4th

Actually, She's My Wife! [ DISCONTINUED ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi-rae and Na-eul were cleaning the kitchen together after they had their dinner with Do’s family. This is their bonding moment where it has been a long time since Na-eul met her sister. She missed her so much as she’s the only sister she has. Na-eul keeps teasing her about Suho when Mi-rae started to brag about her boyfriend.

 “Suho takes a good care of you” she smiled as she hugged her sister. Mi-rae shyly smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear. “Well, you will get one too in future,” she said. “Yeah, I hope so” she nodded and suddenly thought of something. “Hey, can I ask you something?” she asked as she sipped a glass of water. “Yeah, what is it?” she turned to her.

“What happened earlier? You guys were so shocked when you found out we were behind you guys. It seems like you guys were in a middle of planning something exciting” she said. “Well, I’m just curious because I’ve never seen our mom that surprised before” she continued. Mi-rae tried to make an excuse just to avoid herself from getting into a trap or more tricky questions because she knows that no one can fight her sister’s curiosity over something.

“Well,” she stuttered. “I heard that they’re planning to make a surprise for Kyungsoo,” she said. “Oh really? What for?” she asked. “Um,” she paused. “I don’t know. Mom didn’t tell me further about it” she smiled awkwardly. Na-eul just nodded and smiled. “It sounds interesting. Count me in!” she said. “Yeah, of course” she nodded and stared at her sister blankly.

“You’re that surprise, Na-eul” she thought as Na-eul carefully arranging the oranges and apples on the plate.

Kyungsoo and their parents were sitting together at the living room. Na-eul walked towards them and placed the plate on the table in front of them. “It’s nice and crunchy. You should try it” she smiled. She naturally took place beside Kyungsoo. Their parents were just staring at them with a meaningful smile on their faces. Kyungsoo grabbed one orange and popped it in his mouth. He leaned back and wrapped her shoulder. Na-eul was startled and pushed him away. “What’s wrong with you?” she asked. “I can’t hug my own friend?” he smiled and pulled her.

“Friend? Yeah, we’re just friend” she thought and smiled.

“Kyungsoo, tell us about your job. I heard it's very challenging” Mr. Kim smiled. “Well, yes it is but I enjoy doing it and meeting new patient everyday with different cases” he smiled. “But sometimes, I feel stressed when I can’t help my patient with their problems,” he said. “Can you remember any cases you handled before?” she asked.

He nodded and smiled. “There’s one patient. She has 7 characters and it keeps changing when she’s in a different situation and she even has names for each character” he said. I had a one-month session with her and every time I meet her, she’s just like a new person and sometimes she doesn’t remember me. It’s horrible” he sighed.

“That’s !” she said. “Yeah but after few session, she started to act normal and I have another 3 meetings with her this month and if nothing happens, I can pass her to dad” he smiled. “Be prepared, honey” Mrs. Do smiled. “Oh yeah, I will. Bring it on!” Mr. Do laughed.

It’s 11.30 pm and everyone is already hit the sack. Na-eul can’t shut her eyes and she feels uncomfortable sleeping at a new place. She got up and jumped out of the bed. She tip-toed to grab her sweater and phone on the table. She’s being extra careful as she doesn’t want to wake her sister up. She slowly turned the doorknob and walked out. “Where’s the balcony?” she said as she walked around on the 2nd floor. She just sat on the sofa and staring blankly at the ceiling. The moving fan makes her feeling sleepy all of a sudden, but she tried to hold it for a while.

She’s a little bit confused over what just she felt this evening. Why she feels a little bit sad when Kyungsoo said “we’re friends”? She was not supposed to feel that way and also, she feels her heart racing whenever she heard his voice or sees his smile. Like, what the hell is going on?

She yawned and her vision becomes blurry as her eyes slowly start to close. She rubbed her eyes and slightly slapped her face. She can’t stop yawning, but she didn’t want to go to sleep yet. When she’s about to fall asleep, her head slowly moving to the left when suddenly she felt her head ‘landed’ on someone’s shoulder.

It’s Kyungsoo.

“You had a deep thought, huh?” he asked. “I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that you were here” she smiled. “It’s okay” he nodded. The reason why he’s out of his room was he heard noises and he was awake because of that. “Hey, Na-eul” he stopped when Na-eul unconsciously fell on his laps. “She’s that sleepy?” he thought. He didn’t do anything except for just fixing her sweater. “Now, I can’t move?” he said. “I just sleep here then,” he thought and slowly leaning against the sofa and slowly closes his eyes. 

A week later :

Na-eul stayed at Mi-rae’s with their parents and this is the first time she meets Suho. Well, Suho’s great! He’s so good, he respects their parents, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter