Gym Class

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suhan walked toward the entrance of the school, her shoulders deflated and her head low. It was a rainy, chilly, Monday morning; the worst kind. There weren’t any students outside since the weather was so awful so all the other students were hurrying inside as fast as they could, but Suhan took her time. Because once she was inside, that meant she had to see Kai.

 

And she really wasn’t ready for that.

 

But eventually she made it even at her turtle speed and slid her hood off once inside. On her way to class, she spotted Aya and Taemin walking her way.

 

As soon as Aya’s eyes spotted Suhan, a look of sympathy and understanding came on her face and she rushed over to give Suhan a hug.

 

“I’m sorry for the y night.” Aya pouted as she hugged the girl. Aya had bombarded Suhan with multiple texts and calls once she got home, demanding to know how her night went: a.k.a. If Kai and Suhan were ready to get married. So Suhan ended up telling her what happened.

 

“What y night?” Taemin asked.

 

“You don’t need to know.” Aya said, waving him off as she released the hug. Suhan gave her a sad smile and thanked her for listening.

 

“Come on, let’s go to class.” Aya said while linking her arm with Suhan’s. “We’ll see you later, Tae.”

 

“Sorry, Taemin.” Suhan said softly.

 

But he just waved it off. “No worries. I wouldn't get this ‘girl stuff’ anyway.” He chuckled. “I’ll see you guys at lunch.”

 

The girls bid goodbye to Taemin before they went their separate ways.

 

“Have you guys talked since Friday?” Aya asked her as they drearily walked through the hallway.

 

“He texted me both days and tried to call me Sunday. I wasn’t really in the mood to talk though.” Suhan replied with a sigh.

 

“Yeah, that’s understandable. You needed time. He’s probably gonna try to talk to you today, though. Are you ready to?” Aya asked, glancing at Suhan.

 

Suhan took a deep breath which she slowly let out after a few seconds. “I mean, I can’t avoid him forever. And, like, I know it’s stupid that I am in the first place because I am the one that ruined their moment, I just...I just thought that maybe, you know, there was something there.”

 

“Suhan, Kai is one of my best friends and believe me, there’s something there. As douchey as I think his action was, I do think he had a good reason behind it.” Aya reassured her.

 

Suhan wholeheartedly wished that were true.

 

When they were up the stairs and turn the corner into their hallway, Aya said, “So...you’re gonna talk to Kai today?”

 

Suhan shrugged. “If I have to.”

 

“Good because looks like this is it.” Aya said. Suhan furrowed her eyebrows and finally lifted her head up at Aya which she nodded to what was in front of her. Suhan followed her gaze and looked forward and saw Kai, Sehun, and D.O. walking toward them from the opposite direction.

 

Kai’s head was slightly lowered and he wasn't that engaged in the conversation D.O. and Sehun were having, as if he was thinking about something so he hadn't seen them yet, but when D.O. called out, “Hey guys.” fairly loudly, Kai looked up and the first person he saw was Suhan, staring at him.

 

Seeing the intense moment, Aya had to fight to hold back her smile.

 

“Suhan.” He called out, taking a step toward her.

 

The guys noticed the awkward air between them too and looked back and forth between the two with Kai never taking his eyes off of her, and Suhan trying to figure out a way to get out of this awkward situation.

 

“Suhan, I-” But Kai didn't get to finish his sentence because Suhan quickly slid into their homeroom before Kai could say anything more.

 

Sehun and D.O. looked at each other before looking at Kai, and then Aya for an explanation.

 

The girl just smiled. “Beautiful morning, isn’t it?” She said as she walked over to D.O. and planted a small kiss on his lips.

 

When Kai got his mind straight again, he went after Suhan into homeroom.

 

“What happened with them?” Sehun asked.

“Nothing.” Aya chuckled and took D.O. inside with her.

 

 

Kai ripped the door open only to see Suhan talking to the teacher about a homework problem she didn’t understand, disallowing him from speaking to her. His shoulders deflated when he realized just how much she didn’t want to talk to him.

 

But that only made his desire to fix things grow even more. Because even if Kai was conflicted about his romantic feelings toward her, he definitely wasn’t conflicted on being a good friend to her.

 

Kai

 

I felt something tug at my arm and the next thing I knew, I was facing Suhan’s very angry expression with her hand clasped around my arm.

 

“I- I think that’s enough.” She said.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows. What is she doing?

 

“What are you doing?” Joo Ri asked with an irritated tone.

 

Yeah, what are you doing?

 

“Kai and I should probably go. It’s getting late.” She responded.

 

“If you need to go, Suhan, no one’s stopping you.” Joori said curtly, tightening her grip on my arm and pulling me back towards her. I clenched my jaw and glanced at Joori with a glare for acting like I was her’s, and for talking to Suhan like that.

 

“I’m gonna go, but I’m sure Kai wants to leave as well.” Suhan said. Trust me, I do.

 

“I don’t think he does. So you can just go. In fact, I would like it if you did.” Joori spat back.

 

“Trust me, I would want nothing more since the whole night, you’ve been trying to take my friend away from me.” Suhan snapped. A pang of guilt hit me with that one; Joori was pretty clingy, but I let her be clingy.

 

Not because I like her, God no, I think she’s superficial and so materialistic, and I would’ve much rather spend my time with Suhan, but...it was Joori’s birthday. No one deserved to be upset on their birthday.

 

“It’s not like he doesn’t want to.” Joori said back.

 

But this girl was making it really hard to be a good person.

 

I gave Suhan a look to stop talking because I knew what would happen if she kept pushing Joori.

 

“You don’t know the first thing about what he wants.” Suhan hissed.

 

“Suhan, stop.” I muttered to her. It almost killed me seeing the look on her face when I said that. Trust me, I felt awful about it too. But I knew there was no stopping Joori, this was her party, she controlled everything that happened tonight and if Suhan angered her, things weren’t gonna end well.

 

“See? He doesn’t want you, Suhan. Now leave. Go back to your waitressing mother.”

 

I saw something flash across Suhan’s eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter