22nd

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Na-eul, slow down. You’re carrying a baby” Ayumi said as she followed her straight to the kitchen. Three of them just got back from groceries shopping. Baekhyun helped them with the bags while carrying So-eul in his other arm.

“I’m so happy” Na-eul smiled and wrapped her arms around Ayumi’s neck. “I want to cook his favourite food and can’t wait to see his reaction” she said and broke the hug. Baekhyun looked at both of them from behind and tightened his grip. “We’re happy for you, really, happy for you” he smiled and pulled Ayumi closer to him.

“Unfortunately, we can’t help you with the dinner” he said. “Oh, why?” Ayumi turned to him. “We need to settle some orders at the bakery, remember?” he slightly pinched the tip of Ayumi’s nose. “Oh” she snapped her fingers and looked at Na-eul. “I’m sorry” she said.

Na-eul walked closer and reached out for her hands. “It’s okay. I can do this” she smiled. “You’re sure?” Baekhyun asked. “Yes” she nodded and patted So-eul’s head. “Pray for Aunty Na-eul for tonight, okay?” she giggled. “Let’s go, we have to leave now” he said and they excused themselves.

Na-eul cooked everything on her own. She cooked his favourite food, Beef Stew with Kimbap Roll. As she was cooking, she kept checking her phone in case she received any text from him. Just then, Kyungsoo called her. She quickly turned off the stove and ran to the table while holding her stomach.

“Hello?” she answered. “I’m at home” she smiled as she heard his voice. “You’ll be late?” she pouted and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. “Eat out? It’s fine. I’m preparing for dinner tonight” she said. “Nothing. It’s just I want to eat home-cooked meals with you” she smiled. “Alright, I’ll wait for you. Bye” she hung up on him. “Should mom eat first?” she giggled as she rubbed her stomach.

She finished everything by 7 p.m. and as the sun set down, Kyungsoo still hadn’t arrived home. “He said, he’ll be home by 6. Where is he?” she checked her phone. She tried to call him but he didn’t pick up his phone. She waited, and waited until she fell asleep on her own. She rested her head on the dining table.

After a while, Kyungsoo arrived at home with Dr. Jaehyun. “Send my regard to your wife” he said. Kyungsoo nodded and bid goodbye. Jaehyun’s car drove off and he pulled his luggage to the front door. He unlocked the door and dragged himself inside. “Oh, where’s Na-eul?” he thought as he set all his belongings on the table. He took off his sweater and hung it.

As he walked to the kitchen, he immediately saw Na-eul was sleeping with her head and arms on the table. He approached her and softly her hair. “You must be tired” he said. She was startled and opened her eyes. “Kyung? Is that you?” she asked. “Yes, it’s me” he smiled.

“What time is it?” she asked. “Er, 8 p.m.” he scratched the back of his head. “8?” she rubbed her eyes then looked at him. “I’m sorry for coming home late” he said. “It’s okay. Who sent you back?” she asked. “Ah, Jaehyun” he smiled. “Come, let’s eat. I’m hungry” she said. She removed the pot lid and carefully brought it to the table.

He widened his eyes. “Beef Stew?” he looked at him. “Oh, wow, my wife, oh” he clapped his hands and tucked her hair behind her ear. “There’s more?” he asked as he saw she brought a plate and two bowls. “Kimbap Roll” she smiled and placed it on the table. He scooped out rice for him and Na-eul. “Thanks for the food, Na-eul” he smiled and patted her head.

“Is it good?” she asked. “It’s insanely good” he smiled. “I asked for the recipe from mom” she said. “No wonder it tastes like mom’s Beef Stew” he said and munched on the Kimbap Roll. “Why you suddenly make Beef Stew? Usually, we just eat something simple for dinner” he said. “No reason” she smiled. “You’re hiding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter