Joo Ri's Party Part 1

My Other Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd POV

 

Suhan bid her driver goodbye and stepped out of the car. People were still getting dropped off so she wasn’t the only one arriving a little late. She looked up at the extravagant hotel and bit her lip in excitement. She wasn’t excited because of the party, no. She was excited because Kai was coming tonight. Or at least he said he would.

 

Suhan held her dress up as she climbed up the red-carpeted stairs. The doorman greeted her and other’s and ushered everyone to where the room was. Suhan was the only one who thanked him. She bowed her head in respect and followed the crowd.

 

There were A LOT of people here. Almost an overwhelming amount. And Suhan? She only knew a few people. She looked around for Joo Ri or one of the other girls but with so many people, she couldn’t see through the crowd of dozens of people to find 5 girls. So she just figured they would eventually find her. Suhan found a spot near one of the emptier tables by the back.

 

She took her phone out and sighed. She played around on it for a bit, wondering if Kai had arrived yet or not. If he did, was he with Joo Ri? Were they together? Was she flirting with him? Was he flirting back??

 

Suhan shook her head and tried not to think of that last one. She glanced around one more time, but this time she actually saw someone familiar: the back of a brown shaggy haired boy sitting alone at a table a few away from hers. Suhan immediately shot up from her seat and made her way towards him.

 

"Kai?" Suhan lightly called out. The shaggy brunette turned around at the sound of his name. Suhan's eyes beamed with delight upon seeing him there.

 

"Oh my God! You’re here!!” She gleefully exclaimed.

 

"Yeah I actually wasn’t going to but Halmoni made me come." He said with a bit of bitterness in his voice that vanished with the next thing he said. "But I'm kinda glad she did now." Kai said as he stared at Suhan.

 

The latter blushed and bit back a smile. "I'm glad too." She said.

 

The two sat down at one of the empty tables away from the mass of the party. Suhan grew up with these kinds of people, but she had an utter distaste for it. This was all too pretentious and superficial for her.  For Kai on the other hand, this was a whole new world to him. He had never been to such a high end party like this. Even though his aunt was high class, him and his father lived average, middle class lives that involved chicken wings and rock music at parties, not wine and piano playing.

 

The two were having a lovely conversation when a very distasteful voice interrupted them.

 

"Oh my God!!! Is that Kai??" Joo Ri nasally exclaimed.

 

Suhan's face died at the sound of her loathsome voice while Kai just clenched his jaw and turned around as he stood up to greet her with a hardened smile.

 

"Oh I'm so glad you came!" Joo Ri beamed and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him close.

 

Suhan's jaw fell to the floor as her eyes almost popped out of her head.

 

Kai was a little caught off guard but nevertheless hugged her back. Upon seeing his hands wrapping around Joo Ri's waist, Suhan unconsciously grabbed the silver knife that was on the table.

 

But lucky for her safety, Joo Ri pulled away from him and beamed at Suhan as well. "I'm really glad you guys came!" She squealed. "I reserved special seats for you two right at my table. You'll find your name written on a card at your seat." She said while pointing over to the very head table. "Suhan I think you're in between Dabin and Minho and Kai," Joo Ri every so lightly smirked, "you're next to me."

 

Suhan couldn't even pretend to be happy. She just stared at Joo Ri was the sourest face ever.

 

"I'll see you guys there in a bit." Joo Ri said to them, but was looking only at Kai. Finally though, she walked away and went to greet her other guests.

 

Suhan let out a long sigh. "Well, that was...unpleasant.”

Kai just laughed. “Come on.” He said to her and pulled her to the table.

“Ugh fine.” Suhan groaned as he pulled her.

 

 

Suhan

 

“So Kai,” Hye Ra asked after she took a sip of her water, “Do you play any sports?”

 

“No but I used to play soccer a couple years back.” He answered.

 

Man, he's cute AND sporty. What a catch!

 

“Oh really?” Dabin’s boyfriend, Mooyoung I think his name was, said. “What team?”

 

“The Blue Aviators.” Kai answered.

 

Mooyoung laughed. “Oh man, The Blue Aviators? Don't they ? We beat them like a dozen times. Good thing you got out of there.”

 

My mouth slightly parted in surprise. Was he being a jerk intentionally or did it just run in his blood?

 

But Kai maintained his composure as he took a sip of water. “What team do you play for?”

 

“Blazing Giants.” Mooyoung answered.

 

“My Mooyeol has been chosen as the MVP every year.” Dabin cooed as she tussled with his hair.

 

Ah, Mooyeol. Not Mooyoung.

 

Mooyeol gave her a smile and kissed the side of her head while I inwardly gagged and tried to keep my dinner down.

 

“I played for the Blue Aviators in middle school and from what I remember, we went undefeated to the championship. We didn’t win since we were down a point but I was still very proud of my team. Now since you claim that your team beat the Blue Aviators, it must have been recent considering during my time, the Blazing Giants were known as one of the worst teams. A team that cheated and did as much foul play as they could get away with.”

 

Everyone at the table just stared at Kai as he nonchalantly picked at his food.

 

He looked up at met Mooyeol’s hard gaze. “But I guess some things never change with you guys because even though I don’t play anymore, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter