11th

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can I come in?” Mi-rae knocked on the door and peeked inside. She saw Na-eul stood facing outside in her yellow, backless dress.

She approached her from behind and hugged her. “Wow, pretty bride looking so gorgeous today” she smiled. She noticed her didn’t give any reaction to her appearance.

“Na-eul” she whispered. “Um?” she answered shortly.

“Are you okay?” she asked. Na-eul sighed deeply as she straightened her back. “I guess I’ll be doing just fine, right, Mi-rae?” she asked.

Mi-rae was taken aback. She realized something. “She dropped honorifics with me. Usually she’ll do that when she’s in trouble” she thought.

“Na-eul, look at me” she turned her sister to face her. “Tell me, did Kyungsoo do something to you?” she asked.

Na-eul nodded gently. “He did this to me” she mumbled as she hitting her chest.

“He did what?” Mi-rae couldn’t put any expression on her face. “Na-eul, I’m serious” she said softly.

“What do you feel when you look at Suho?” she asked. Again, Mi-rae was startled.

“Happiness?” she answered softly.

She didn’t see all that with Kyungsoo, nor feels it.

“Look. You two have been acting really weird for the past few weeks – to be exact, after you came back from the bridal” she said. “This is the dress, right?” she asked.

Na-eul nodded as she lifted her head. “What if I’m not happy with him, Mi-rae?” she asked.

“You will, Na-eul” she said. “I know you will, of course a marriage has their ups and downs but if both of you face it together, everything will be fine” she sighed.

“If you guys are meant for each other, God will let that happen” she smiled before planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Now, get ready please? Pull that look from your face and embrace your day. I can’t believe you’re getting married” she said and pulled her closer. “You know, if something happen to you one day, and you feel scared to tell mom and dad, I’m always here for you” she said.

Mi-rae was right. Why should I feel sad about this marriage? Maybe because I know that this marriage won’t last long but I shouldn’t feel this way. We were force to do this. I’m so confused as hell.

Mi-rae softly pulled her hand and handed her a small bouquet of fresh roses. “Kyungsoo gave this to you and dad will be here in a few minutes. You don’t want to show that attitude in front of dad, am I right?” she said.

“No” she shook her head. “Good, then” she smiled as she looked at the back of Na-eul’s dress. “Did Kyungsoo choose this for you?” she asked.

“Why?” she said.

Mi-rae smiled. “He made a great choice” and winked at her.

“There you are, my two beautiful daughters” Mr. Kim widened his arms and they ran to give him a hug. “Wow, a backless dress” he winked at Mi-rae playfully.

He grabbed Na-eul’s hand. “You’re so pretty, Na-eul. I assure you, this is the right choice for you” he said as tears fell down on his cheek.

“Ow, dad” she smiled as her thumb wiped away the tears. “I’m happy, dad” she let out a small smile before gave him a second, long hug. “I’m going to miss you, dad” she said.

“You’re still my baby girl” he smiled and pinched the bridge of her nose. “The groom is ready” one of their relatives came in.

Na-eul walked with her dad as she clung tightly onto his arm as Mi-rae followed both of them from behind. As they walked inside the little, white chapel, people stood and fixed their eyes on the bride. She could feel butterflies in her stomach as she made eye contacts with the guests; they were not that many of people, but just enough to make her stomach growled. There, she saw a familiar, average height man, standing facing the priest.

It was him. It was Do Kyungsoo.

He turned around and flashed her with a genuine smile; his trademark. She can see his friends from the café months ago were there beside him. She stood in front of him while still holding her dad as he bowed at your dad and asked for her hand.

Right there, she burst into tears and started to sob silently but he noticed that. “Is she for real?” he thought and softly grabbed her hand and walked closer to her.

“I told myself I don’t want to cry” she whispered. Kyungsoo just smiled and both of them facing the priest.

Giving full attention while listening to the words written in the Bible, she felt sudden anxiety when the priest said “Now, the groom and the bride may face each other and repeat after me”

“You’re okay?” he asked. “Sort of” she replied nervously. Kyungsoo held her tightly knowing that how nervous she was. “Thanks” she mouthed.

“The groom, you may start” the priest smiled. “Repeat after me” he said. Kyungsoo gently nodded and turned to face her back.

“I, Do Kyungsoo—

He closed his eyes. “I, Do Kyungsoo—

“Take you, Kim Na-eul—

“Take you” he paused. “Kim Na-eul—

She flustered with thousands of emotions.

“To be my wife”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter