10th

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Na-eul, eat more of this” Mrs. Do scooped out potato salad from the bowl and put it on her plate. She didn’t give any reaction, nor thanks; she just sat there silently like a mannequin. Kyungsoo turned to her and exchanged looks with his mom.

“Na-eul, why?” he put down his fork and touched her hand. She was slightly startled at his warm hand touching hers.

“I-i” she paused and let out a small smile “I’m fine” she scooped a bit of the potato salad but then she just put down her spoon.

“Can I excuse myself for a while?” she asked. Mr. Do nodded and smiled at her sudden question. “Thanks” she pushed her chair a bit and walked away.

Mrs. Do looked at her son. “Is there something you want to tell us, Kyungsoo?” she asked with a soft gaze she gave her son.

“Um” he paused and wiped his lips with a napkin. “I’m planning to marry Na-eul, mom, dad” he smiled.

“That’s good, then. You know, that’s our wishes right? To see you settle down with Na-eul” Mr. Do smiled. He swore to God — it has been a while to actually see his dad smiling like that. Like a proud dad.

Mrs. Do cut off their conversation. “But, is there something bothering her?” she asked. Kyungsoo sighed. “Oh, boy. That’s not a good sign” she said. Kyungsoo quickly shook his head. “It’s not about our marriage — I think she just stressed out? Work, maybe?” he said.

“You should talk to her — like now” Mrs. Do suggested. Kyungsoo didn’t take a second of thought and excused himself right away.

He looked around his house as his eyes moved fiercely like an eagle, scanning every corner of the house. As he took few steps on the stairs, he saw a small, lean figure at the pool; dipping her feet into the pool. He smiled.

“Mind if I sit next to you?” he asked. She looked up to find Kyungsoo was staring at her with an emotionless look. She nodded gently, allowing him. He rolled up the hem of his jeans up to his knee before dipping into the water like her.

Kyungsoo looked at her while she zoned out and just stared at her reflection on the surface of the pool. “Are you like, okay?” he asked as his left foot brushed against hers.

“I’m fine” she answered softly.

“Na-eul, I’ve known you for 13 years” he said. “Yah” he said and nudged her shoulder.

Na-eul sighed.

“2 months left...” she paused and looked away. “Don’t you feel anything?” she asked.

Kyungsoo sneered. “I knew it” he said. Na-eul quickly looked at him when she heard he was sort of sneering at her.

“Why it bothers you that much?” he asked and was quite surprised to see her looked straight at him before both of them looked away.

She was taken aback by his question. “Well, it doesn’t bother you?” she asked.

“Not that much” he shrugged his shoulders.

“Idiot Kyungsoo! Stop being an idiot, would you?” little Na-eul made an appearance in her mind.

Kyungsoo moved closer and it surprised him, she didn’t flinched a bit. He took that moment to give her a hug. A warm embrace where he knows can ease her worries. He placed his head on her shoulder.

“No, Kyung-ie, this won’t make me feel better” she bluffed.

He broke the hug and pouted. “Damn it” he mumbled.

“I’ve known you for 13 years, idiot” she smirked. “I’m just nervous to be your wife —

Kyungsoo, again, sneered and it somehow hurts her.

“I’m sorry... please continue” he said.

She pulled one of her legs out of the pool. “I’m going to stop it here if you’re continuing being an ” she said.

“Wo...” he grabbed her wrist. “I didn’t mean it. I’m sorry” he softly pulled her hand. This time Kyungsoo pulled both of his legs and they sat in comfortable position and facing each other.

“I’m worried” she nibbled her lower lips and played with her fingers. She just looked down; didn’t dare to look straight at Kyungsoo.

He let out a small sigh; not a deep one, but just a soft one.

“I know” he said. “I know you’re worried” he continued. “But trust me, if you follow me, everything will be fine” he said.

This time, she lifted her heavy head and stared at him blankly.

“What if...” she sighed. “What if we get caught?” she asked. Kyungsoo smiled at her not-so-frightening question.

“We won’t if we keep our mouth shut” he said. “Look, don’t take it in a wrong way. I’m not using you for my own sake or what—

“But somehow, I feel that way... Kyungsoo” she answered.

Kyungsoo moved closer and his knees brushed against hers as he pulled her for a sudden hug. “Kyung, what are—

“Na-eul, I’m not using you. I swear to God, I’m not” he said. “I just... I just want to see both of our parents happy” he continued.

“I know” she softened her voice. “You told me the other days” she continued.

Kyungsoo’s hand ran up and down on her back. “Na-eul, if you can put your trust on me, that would be better” he sighed as he buried his face on her shoulder.

“I trust you” she paused. “I just doubt myself— am I doing the right thing?” she said.

“You are” he replied softly.

A sudden silence hits both of them as they buried their face on each other shoulders.

“Kyung?” she said.

“Yes?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter