Spirit Week: Thursday

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suhan

 

I walked up my long driveway with a soft smile on my face. Today had been fun. Kai and the others took me to the bottom of a little hill behind the school where a beautiful garden was. The garden was part of Lim Ssem’s nature club and since Aya was the president of that club, she had special privileges. Privileges such as cutting 10 minutes into 5th period because we had “club activities to attend to,” definitely not just lounging around there. Keke.

 

I don’t know why I ever hated the idea of going to this school. The idea of me never meeting Aya and Kai and the other’s was so upsetting to me. I really liked them. They were my escape from this wretched life. They helped me forget who I really was. And that fun was going to continue later tonight at the fair! I smiled in anticipation as I walked through the door of my house. Donggie came up to me with his wagging tail and a happy smile on his face.

 

“Hey boy.” I patted his head and picked him up in my arms. “Mom?” I called out as I walked toward the kitchen.

 

I saw my mom cooking something that I didn’t get to see but turned my attention to her beaming smile when she saw me. “Oh Suhan I’m glad you’re home!”

 

Really? Why?

 

“Yeah me too, mom.” I said through an awkward smile.

 

“I went to a parent’s meeting today at your school about the fun fair and dance.” Mom told me.

 

My eyes slightly widened. She went to my school?! Did she see me with Kai and them?? No, right? If she had then she would’ve been screaming her head off at me. But what if she did???

 

“Oh…” I nervously nodded, “Did you...come and see me?” I nonchalantly asked as I sat on the mini couch.

 

But mom shook her head. “Oh, no. The meeting was right in between my lunch with the ladies and my pedicure so I had to be out of there as soon as possible.”

 

Oh thank God.

 

“Ah, I see.” I nodded, trying to hide the obvious amount of relief on my face.

 

“But anyway, I started talking to one of the moms there and she said her son was in your grade and also working the cupcake booth during your time! She showed me a picture and I must say, he is a very dashing young man! I would love for the two of you to become friends.”  

 

“What’s his name?” I asked.

 

Mom stopped in thought. “Oh darn, what was it again?” She sighed as she tapped her chin. “Their surname was Byun. Daehyun? No, I don’t think that’s what it was. Byun...Saehyun? I can’t believe I forgot.”

 

It took me a couple seconds before it clicked in my head.

 

My mouth fell in disgust. “Baekhyun?”

 

“Yes! Baekhyun!! That’s it! Byun Baekhyun. He seems like a nice boy from what his mother tells me.”

 

I groaned and slumped my body against the back of the couch. “Oh mom!” I whined. “Baekhyun is not a nice boy. Trust me.”

 

“What?? How do you know?” She asked.

 

I stopped. How did I know? Oh, I don’t know, maybe because he called my friend a very bad word? Or the fact that his ego is through the roof? Or that he lies to make himself look better??

 

But how could I tell her that? If I told her the truth, the only thing that would go through her head is that Aya doesn’t dress modestly and that the guys are troublemakers.

 

I sighed and my shoulders deflated. “He just...he just doesn’t give me a good vibe, ok?” I bitterly muttered.

 

“Suhan, don’t judge people before you get to know them, ok? I didn’t raise you like that.” She said sternly.

 

I rolled my eyes, hard.

 

I got up with Donggie still in my arms and left the kitchen before my head exploded. Mom obviously didn’t notice my irritation because she giddily said we were leaving in an hour.

 

When I reached my room, I closed the door and dropped onto my bed, placing Donggie on my stomach, one of his favorite spots. I pulled my phone out of my backpack and immediately texted Aya.

 

 

To: Aya

Sent: 4:02 PM

Guess who my cupcake stand partner is.

 

 

From: Aya

Received: 4:03 PM

Who?

 

To: Aya

Sent: 4:03 PM

Baekhyun. Byun disgusting Baekhyun.

 

From: Aya

Received: 4:03 PM

WHAT?! NO. SUHAN NO. WHAT THE

 

To: Aya

Sent: 4:04 PM

I KNOW TT.TT

What do I do??

 

From: Aya

Received: 4:04 PM

YOU KILL HIM. TAKE A KNIFE WITH YOU AND JUST GUT THAT BASTARD. RIGHT IN THE CROTCH.

 

To: Aya

Sent: 4:05 PM

Aya. I can’t even ask someone to move when they’re in my way in the hallways.

 

From: Aya

Received: 4:06 PM

...good point.

Alright dont panic. We’ll figure something out. We wont let you suffer alone with that for a whole half hour.

 

To: Aya

Sent: 4:07 PM

We?

 

From: Aya

Received: 4:07 PM

Me, the others, and your beau ;**

 

To: Aya

Sent: 4:07 PM

My beau?

 

 

From: Aya

Received: 4:09 PM

 

To: Aya

Sent: 4:09 PM

-_-

 

From: Aya

Received: 4:10 PM

〜(^∇ ^〜)(〜^∇ ^)〜

Love ya!

 

 

 

 

 

Kai

 

“Aw hell yeah.” I said as Soo, Taemin and I walked onto the fairgrounds. I had to admit, the place looked great. There were tons of rides which included a mini ferris wheel, that was still pretty big in my opinion, endless booths and games, snack stands, an anti-gravity ride, a little petting zoo for the kids which included pony rides, and there were a bunch of other stands too like a tattoo stand, a face painting stand, one where you could get a caricature drawn, etc.

 

It was pretty awesome.

 

I thought that we wouldn’t raise that much money with just one day of the thirty that the fair is set up, but I actually think we might.

 

So with no delay, the three of us went to get our fair bracelets from the tent our school was using.  

 

“Kim Jongin, Lee Taemin, Do Kyungsoo.” D.O. said to the lady at the table. She nodded and typed our names into her laptop to make sure we were actual students and not just some freeloading children. But sure enough, she found our names in the school attendance and handed us our free-pass green bracelets.

 

“Here are your food tickets. Don’t lose them because you won’t get anymore once they’re gone.” She said handing us each a ticket with three food passes on them. The three of us nodded and went to go meet up with the others.

 

“Where did they say to meet up?” Taemin asked as we walked.

 

“Seulgi said to come to the dunk tank.” I answered. We walked for a few minutes before finally, we saw our friends.

 

“Aya!” I called. Aya, Seulgi, and Sehun all turned and beamed smiles at us.

 

“Why are you guys so late??” Seulgi asked as we made our way over.

 

“Lost track of time. Where’s Suhan?” I asked after noticing her absence.

 

Their smiles fell and they exchanged irritated looks.

 

“She’s at the cupcake stand with Baekhyun.” Seulgi angrily muttered.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What? Why is she with him?”

 

“They just happened to sign up at the same stand.” Aya sighed. I groaned. That means if we were to go see her, we’d have to see that bastard as well.

 

“Ugh come on. The poor girl is probably dying right now.” Seulgi said and led the way to the cupcake stand.

 

 

 

 

3rd POV

 

“I don't know why you hang out with those guys.” Baekhyun said. Suhan closed her eyes and clenched her fists. “You gotta pick the right friends, New Girl. Your life is only gonna be as good as the people you hang out with and right now, your’s isn’t looking too good.”

 

To a girl like Suhan, this was pure torture. She hated that he spoke as if he knew anything about her. But to talk back and snap at him just wasn’t who she was. No matter how much she hated it, that’s how she was raised. She wasn’t raised as a loud mouth. She wasn’t raised to be strong. She was raised to be quiet and poised.

 

But thankfully, Baekhyun grew tired of taunting her and just sat down on the chair. “Ight, you got this, right? Wake me up when the shifts over.” He said as he pulled his visor down to hide his face from the sun.

 

Suhan gave him a distasteful look but could only sigh and comply to what he was saying. What other choice did she have?

 

So she ignored his useless presence and put on a friendly smile for the customers.

 

“What flavor?” She asked to two girls who had come over.

 

“One box of red velvet and one with chocolate.” One of them said. Suhan nodded and grabbed the two boxes from the counter.

 

“$2 please.” Suhan said. The girl nodded and handed her two one dollar bills. They thanked each other and Suhan placed the money in their metal box.

 

For the next few minutes, people bought and Suhan sold, completely without Baekhyun’s help. She could have sworn she heard snoring from him. Suhan rolled her eyes.

 

Suhan checked the time: 5:12 PM.

 

“Okay that’s not bad, only about 15 more minutes.” She said to herself in a voice filled with determination. She gave herself a small “fighting” before continuing to work.

 

But while she was greeting customers, she heard a bunch of footsteps behind her along with something hitting the leg of Baekhyun’s chair, and the latter’s irritated groaning. Suhan turned around and saw Baekhyun on the ground, his chair folded up, and her wonderful friends grinning at her.

 

“What the hell??” Baekhyun yelled as he got up.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be working and not slacking off?” Aya asked with her arms folded across her chest.

 

“Oh give me a break. New Girl’s got it c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter