner is?” she asked. “Wait, is there any reason besides our parents are going back to Canada?” she raised one of her eyebrows. “You still don’t know it yet?” she asked. “Just tell me what it is” she sighed.

Just when Mi-rae wanted to tell her, Mrs. Kim knocked on the door and opened it. “Yes, mom?” both of them answered. “Na-eul, will you accompany me to the mall to buy few things for Do’s family?” Mrs. Kim asked. “Yeah… sure” she stuttered and flashed a small smile to her mom. “Okay, I’ll wait for you” she said and closed the door.

“So, tell me while I’m still in my room” she continued as she grabbed her cardigan. Mi-rae smiled and tapped Na-eul’s shoulder. “You know what? You just wait until tonight, okay?” she said and slowly walked out of the room. Na-eul was left in the room by herself and she’s having a million of thoughts running on her mind about what Mi-rae just talked about.

[-]

Na-eul was pushing the trolley as she followed Mrs. Kim from behind. She can’t stop herself from thinking about what Mi-rae said earlier. Is there another reason for his parents to make the dinner with Kyungsoo’s family? She stared blankly at the floor when Mrs. Kim tapped her shoulder. “Honey, you’re okay?” she asked. Na-eul was startled and quickly nodded to Mrs. Kim’s question.

“It seems like there’s something bugging off your mind” Mrs. Kim said. “Well, not really. Mi-rae wanted to tell me something earlier, but you cut off our conversation” she said. “I’m sorry, honey. I didn’t mean it” Mrs. Kim sighed. “No, it’s okay mom. Do you have something that you need to tell me? What I meant is, about Kyungsoo? About tonight’s dinner? It has something to do with me right?” she asked.

Mrs. Kim smiled and slightly pushed Na-eul and the trolley forward. “What do you mean? It’s just a plain dinner like we always do” she said. “Are you sure?” Na-eul raised her left eyebrow. “Yes” Mrs. Kim nodded and smiled. “Come, let me treat you your favorite Korean spicy chicken” she said. Na-eul smiled and hugged her mom. “Thank you” she said.

[-]                                                                                                                                                           

Na-eul and Mrs. Kim arrived at home and she helped her arranging few stuff when suddenly Mi-rae called her over. “Yes, why?” she smiled as she placed her right hand on his waist. “I found a perfect dress for you to wear” she said and grabbed her hand. Na-eul was kind of shocked and just continuously blinked as she’s trying to digest Mi-rae’s words. “I thought I’m going to choose my own dress. Come on, I’m not a 5-year old kid anymore” she giggled and sat comfortably on Mi-rae’s bed.

Mi-rae smiled. “Yes, you’re not but I’m just being kind today. Please appreciate my kindness, okay?” she winked and threw the dress to her. “This is too girlish for me” she said. “Then, you’re going to wear a casual tee, and a pair of black jeans, and oh! Not to forget, your favourite maroon sneakers?” Mi-rae crossed her arms together.

Na-eul shook her head off and gets up. “Well, I got a black dress and it’s pretty!” she smiled. “Na-eul, is black the only colour exists in your life?” Mi-rae asked. “Yellow suits you even more as you’re fair-skinned so, there shouldn’t be any problem, right? Please, wear it for me. I want you to look stand out this time” Mi-rae smiled. “Mi-rae, it’s just a plain dinner” she sighed and lightly stomped her feet. “A plain dinner for you, but not for all of us” she smiled. “What do you mean?” she raised her left eyebrow.

Mi-rae avoided answering her question and quickly left her in the room. “Just wear it, okay? I’m coming in after 15 minutes and will help you with the make-up” she smiled and closed the door. Na-eul sighed and walked back and forth as she kept staring at the dress. “What’s so special about tonight’s dinner?” she thought and grabbed the dress.

Mi-rae walked into the kitchen and snatched an apple from the grocery bag and leaned against the wall. Mrs. Kim turned around. “What did you do to Na-eul?” she asked. “Well, I’m kind of forced her to wear the yellow dress” she smiled. “Does she know about our plan?” Mrs. Kim asked. “Don’t worry. Everything is fine” she said. “But mom, please stop making it look too obvious that we’re hiding something from her. Na-eul, well you know her. She can sense something fishy right away. That smart- kid” Mi-rae giggled. “I will” Mrs. Kim nodded and patted Mi-rae’s back.

Na-eul came out of the room, feeling uncomfortable as she walked into the kitchen. “Mi-rae” she mumbled and Mi-rae turned around. Her eyes were wide open as she’s scanning her from bottom to top. “Kim Na-eul, is that you?” she asked. “Just stop it. I feel really uncomfortable right now. This dress is way too short for me” she sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter