Goodnight

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kai, you really don't have to do this." Suhan insisted for the 10th time. 

Kai made a face at her. "What kind of guy would I be if I let a young girl walk home at night all alone?" He scoffed as he walked on the edge of the sidewalk, trying to keep his balance. 

"You might miss your bus." She sighed, never taking her eyes off from his entrancing side view. 

"Then I'll crash at your place." He bluntly said. Suhan stopped dumbfounded in her tracks, her cheeks beginning to blush crimson as she stared at him slightly wide eyed at his statement. When he didn't hear her light footsteps behind him, he turned around and couldn't help but grin at her flustered appearance. "Do you think your bed is big enough for the both of us?" 

Suhan's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "K-Kai!" She exclaimed through stutters. 

Kai threw his head back with a hooting laugh. "Jeez woman, take a joke." Suhan just stared at him blankly as he continued to walk. Never had she met a guy like him before.  Every guy back at her old school wore polyester sweater vests that their mothers ironed for them and played golf on Sunday's. They cared more about their brand new Tommy Hilfiger shoes than the girl who dropped her books on her way to class. 

But Kai, he liked his white dress shirt without the vest. He adventured, he wore worn out converse. He laughed and joked about real things, not about the type of backpack the other students had.

Suhan looked down and lightly smiled before walking after him.

"So does the cute new girl Ahn Suhan like her the school so far?" Kai asked as he hopped away from the edge and beside her instead. 

Butterflies fluttered all around Suhan's heart at the word "cute" and she couldn't help the grin growing on her lips. "New girl Ahn Suhan does like the school so far." She agreed. 

Kai smiled. "Good." He said. "Does she like the people there?" 

"As a matter of fact, she does." Suhan responded. 

"Does she like Aya, D.O, and all of their friends?" Kai interviewed. 

"Very much so." She chuckled. 

"Even Kai?" He smiled. 

Suhan laughed at his cute tone. "Even Kai." 

Kai looked at her when they passed a street lamp and had to admit, she looked very pleasant when she laughed. Her eyes shaped into crescents, and took up practically half of her face with her shining teeth. He noticed how her nose would crinkle every now and then, like an unconscious habit. Just the image of her lightly laughing was enough for himself to break out into a grin. 

"I'm glad you like it." He then said as they walked alongside one another. 

Suhan would steal a glance at him every now and then, her heart fluttering each time. "Me too." Kai nodded as he stared at the ground, trying to think of something else to talk about. Unlike the first time they met, she was surprisingly very comfortable to talk to. 

"Where are you coming from though?" Suhan then asked. 

"I was visiting my dad in prison." He said with ease. Suhan looked at him with slightly parted in shock, wondering if that was just another one of his jokes. She waited for him to burst out laughing, and tell her to calm down. 

But he never did.

He just continued to walk with the same expression from earlier. 

"O-Oh." She cleared and moved her vision to look straight ahead. "H-how was that?" 

Kai secretly smiled to himself. He thought it was cute how she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter